Code of Conduct

Default Balenciaga Pour Homme (Kouros went to China)

A long time ago (1990) Kouros went to China and had a brief affair with a lady named Balenciaga. Kouros went back home but his son became known as Balenciaga Pour Homme (BPH for short). BPH never knew his father but he shared many of his genetic traits. His patchouli, jasmine,coriander and honey were from his father's genes. Alas BPH's mother was Oriental, so BPH became a hybrid. The urinal cake greatness of his father became sweeter and cleaner. He was highlighted by vanilla and caramel traits lurking in the background. BPH was confused, not knowing whether he was a sweet Oriental or a masculine Greek Kouros monolith. Year's later Balenciaga had another son who was a purebred Oriental named Cristobal. He was inferior to BPH in every aspect. Alas in a fit of jeaolousy Cristobal murdered his older brother. The legacy of BPH is elusive but worth hearing (or smelling). As for Cristobal, he lives on as a fraud to carry on the Balenciaga legacy.
    BPH I hardly knew you, but I miss you.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Why So Serious?

Default Re: Balenciaga Pour Homme (Kouros went to China)

That's the most beautiful thing i've read A! Superb lol! I was lucky to test the BPH (thanks to diddy thrax), it's awesome, not as sweet as i thought, but Kouros is still better.
    However, this time I am the one going to China, not the Kouros.

Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Thrax

HackerX, your very welcome. I hope you dig the decant. A little goes a long way with that stuff. BPH is some amazing, yet very hard to find stuff. I think my bottle will last me quite a while.

Thanks Adeel.

Balenciaga pour Homme's a great one.
    Last edited by pluran; 7th April 2012 at 06:31 AM. Reason: rhizome

Ah thanks. I actually found a couple of bottles of this recently and was just appreciating its beauty.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!

Hmm, I heard a different story. According to what I heard, BPH commited suicide because he couldn't cope with the fact that Cristobal was younger, stronger, more beautiful one. And the fact that his father was that bastard Kouros certanly didn't halped his fragile state of mind. So he did what he did. End of story.

Adeel: Superb story-telling young man!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells
    Ah thanks. I actually found a couple of bottles of this recently and was just appreciating its beauty.
    Well Az, I put in a bid on your Balenciaga, but thanks to the timezone differences I missed out on it: when the auction ended I was fast asleep. Big pity!

You all got it all wrong! ;-) I just smelled it today and heres what the women told me how they created it.....

There was a guy named Slugworth, who got some inside leads into a new fragrance that YSL was producing called Opium EDP, he found a way to infiltrate into their compound and seize a sample to take back to the lab for analyzation...he also snagged a sample of the best selling hit Kouros....when he got back to the Balenciaga fortress...he found to his dismay that both of the fragile glass vials broke inside the little baggie during his escape....the analyzation through the fiberachi numbers formula lead to the development of a new fragrance that Balenciaga would be leading the charge in the battlefield for them..a new weapon of mass seduction...strong, solid and virile, yet energetic, lively and enthusiastic...this new weapon of mass seduction was called Balenci Por Holmes...it sucessfully lead to the winning of many wars for the Balenciaga...

Until one day the animal rights activists said there should not be any more fighting and boldness and we should all love each other and wear peace symbols and tie dye.....the result of this lack of conflict and war degenerated old Balenciaga until she was decomissioned and got stored in the files for the apocalypse.....the new peaceful style of conflict resolution that the Balenciaga Fortress were forced into by the masses came as a result of these peacemakers...and as a result of a industry wide decision made by the U.P (United Perfumers)...these peacemakers were weak, uninspiring, and had no charisma.....these peace makers names were Cole Waters, Polo de Bleu, and Agva mi Drio....they held the U.P. house majority Vote for almost a decade keeping peace but at the same time leaving the Charismatic, Virile and Bold Leaders stolid, bored and overgrown with weeds from underuse.....

Until the day when a New Hope thundered across the U.P. this new bold, brash and sweet leader ushered in a new era of Leaders his name was Angelo Menos.....the weaklings Polo De Bleu , Cole Waters, and Agva mi Drio were then excommunicated from the U.P. and no longer allowed...though till this day they still have a small band of followers who hide with them in the mountains and praise their somewhat "Vanilla" accomplishments in the world......They stay there in hopeful anticipation of the coming of a new age and the ending of the war...but none will come to quench their hopes...

OK LOL I'll stop there or I will have to get publishers rights ;-)

Balenciaga Pour Homme was a scent I loved it was unique and not ment to be sold to the masses like it was. Its too complex for some jug heads to understand it oriental riddle.

If their was a formula I could buy the rights to it would be this scent. Yes I would have it recreated just for me and me only.

