Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Time to start stockpiling the No. 19

just called the Chanel Boutique at South Coast Plaza. The SA said they have 2 bottles of No. 19 edt but they don't have any No. 19 parfum or edp. The SA said that some of the "old" fragrances are being "reissued" soon, but she didn't know if No. 19 was one of the reissues. (I told her it's not.)

So I called the Chanel Boutique in Beverly Hills, and they have only the edt. The SA corrected my pronunciation of "parfum" (she emphasized the "perr-FUME") and then put me on hold for about 4 minutes. She came back to inform me that there were only a couple of bottles of No. 19 edt left in stock, and that after they sell those, they will no longer carry No. 19.

I'm not calling Paris to find out if they're completely stopping the manufacture of No. 19, but I'm guessing this is the case.

Default Re: Time to start stockpiling the No. 19

Bummer!

There was another post about No. 19 becoming difficult to find...what a shame they're discontinuing it!

Thanks for doing the research.
    ~*Christy*~

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to Chanel U.S customer relations, and the representative said No. 19 and No. 22 are currently available products in the U.S. in EDT form, and she has not been told anything to the contrary by the company.
    She said that Chanel has no control over direct inventory in each boutique; therefore, the supply of a particular fragrance is determined by demand for it. If one city stops carrying it, it can be found somewhere else. You can call Chanel U.S. at 800-550-0005 and they will track down a bottle for you.
    I also have left a phone message with Chanel International to confirm that position. I will post when I receive an answer. (They have been slow to answer my previous e-mails, so don't expect a quick posting.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7
    Chanel has no control over direct inventory in each boutique; therefore, the supply of a particular fragrance is determined by demand for it. If one city stops carrying it, it can be found somewhere else. You can call Chanel U.S. at 800-550-0005 and they will track down a bottle for you.
    Makes sense.

But it's creepy that a Chanel Boutique in Los Angeles, with its population of 10,000,000+ wouldn't have enough demand for No. 19 to continue to sell it.

I'd heard the EdP and parfum had been discontinued in the US for a while, but they were fairly readily available in France this past spring, so perhaps all hope is not lost! I think gloss.com usually carries the EdT. How weird that the Beverly Hills store won't be carrying it. Does it really cause that much inconvenience to keep a few bottles on hand, just for the completeness of it? It looks luxurious to have a full collection, in my opinion. A heavily edited collection can only look scanty to us perfume lovers, I guess...

Post Thanks / Like

What scares me is that people are so ignorant that they will never encounter it if some manager quits stocking it.

Post Thanks / Like

I received a fast reply from Chanel International. The body of the text is as follows:

We received your message and thank you for it. For your information
    CHANEL
    No 19 and CHANEL No 22 will not be discontinued as you heard.

Thank you for choosing CHANEL.

Warm regards,

Marie-Claude Péloquin
    Sponsorship & Customer Service Coordinator
    Public Relations & Fashion Promotion
    CHANEL
    55, boul. Marie-Victorin, Candiac, J5R 1B6
    Phone: (450) 659-1981 X 305
    Fax: (450) 659-0032
    Email: marie-claude.peloquin
    @chanel-corp.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7
    I received a fast reply from Chanel International. The body of the text is as follows:

We received your message and thank you for it. For your information
    CHANEL
    No 19 and CHANEL No 22 will not be discontinued as you heard.

Thank you for choosing CHANEL.

Warm regards,
    YAY!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

She didn't happen to mention whether it would continue to be available internationally, though Please keep this thread going if any other info turns up!