Code of Conduct

Smile A Basenoter's promise

Okay, I promise that I won't post anymore "What would (blank) wear?" posts, where (blank) is a celebrity or fictional character. I understand that they can be tiresome to some people. I'm the main source of such posts and that will change. I have many questions of a more serious nature, I'll just post those from now on. Take it easy and I'll see you on the board! =)
    Last edited by yepyep; 3rd January 2007 at 03:44 AM.

Default Re: A Basenoter's promise

Don't worry about what some people think, if you and others enjoy the posts, just keep on doing it. The board needs the fun anyhow...

Why So Serious?

what would superman wear?..........................Cumming

ok that's not funny, that was a miserable attempt at a bad joke. Just teasing!

Anyway, all good, very thoughtful of you to acknowledge this issue, even though it gets repetitive i just dont see any harm in it no matter how boring it is, personally i have nothing against it lol, i thought some were funny, had a few good laughs, so thank you for that.

Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Byerley
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Yeah, no worries. Personally, I find all the new "Hey, I found YSL Rive Gauche PH and Bulgari PH at TJ MAXX!!!" threads are much more irritating. The first time you are congratulatory, the second time you are encouraging, by the seventeenth time it's hard to muster up too many feelings of elation.

And, I don't think we ever came to any resolution on supermarky's "What would Johnny Weir wear?" I think maybe this is because I have no idea who the guy even is, haha.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Quote Originally Posted by chris2005
    Don't worry about what some people think, if you and others enjoy the posts, just keep on doing it. The board needs the fun anyhow...
    Thanks, but they just make some people too mad. =)

I personally liked them. If I ever dressed up as Batman whoever I'd know what to smell like.

Well then, how about
    - "What would (blank) not wear?" posts, where (blank) is a celebrity or fictional character.
    Renato

Talking Re: A Basenoter's promise

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    Well then, how about
    - "What would (blank) not wear?" posts, where (blank) is a celebrity or fictional character.
    Renato
    Ha! Not from me. Nothing to do with celebrities or fictional characters ever again. I just got too much flack from it. Other people can do it if they want, but I wouldn't advise it. Too much snark gets thrown at the posters of such threads.

If people are annoyed by this, they can just ignore it. I think those threads actually have some value (other than just being entertaining which should be enough in itself) as they help pin down peoples perceptions of image and its relationship to scent.

I often dont get involved as I dont know the person involved or just dont feel like it, but why anyone should get upset is beyond me. Things that upset me would be personal issues or insults or thoughtless statements and generalisations, bigotory and the like.

If the threads are unpopular, they will not get positive responses. Until that happens, please carry on.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

It's 'funny' this came up. As soon as I read the title(s), I knew it wasn't a thread for me so I never opened one and never got upset .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

This thread should have been changed from "what would yepyep wear?" to "what will yepyep say?"

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    ...I think those threads actually have some value (other than just being entertaining which should be enough in itself) as they help pin down peoples perceptions of image and its relationship to scent....
    I agree with Hirch. The way I look at it, Basenotes is part scents themselves and part scents in life. Sometimes Basenotes is part fantasy and sometimes its part life.

Sure there are the rules and all that, but really, live and let post.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by rach2jlc
    Yeah, no worries. Personally, I find all the new "Hey, I found YSL Rive Gauche PH and Bulgari PH at TJ MAXX!!!" threads are much more irritating. The first time you are congratulatory, the second time you are encouraging, by the seventeenth time it's hard to muster up too many feelings of elation.

And, I don't think we ever came to any resolution on supermarky's "What would Johnny Weir wear?" I think maybe this is because I have no idea who the guy even is, haha.
    I made the "TJ Maxx Mistake," once and John quickly and soundly thumped me upside the head - ho hard feelings though.

I have been here for about two months now, and I understand that seeing the same old newb threads can get annoying. I still consider myself a newb, but I believe that my posts have been welcomed more often than not.

I actually enjoy the "What would ____ wear?" threads. Most Basenoters seem to be very literate and creative people. I find these threads to be a good outlet for my imagination. They are a fun diversion and I don't find them offensive.

Paul
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsibility
    I made the "TJ Maxx Mistake," once and John quickly and soundly thumped me upside the head - ho hard feelings though.
    Paul

Who, me??? No.... never. I guess it's the teacher in me that likes things organized.

But, I don't mind the TJmaxx threads in general, since they're valuable to those who live near one, but I wish we could have ONE or TWO threads that we could ALL add to over time, rather than starting up new ones. The search function becomes almost useless if there 7500 threads to sort through to find the info. I assume this need for organization is why there is only one thread per person in the sales and swap forums. A few of those things like that in the regular forums could go a long way (IMO).
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho