Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default Post A Picture of Your Scents

I remember someone started this thread and I enjoyed it very much. We should do it again. So please post a picture of your collection.

Default Re: Post A Picture of Your Scents

I think that's a great idea too, I enjoyed those threads. I'll definitely get a picture tomorrow for this.

This one is a few months old but I'll take a new picture this evening

[QUOTE=apekrul]This one is a few months old but I'll take a new picture this evening

Wow, coffee beans! Does it work? Never tried it myself... Oh and I can spot those Montale samples there!

The coffeebeans do overpower everything else in my fridge, so the only thing you smell upon opening the door is... coffee

I also like this kind of thread very much and I would like to contribute with a photo of my collection. So how du you insert a photo directly into the post?

Christian
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

I think you can only link to it

Quote Originally Posted by apekrul
    I think you can only link to it
    No....(see the pic above and this one)

But it must be on your PC and stored at a hosting site such as www.photobucket.com .

Don't have any of my scents right now.

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

http://www.links-entertainment.com.my/P1050032.jpg

http://www.links-entertainment.com.my/P1050031.jpg
    My modest collection thus far... have a couple bottles elsewhere that dont fit the table... will have to find an alternative way to display more bottles soon without looking tacky or messy
    Last edited by yonggoh; 2nd January 2007 at 05:15 PM.
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Here are some poorly-stitched panoramas of my collection. Sorry about the lighting.

Top shelf:

Bottom shelf:

The PopTart box holds most of my samples. The small bottles in front of it are some perfume oils and decants.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

My Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    No....(see the pic above and this one)
    But it must be on your PC and stored at a hosting site such as www.photobucket.com .
    Don't have any of my scents right now.
    Dan
    Doesn't matter, I love the shot !! I will experiment with pb then. When was doing the Zurich Shopping Guide, I could not insert pictures.
    So I resigned to linking only, and it still looks like a construction site! I would like to add one taken in theTauer shop recently. I use Firefox.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

greyhueofdoubt, i love the half-empty bottle of Issey

Here is a pic:

Last edited by rach2jlc; 19th January 2007 at 09:12 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    Here are some poorly-stitched panoramas of my collection. Sorry about the lighting. The PopTart box holds most of my samples. The small bottles in front of it are some perfume oils and decants. ... -ben
    Cool composition! And what a delicious mess! I wouldn't mind being locked in that room for 24h !
    Quote Originally Posted by yonggoh
    ...I will have to find an alternative way to display more bottles soon without looking tacky or messy
    This is an aesthetic masterpiece! Very nice photographs, and beautiful for the European eye. You just inspired me!
    Last edited by narcus; 2nd January 2007 at 05:52 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Why So Serious?

Last edited by HackerX; 2nd January 2007 at 06:49 PM.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

I love seeing these pictures. It's like seeing a picture of a good friend in the newspaper or something: "Hey! It's my friend Rive Gauche, looks like he's been hanging out with HackerX et al!"

Someone with more spare time than me should take it upon themselves to take pictures of their bottles to fill in the blanks in the Basenotes Directory.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

My Wardrobe

Thanks for the photobucket.com hint! It looks like I made it. So here is mine:

Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

Nice collection, Costello. I see many "old friends" in there.

But, it looks like your freezer is trying to eat your decants. Thaw that sucker out, or else you'll find your Coriolan enveloped in ice!!! j/k

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc
    But, it looks like your freezer is trying to eat your decants. Thaw that sucker out, or else you'll find your Coriolan enveloped in ice!!! j/k
    You are right. It looks like my fragrances have to spend a nice 2-day vacation in my regular fridge while thawing their home.

Well here's my collection. I too also used photobucket.

The Wine Cooler

Decants and Samples

Johnny V...I guess lusting after a cologne collection isn't a sin, is it?

Nice collection, man!

omg where did you get the "I can resist anything but temptation" box?!!?!!

Quote Originally Posted by yonggoh
    http://www.links-entertainment.com.my/P1050032.jpg

http://www.links-entertainment.com.my/P1050031.jpg
    My modest collection thus far... have a couple bottles elsewhere that dont fit the table... will have to find an alternative way to display more bottles soon without looking tacky or messy
    OK I figured out how to image link...sorry am still newbie

"You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Johnny_V -

DAMN nice display! And a whole shelf devoted to Creed. That shelf alone looks like it's worth well over $1500! You have the temp set about the same as my fridg but mine is not near as perty.

