Code of Conduct

Arrow Please rate my collection

Hello!

Please have a look at my collection and point its weak/strong pieces.

Desire for a Man Alfred Dunhill 2000
    Contradiction for Men Calvin Klein 1999
    Eternity for Men Calvin Klein 1989
    Dune pour Homme Christian Dior 1997
    Eau Sauvage Christian Dior 1966
    Escada Homme Escada 1993
    Héritage Guerlain 1992
    Arpège for Men Lanvin 2005
    Moschino pour Homme Moschino 1990
    Body Kouros Yves Saint Laurent 2000
    Kouros Yves Saint Laurent 1981

Default Re: Please rate my collection

Hi,
    You have scents spread across the fragrance spectrum (not just in one or two categories), and you have a scent for every possible occasion.
    Well chosen, as far as I'm concerned.
    You might want something citrusy, but more long lasting than Eau Sauvage - like Rochas Lui or Boucheron Homme.
    Renato

I agree with Renato, all in all a pretty solid collection. I especially like the two YSLs and the Guerlain you have.

My only suggestion would be something a little "darker" for night wear, such as Gucci PH, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Dior Homme, or maybe even Cuiron (if you can find it).

Welcome to the forum!
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Arrow Re: Please rate my collection

Thank you guys!

Concerning the darker scents - aren't Moschnino Pour Homme and Body Kouros both quite dark?

And by the way, I'm out of Heritage and Eau Sauvage already as the were both quite small bottles.

What do you suggest as a substitute to those?

Your collection is pretty decent. I'd suggest replenishing the Heritage
    and Eau Sauvage if you enjoyed them. If you don't want Eau Sauvage
    I'd suggest Chanel Pour Monsieur, in either the more common "Concentree"
    version, or the rarer original (1955) version.

If you want something a little more modern than Heritage, but in a similar
    vein, then try Gucci Envy or Floris Eau de Santal.

Question Re: Please rate my collection

Thanks again!

To tell the truth, Heritage I only had in a small tester-vial. I used to like it a lot but I have no experience of testing it from a normal bottle (which sometimes gives a different impression I think). Heritage is quite difficult to find here in Russia by the way. It seems to be replaced by L'Instant, which is absolutely everywhere.

Funny thing is that I've just realised I have quite unusual collection for my age group (23 yrs), in case of Moscow at least.

I can understand what the development of taste means now. For example, I bought Eau Sauvage upon the advice of one nice lady. I used to think it's quite harsh and crappy scent at first, but now I find it really, I'd say, noble and deep!

Kouros is also the scent that isn't liked by everyone I suppose. As far as i see, it's supposed to be quite controversial here at Basenotes. To me, it's a different story since I used to have it when I was 10 or 11 I think and bought it again last year.

Moschino pour Homme also seems to be quite hard to find. I think it's a classt scent that smells something like Antaeus but less smokey.

Have you ever think that many-many great scents aren't appreciated by the masses at all?
    Last edited by deeablow; 3rd January 2007 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deeablow
    Thank you guys!

Concerning the darker scents - aren't Moschnino Pour Homme and Body Kouros both quite dark?

And by the way, I'm out of Heritage and Eau Sauvage already as the were both quite small bottles.

What do you suggest as a substitute to those?
    Body Kouros has never seemed dark to me. Perhaps check Versace Dreamer for something different, which seems "dark" to me.
    Renato

Cool Re: Please rate my collection

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Body Kouros has never seemed dark to me. Perhaps check Versace Dreamer for something different, which seems "dark" to me.
    Renato
    Thanks, I already bought The Dreamer once. And changed it to Escape.

To me, it's a rich scent, and yes, it is dark but in a bad way. Like gloomy, it put me to bad mood or whatever you say that in English

What I was looking for a long time acutally, is some kind of a scent that would make me feel happy and kind of confident, not lacking the class at the same time.

PS: I don't consider Creeds, Artisans and so on since they're too expensive.
    Last edited by deeablow; 3rd January 2007 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deeablow
    Thanks, I already bought The Dreamer once. And changed it to Escape.

To me, it's a rich scent, and yes, it is dark but in a bad way. Like gloomy, it put me to bad mood or whatever you say that in English

What I was looking for a long time acutally, is some kind of a scent that would make me feel happy and kind of confident, not lacking the class at the same time.

PS: I don't consider Creeds, Artisans and so on since they're too expensive.
    A "dark" and happy scent?
    Is there such a thing?
    Renato

Smile Re: Please rate my collection

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    A "dark" and happy scent?
    Is there such a thing?
    Renato
    Renato, I don't know if there's something like that really.
    I'm looking for a happy scent regardless of whether it is light or dark.

Nice example of classy happy scent would be Dune Pour Homme by CD, but on me it lacks sillage and I simply got bored of it at least.

So, it would be nice of you to recommend me something new