Code of Conduct

Default Opium Summer Versions

Before the "fleur" versions, were the Opium Summer/Eau d'Ete that came before those the same scent but in differently designed bottles? I'd really like to get a bottle but want to make sure I get whatever is closest to the original Opium.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Default Re: Opium Summer Versions

They are all different from the original Opium. If you want the original, than get the original

I believe it was 4 or 5 years ago, the summer version was called "Fraicheur d'Orient" and came in a frosted bottle. This was alcohol free. It was lovely (a friend of mine owned it), and dries down into a subtle skin scent.

The year after that was a version I did not like, Opium d'Ete was the name if I'm not mistaken, which smelled to me just like the EDT but with the addition of melon note. It just smelled distasteful - like melon that fell into the ground and got covered with mud.

Than came Fleur de Shanghai (two years ago), which is my favourite of all - a softer though very Opium-y, with the addition of magnolia, and with more vanilla. To me this was perfection and I was sad to see that it would remain only a limited edition...

Last year, Fleur Imperiale debuted and it was similar to Shanghai, but not perfect. It was suppose to be surrounding the osmanthus and peach blossom theme. I just wasn't impressed. I have a bottle up for swap or sale of that. I got it because I knew it's similar to Shanghai. But it's just not as perfect as Shanghai is!
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Talking Re: Opium Summer Versions

I have loved Opium since it came out in 1977. I adore the summer versions, have had them all and bought second bottles. Just finished 2006 Fleur de Imperial and got another from Scentiments. Love that fragrance . Currently using the brown summer one and not sure which year , either 2002 or 2003. The original is too strong and bothers some people tho I wore it for years and bought the LE holiday bottle. The summer Le are just right and you smell devine. Waiting for the new summer 2007 to come out, Great notes. Opium has a lot of followers but they did it right with the summer ones, if that helps anyone, Smell it and walk around, It does linger.Whenever I wear it dh compliments me on it after all these years , ENJOY
    Last edited by perfumegirl; 7th February 2007 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayala
    They are all different from the original Opium. If you want the original, than get the original

I believe it was 4 or 5 years ago, the summer version was called "Fraicheur d'Orient" and came in a frosted bottle. This was alcohol free. It was lovely (a friend of mine owned it), and dries down into a subtle skin scent.

The year after that was a version I did not like, Opium d'Ete was the name if I'm not mistaken, which smelled to me just like the EDT but with the addition of melon note. It just smelled distasteful - like melon that fell into the ground and got covered with mud.
    I was writing my post late at night and should have revised a bit...

I'm seeing two different bottles for the Summer version. One is a frosted bottle with a white cap, and the other is jet black. Do they contain the same scent?
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Thumbs up Re: Opium Summer Versions

Every summer Opium seems to come out with a slightly different summer version. I have already read of the new Summer 2007 one. No idea when it will come out. Check out some sites or the directory for the exact notes in each. All are a tiny bit different and wonderful. I have had and worn them all. Love Shanghai 05 and Imperial 06. Just got another Imperial. Great fragrance, but wear it lightly. Some people cannot get to near it, It is a strong fragrance and lovely.

They are all different but the summer versions are all good too.

The new versions are called Opium Orchidée de Chine Eau d'Orient wich has mandarin, neroli, spices, orchid, jasmine, carnation, amber, vanilla, patchouli and iris; and Opium Pour Homme Eau d'Orient wichhas lemon, bergamot, grapefruit, spices, star anise, ginger, white pepper, nutmeg, vetiver, sandalwood and amber.