Johnny_V!!! That's what's up!, as we say in NYC!

I do not have a digital camera right now. As soon as I do I will join this thread. I am very impressed with the mini fridges for storage. Nice work!
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Supermarky - I got it at Second Cup Cafe for about $10-$15 CAD.

MadScientist - It's alot more than that - I got most of the stuff at an auth dealer here in Canada. 3 are testers and 3 were purchased online with a discount. The rest are all legit. As for the temperature - I set it at 15C - but since I was openning and closing the door taking different pics - the temp went down. I set it on 15 but the unit varies between 12 and 16 degrees. At 16 degrees the motor kicks in and stops at about 12-13. The unit itself can go as low as 5C.

I wish I had gotten the bigger cooler - the one that's the size of a fridge. The problem with this unit is that there are too many bottles (or the unit itself is not big enough) - it's a pain to try and get something in back. Not to mention that I always got to bend over to get something inside it.

Anyways - keep posting

Why So Serious?

Wow John, that is killer! Mirella must be happy to have a customer like you no? lol

Can i come to your house and raid your smellies? Hehehe

*drooling*

boy that is a lot of Creeds!!!!

Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

A stupid question from a neophyte:

What is the best way to keep the fragance bottles in perfect conditions? A dry place? Cold compartiment? Maybe a fridge? At what temperature?

I dont have idea!!

Dan(Sorry about the first one)
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Dan, I've never seen you say anything about your Dorissima Narziß or maybe I haven't been paying attention. Lovely fragrance and not very talked about. I wish it was a part of my wardrobe...

Dan ... drooool, love your collection!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Wink Re: Post A Picture of Your Scents

Gentlemen,

I am duly impressed and strangely aroused by these photos.
    I find them very compelling.
    Endearing and SEXY.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

My goodness, these are nice pictures! Amazing, wonderful, inspiring pictures! I have enjoyed looking at your pictures so much! Thanks to each one of you for posting these pictures. I don't have a camera, but suddenly I see a good reason to get one.

I am surprised to see so many refrigerators and even a wine cooler. I had no idea so many Basenoters were using refrigerators or coolers to store the bottles of their wardrobes. It just so happens that my fragrance storage situation has been getting awfully crowded, and also I might be moving to a new home soon. Hmmm, maybe I should buy a new fridge and just have it delivered directly to my new home.
    Last edited by Rockford; 3rd January 2007 at 01:58 AM.

I've got to give it to Johnny_V for 'most organized'!

I take the 'no light' rule pretty serious, which is how I picked my current home for fragrance. I took two shots, one in on the bottles and one to show what they're in:

I'm still waiting on my Agatha Brown's to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara
    A stupid question from a neophyte:

What is the best way to keep the fragance bottles in perfect conditions? A dry place? Cold compartiment? Maybe a fridge? At what temperature?

I dont have idea!!
    The two main things seem to be light and heat. Cold and dark is good. If I stop being lazy and clean out my old dormroom fridge, I'll use it.

There was a thread a while ago saying that the Grasse Institute keeps their reference stores in cold storage, but I can't remember if a specific temperature and/or humidity were specified.

God, I love looking at pictures of other peoples wardrobes. I swear, it's like getting a contact high! Awesome pic's guys. I need to get out my camera and snap a few myself.

Kim

Talking Re: Post A Picture of Your Scents

John,

You will have to live to be 100 to use all of that cologne!
    You should decant many samples and send them to me!

Paul

The pic I posted earlier was a little blurry, so here's a little clearer one of what I'm using now...

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”

~ Robert Brault

AUUUUGH! I LOVE seeing piccies of other people's wardrobes! Talk about awesome and fun! And all those gorgeous bottles...I think I have wardrobe envy. My bell jar of MKK hasn't arrived from Paris yet, so I think I'll wait to take a 'drobe photo when she arrives.

My current wardrobe, minus three of my Le Male bottles and M7.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsibility
    John,

You will have to live to be 100 to use all of that cologne!
    You should decant many samples and send them to me!

Paul
    Thanks, Paul. The sad thing about it is that's just one room (I didn't even get into the bathroom, where I keep a lot of daily-use frags) in my apartment here in the 'states... at my closet-sized apartment in Japan there's even more...

So, (INSERT SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION HERE), that's much of the reason why I've put so many decants for offer in the swap/sales forum. After doing an inventory over the holidays, I realize that I'm just never going to use all of it. After a while, you find yourself asking, "how did I end up with this much stuff?"
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 3rd January 2007 at 05:13 AM.

Thrax

Thanks, Paul. The sad thing about it is that's just one room (I didn't even get into the bathroom, where I keep a lot of daily-use frags) in my apartment here in the 'states... at my closet-sized apartment in Japan there's even more...

So, (INSERT SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION HERE), that's much of the reason why I've put so many decants for offer in the swap/sales forum. After doing an inventory over the holidays, I realize that I'm just never going to use all of it. After a while, you find yourself asking, "how did I end up with this much stuff?"
    I thought that once so I sold most of my stuff, gave away about 30 bottles to friends and then started over. I'm getting in deeper and more expensive now...

Thumbs up Re: Post A Picture of Your Scents

WOW! Completely impressed in what I have seen in those pics. When listing them on a post it is one thing, seeing a picture of them is another dimension. My hat is off to all of you.

And yes, the number of refrigerators we have seen must mean these are people who are serious about their collections.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by globetrekker
    WOW! Completely impressed in what I have seen in those pics. When listing them on a post it is one thing, seeing a picture of them is another dimension. My hat is off to all of you.

And yes, the number of refrigerators we have seen must mean these are people who are serious about their collections.
    I got mine in a little fridge to. BUT i just need a camera besides my 35mm and my camera phone to put a pic on here. I wish I was able to post a pic and let myself be known.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_V
    Well here's my collection. I too also used photobucket.

The Wine Cooler

Decants and Samples
    what kind of wine-cooler is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_V
    Well here's my collection. I too also used photobucket. The Wine Cooler , Decants and Samples
    Awestruck !! The sexiest cabinet inside and out! But as things look, you may soon need another one
    Last edited by narcus; 3rd January 2007 at 11:12 AM.

This is a good opportunity for me to take all my bottles out of the fridge for the first time and take a picture. My New Year wish is to HAVE a wine cooler.

1. ANOTHER COOLER - WISH IT WAS MINE !
    2. TWO SHOPS IN ZURICH. GUESS WHO ???

(1)

(2)COLOGNES in the top shelf

more here: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...787#post849787
    Last edited by narcus; 3rd January 2007 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alaya
    This is a good opportunity for me to take all my bottles out of the fridge for the first time and take a picture. My New Year wish is to HAVE a wine cooler.

I think we have exactly the same fridge. Is it an LG?

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Dan, I've never seen you say anything about your Dorissima Narziß or maybe I haven't been paying attention. Lovely fragrance and not very talked about. I wish it was a part of my wardrobe...
    Thanks for looking Shifts. I do like it as I gave it a 5/3 though I havn't worn it in several weeks if not months.

Dan

Daily Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig
    Dan ... drooool, love your collection!
    Thank you. I need to rearange them and take better pics plus I have a wine cooler but that's where I keep my cigars.

And Ms rtamara.......you sound so interesting !

Dan

Daily Wardrobe

second cup cafe is a starbucks type operation, eh?

did you get it recently? I need one of those... !

Is it better to put colognes in a fridge? Or just a cold place where sunlight doesnt reach? Can lamp lights reach it?

Quote Originally Posted by apekrul
    I think we have exactly the same fridge. Is it an LG?
    Yes. It looks as if we have the same fridge. I never thought that I would outgrow it so soon. I had promised myself that once the fridge was full I would stop buying more scent or a bigger fridge. However if I buy a wine cooler I would still be keeping my promise, at least half of it.

my god this is like looking at playboy for the first time. im drooling!
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Here are the ones I plan on keeping, I might even be able to slim down the wardrobe a bit more. Going for minimalism ideally.

An update! I cleaned it up this morning

Talking Re: Post A Picture of Your Scents

This is inpsiring
    To Whom Much Is Given...Much Is Required

Dependent

Narcus, did you get an answer?

I'll guess it's Andy Tauer's books store

Dependent

Nice pics one and all!

no camera here but I do have a photobucket account so if you're new to all this pic stuff drop me a line.

so far all i have is

I'll get a camera and change that real soon to show my most meager collection.

This is male egoism and competition taken to a whole new level. My collection is bigger than your collection....

Hilarious.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)