Code of Conduct

Default SotD Tuesday 2 January

Another spicy & peppery soulmate scent today: Comme des Garçons EdP

Have a t'riffic Tuesday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 2 January

decided to try another of the samples I've accumulated the past couple of months - Escape by Calvin Klein.
    Well, it sounded nice, but on my skin, all I could/still can smell is sandalwood - none of the other notes came through except that. Oh well...
    Hope you all have a great Tuesday!!

Ananas Fizz - L'Artisan
    Wishlist is pointless.

Today I wear Comme des Garcons Zagorsk.

Have a nice day!
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Kenzo Amour for me today. On my skin it actually reminds me of snow, as the only one of my perfumes. It is really comforting, but also have a chill-ness who is attractive.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Serge Lutens - Daim Blond

If the rest of the year will be like this day......

I could not log in , got the flu, made a fool of myself, what more could I wish for eh?

So: Encens et Lavande (SL), Amber and Lavender (JM), Lavande (Fragonard), Velours Lavande (Guerlain), Lavender (Woods of Windsor) and a hint of Jicky because of the delicious Lavender topnote.

That is what I would call layering!

Did someone say: lavender OD?
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Helmut Lang today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Last edited by Belial; 2nd January 2007 at 11:25 AM.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    If the rest of the year will be like this day......

I could not log in , got the flu, made a fool of myself, what more could I wish for eh?

So: Encens et Lavande (SL), Amber and Lavender (JM), Lavande (Fragonard), Velours Lavande (Guerlain), Lavender (Woods of Windsor) and a hint of Jicky because of the delicious Lavender topnote.

That is what I would call layering!

Did someone say: lavender OD?
    Woah, Riannon, talk about some "COMBINEREN" there! So sorry to hear about your flu, but this fragrant medicine must be a quick healer! Please don't let the fact that I'm wearing...

Parfum d'Empire's Quir Ottoman

...today put you off, because you have a lovely sample on the way, right?
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Well, I've still got the CODE so my first encounter with Santa Maria Novella and her Nostalgia is kinda wasted on me. Past the first blast of old motor oil, could only get a bit of Naugahyde and now a bit of vanilla musk. Sense a quality frag under there and I CAN'T SMELL IT!!! Waaaah!

Will have to go with something stronger. Copy-cat Riannon and overload on leather! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG
    Please don't let the fact that I'm wearing...

Parfum d'Empire's Quir Ottoman

...today put you off, because you have a lovely sample on the way, right?
    MOAN!! Oh, rub it in I suppose I was asking for that.
    That #*&%^% sample is probably abducted by a postman, the central heating has gone AWOL so I am freezing, but......*singing* Yo-Ho-Ho and a bottle of very mature whisky. "I will survive...."
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Since I did not post yesterday....
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!
    I was wondering about your whereabouts, Riannon, since I didn't see you posting VERY early as you always do, but now it's all clear...sorry dear that you got the flu, hope you will recover very soon! I gather you love a lavender note in perfumes? What a layering experience!
    I'm simply wearing Hermès Elixir des Merveilles today for my first working day of the year ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

You guys with the flu and the "code" please get better, you need your nose -- and your head *khm khm* -- to enjoy your perfumes!

Wearing Sonia Rykiel (Orange Pullover) again.

Today I emptied the last of my sample of Chergui Now it's time to decide if it should become my first bell jar. Since I'm going to Paris in March I better start saving now (with the new Chanel launch and all...)

Vanille Exquise for me today!

I'm wearing Allure edt.

Caron's Pour Une Femme

The Caron has now faded mid-day and Vanisia will take her place for the rest of the day
    Last edited by tinker424; 2nd January 2007 at 07:06 PM.

Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year! And for all those of you who are starting work today: I wish you all a Happy and very Successful year ahead!

Today both hubby and I are wearing
    Gaultier²
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 2nd January 2007 at 02:21 PM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I'm wearing Nuits de Noho and Wet Garden--who knew?