I miss you BPH - I truly do.

Nice story AZ! Well done.

This is one of the most beautiful fragrances I've ever smelled. I just got to try this (thanks again Robyogi) and it's so frustrating that it's discontinued!

Great story btw. I just wish it had a happy ending : (
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Fantastic, I came across this as I have, just this evening, put original Kouros on one wrist, and Balenciaga Pour Homme on the other. They are the same, but different! Kouros smells 'cutting edge', unique, and slightly disturbing. Balenciaga as a superbly crafted dense creaminess that may never be overshadowed. I think there is one new fragrance that may have the greatness of these two - Thierry Mugler Amen Le Gout du Parfum. Unfortunately, as a flanker it may be overlooked. I wish they'd seen fit to give it a stronger identity, one of its own.

Although I like both Kouros and Balenciaga Pour Homme. I smell no resemblance.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Although I like both Kouros and Balenciaga Pour Homme. I smell no resemblance.
    I don't see much resemblance either. BPH was a signature scent of mine in college. I owe it to BPH for recently getting me into the fragrance world. A few months ago I pulled out an old bottle I had been saving since I knew it was impossible to find. After wearing it again I had to see if I could find more. That lead me to Basenotes and a sale thread a fellow BNer told me about. Picked up 3 bottles.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Wow this is an old thread. I forget I even wrote that. I still own both of them though I wear them less frequently. I don't think they smell the same, just a faint resemblance. Both are quality fragrances.

Cool thread, good call on this necromancy. I'd like to try Balenciaga as well as the legendary Portos, I bet they'd both be right up my alley.

It seems that it has been re-released: Sears(?) among others on the internet have the 1 oz. sizes. I saw six in the Festival in Pompano Beach today.
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...32-157797236-2

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi View Post
    It seems that it has been re-released: Sears(?) among others on the internet have the 1 oz. sizes. I saw six in the Festival in Pompano Beach today.
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...32-157797236-2
    Wow interesting. I forgot I even started this thread 5 years ago. Also interesting but why would they bring it back? It never seemed that popular. Also why only in 1 oz? Have you seen it onling anywhere else or just Sears? Even the link you gave says "Sold and shipped by deal Krunch Also sold by 2 other sellers starting from $40.37 ". The other 2 are from retailers I never heard of.

What about Kouros' chain smoking younger cousin, Joint for Men? LOL.

Where is Coca Cola Corporation and its emblematic softdrink in all these stories? There is something missing. Sorry guys... maybe Balenciaga had too much Coca Cola during her pregnancy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Where is Coca Cola Corporation and its emblematic softdrink in all these stories? There is something missing. Sorry guys... maybe Balenciaga had too much Coca Cola during her pregnancy?
    I always got the cola vibe, too. I think I will wear my vintage bottle as my SOTD.

Dependent

Wow, I can't believe it's coming back! Nor could I imagine one needing more than an ounce -- two sprays is enough for a loooooong night. This is a strange and interesting composition -- normally I dislike red fruits and incense, but somehow the honey and patchouli bring them together into something much greater than the parts. Great for winter.

In spite of the resemblance to Kouros, a scent I am not that keen on, I would still like to try this one.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    In spite of the resemblance to Kouros, a scent I am not that keen on, I would still like to try this one.
    Ah yes, forgot to mention that I don't get much similarity though they have incense and honey in common. Kouros' florals are way sweeter and the civet is even more animalic than Balenciaga pH. I don't like Kouros and do like BpH.

I am now wondering if Balenciaga is testing the waters by bringing it back in a 1 ounce size. Most online sources that I use have been out-of-stock for years. Now all of a sudden I am seeing a 1 ounce size for sale. Did someone find an old warehouse stash somewhere? Curious if it is new juice and how it will compare to the vintage which is wonderful. I saw a pic on a website and the "marble" top did not have the gold accents on the side in the 1 ounce size. Maybe it never had. Did they ever produce a 1 ounce size before? Does anyone know?

More like B and K are in the same-ish family rather than smelling much alike. I've not smelled anything like B actually. 1 ounce bottles were around - I've got some myself. Seems some old stock has popped up rather than a re-issue. I'd be surprised if they would bring it back in that sort of old fashioned bottle and packaging.

Anyway, grab some while you can

Cola and berries though? What the?

Perhaps slightly off topic but I was wearing Boss no.1 yesterday and for the first time was struck by a resemblance to Kouros, not as complex or long lasting unfortunately and certainly not as great but for me there is a strong link.
    sorry can't comment on Balenciaga.

Me too!!! Fortunately now we can find it!!!
    ARRIVEDERCI !