Nuits de Noho:
    Bergamot, Mandarin, Pineapple Leaves; Jasmine, Rosewood; Vanilla, Patchouli, Grey Musk

Wet Garden:
    Damp Leaves, Carnation, and "mystery florals"

Aha, I see the crossover now. First the nose knows, then the mind sees.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

i'm wearing my good old beloved Fendi today. makes me feel good every time I catch a whiff.
    ~Melanie Teegarden, Owner
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

L de Lolita Lempicka for me today. I swear, I could bathe in this stuff.
    ~*Christy*~

Well back to work after a nice long weekend...feel like wearing something melancholy and sad, but that won't help me through the day...so I decided on something hopefull eternal and bright. Penhaligon's Elizabethan ROSE

I pulled a rather unbelievably stupid move today... Went into work after my family's big Open House yesterday (leaving the REAL clean-up still to be done), only to discover that months ago I'd requested the day off! Put in a couple of hours, turned around and came home. At least the house will be back in order today; but of course I'm procrastinating here on Basenotes!

New Haarlem today.

I'm in Bulgari Black today.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

enjoying my last day of freedom before returning to work tomorrow in Mugler's Alien
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Orange Magnifica

Costes for the night.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

I'm wearing SL's Mandarine Mandarin today. Spicy and citrusy. Love the richness of this scent. Do I smell cumin in there?

My Apothia samples arrived. I'm going to try to give MM enought time to get to know me a bit, but the lure of the unknown is pretty hard to resist. Maybe I'll make one of them my Scent of the Night.

L´Or de Torrente for me today. Love that hardly noticeable coffee note in it.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Donna Karan by Donna Karan

EnJoy - again - I think this is a daily record for me!

Red face Re: SotD Tuesday 2 January

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline
    Well back to work after a nice long weekend...feel like wearing something melancholy and sad, but that won't help me through the day...so I decided on something hopefull eternal and bright. Penhaligon's Elizabethan ROSE
    I could have written this, had a rough day back to work, broke down crying mid afternoon, the one consolation I had was my SL Fleurs d'Oranger ( and friends at work, thank goodness) but tonight I am wearily treading home and am wrapping myself in a soft cloak of Creed Jasmin Impeatrice Eugenie from a sample I had overlooked weeks ago. It is simply perfect, I must say, just the scent I needed for a gentle night. I have been wanting something decidedly feminine after a patch of whip cracking with my Tabac Blond love, (I still love Tabac Blond, mind you, just I need a softer touch right now) and this Creed is smooth, creamy , elegant and womanly. Soft flowers, soft flowers, I am cloaked in a bed of soft flowery prettiness.
    Now, two hours later, the drydown has evolved into a silky sandalwood. ahhh....
    Last edited by rtamara41; 2nd January 2007 at 11:19 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Le Labo Vetiver 46

vetiver, olibanum oil, cedre oil, labdanum absolute, amber, bergamot essence, vanilla, black pepper, gaiac wood, and clove

Took a day-off, and went out with a friend.
    I wore Jolie Madame as I needed a confidence boost.
    Riannon, I hope you are feeling better when you see this post. Take Care.

Happy New Year!

Sounds like some of us are having bummer starts to the New Year. I spilled coffee all over my kitchen this morning after I failed to put the POT underneath the brewing mechanism. So when I went to the dr this morning I was wearing coffee smell, plus my SOTD Lolita Lempicka. Not too bad of a combo, except for the stain.
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Arpege Pour Homme by Lanvin.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by quinpus
    Happy New Year!

Sounds like some of us are having bummer starts to the New Year. I spilled coffee all over my kitchen this morning after I failed to put the POT underneath the brewing mechanism. So when I went to the dr this morning I was wearing coffee smell, plus my SOTD Lolita Lempicka. Not too bad of a combo, except for the stain.
    My, my you and I are wearing the same scent after all today. I spilled coffee all over myself; but unlike you I failed to connect the rim of the cup with my lips and down the warm coffee poured... now I smell like a mixture of fresh coffee and Gaultier2 .
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

My SotN (Scent of the Night) is Prada, both the body milk and the EdP. I am cloaked in silky amber and soft, warm patchouli, with little curls of sweet citrus swirling around me. Hope DH2B gets home soon!

beyond paradise

testing the 5ml sample i got for Xmas - too floral for me.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel