Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Sunday 4th January 2015

Creed Vintage Tabarome
    untitled-2_1_7.jpg

Default Re: SOTD Sunday 4th January 2015

Only For Him by Hayari Pafums

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Cuir Tabac by David Jourquin
    Last edited by sjg3839; 4th January 2015 at 04:37 AM.

No SOTD for me today! I forgot to spray myself this morning before heading out.. Quite disappointed at myself, i was planning to wear chanel no5 eau premiere

Hope everyone else is beautifully scented! Have a good Sunday

Basenotes Plus

Not yet Sunday here but I know I am going to wear Stella edp.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

hello all,

scent twin with hednic

Hello all. Prada Amber as its now called.
    DONNA

Hello all,

I decided to keep some stats this year on what I'm wearing just out of interest and it will be that little extra motivation to post more regularly. Today was Eau Captivante and this evening I'm in weird metallic green floral of Envy.

Enjoy your Sunday gang.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Basenotes Plus

Good morning. Wearing Bois 1920 Relativamente Rosso.

Have a great Sunday

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. FrouFrou, I completely agree with your whine from yesterday - totally unacceptable behaviour. If I made specific plans that went belly up due to other people's inconsiderate attitude it would irritate the hell out of me too. Not on at all .

With you on special diets too, Betsy. I have no issue if someone has an allergy (fair enough) but if they are nothing more than a picky fusspot they can like it or lump it

Auntie K delighted to read about your Parfum Du 68. It was one of my favourite purchases of 2014 and more than made up for the disappointment of their Santal Royal (a misnomer if ever there was one).

Les Liquides Imaginaires - Sancti.

One of three delightful purchases to start 2015 in fine style. Fizzy citrus and clean incense - bright and uplifting for this grey morning. I don't have too many incense focused scents and this sits very nicely alongside Avignon and Josef Statkus in the wardrobe.

Xscent, also happy to see ComDiva in Knightsbridge

Goodmorning everyone After anout 12 hours of sleep I'm now ready for another day of work. I still feel poorly, but at least I can still ( vaguely) smell and taste. I needed something pretty and fresh ( that I can smell ) so Sotd is Sa majeste la rose. Have a great day all

My eldest daughter returned to Germany today.

I drove her to the airport wearing

Interlude - Amouage

Now I have to do some work, which I took home and I postpone doing for days...

Have a nice Sunday, all!

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Frou Frou, that is just rude and wrong. And I will allow for food allergies and offer an option for vegetarian or religious reasons but that's it.

SOTD is Caron Bellodgia. Wish you all a lovely Sunday.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Henri Bendel ~ Incense & Musk

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Sunday 4th January 2015

UOMO
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! Very cold this morning, it's 27 degrees below zero with a 43 degrees below zero wind chill. Glad I don't have to go outside today.

Wearing Coco Mademoiselle this morning.

Have a great Sunday!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 4th January 2015 at 03:27 PM.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Geir Ness Geir today
    There are three kinds of people in this world: those who understand math and those who don't (four out of three people surveyed agree with this).

I am in Encre Noire, Lalique this morning. Delicious!

Coming across a lot of ''Encre Noire'' drawings while clearing out my boxes! This is me and some friends on pony camp in the Netherlands

DSCF7271.jpg
    www.aafke-art.com

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Basenotes Plus

SotE
    Aramis Perfume Calligraphy

Have a great evening.

Annick Goutal Les Nuits d'Hadrien edt.

Happy Sunday! I am luxuriating in Santa Maria Novella Patchouli today and burning a Valencia Orange candle.

Kiliwia, did you make that photo of coco mademoiselle? It's beautiful
    www.aafke-art.com

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Welcome Wandering!
    LOL at yesterdays dinner party manner rants! And I totally agree with all the sentiments. I don't host too many large or formal dinner parties (might try to work on that this year as I have been enjoying the Food Channel a lot lately), but if invited as a guest I offer to bring something (fully expecting to be told to bring only myself), then bring a hostess gift of a bottle of wine or flowers, to be used or tucked away to enjoy later at the hostess/host's choice. I can't believe all the horror stories that I heard yesterday!!!

I'm going to try some tennis early in the afternoon once it warms up a bit, so I applied L'Occitan Immortelle de Corse, which is warm maple syrup with honeyed hay on me, and a small dollop of iris. Notes say rose also, but I have never picked that out, which is fine with me. This one verges on gourmand, but is not too cloying or sweet to me, and I enjoy it in cooler/cold weather.

Have a great day, everyone!

thank you for the welcome Cello!

Les Nuits has a really complex outdoorsey but summer smell that is invisible on paper so I'm glad to finally be using my sample.

As for dinner parties, last night we had a guest who was nothing but a downer...honestly...I completely sympathize with the plight of the environment but this guy had very few social skills and he was much older than me.

Basenotes Plus

Some people have no manners; I am sorry to hear the stories of rude or insensitive guests. As I am not great at throwing parties, I tend to meet friends at restaurants where they can order what they like and if they don't show, I can still enjoy myself without them.

SOTD is Aroma M Geisha Noire.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

Wandering, welcome to Basenotes.

And Jon and Foxbins, I am so happy that I am not the only one who's suffering. I can be amused about the whole thing now.

It would never enter my mind to bring food to a dinner? Only when it's a ''Pot-luck'' and you know you are supposed to bring something. I bring flowers usually. Or sometimes art.
    Last edited by FrouFrou; 4th January 2015 at 05:01 PM.
    www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Basenotes Plus

Welcome aboard, Wandering

SotE - Gorilla Perfume Smugglers Soul.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 4th January 2015 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Welcome to basenotes, Wandering!

l am shaking my head in disbelief at all the dinner party stories. l think foxbins has the right idea!

Jon, you smell fabulous, dahling!

We've been out to the pub for lunch today, & l've been doing some preparation for starting my part-time degree in Clinical Studies; the first study day is this Wednesday. l'm a little apprehensive about finding the time to do this while working full time, but l still have twenty years to work before l can retire, & a degree is pretty much essential nowadays if l want to move any further up the nursing ladder. l intend to keep up my presence here, but forgive me if l'm a little distracted at times over the next few years, & wish me luck!

SOTD is Alien Liqueur de Parfum.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Good luck with your nursing studies, teardrop!!! I'm a nurse too BTW! I know you will do just fine once you get in the swing of it.

Blog Entries

Thank you, cello!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    Kiliwia, did you make that photo of coco mademoiselle? It's beautiful
    No, I can't take credit for the picture, it's from a website called La Chanelphile, that deals with all things Chanel. I agree with you it's a beautiful picture.

Welcome to Basenotes, Wandering!!

Wearing Ambre Narguile for the afternoon.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 5th January 2015 at 02:36 AM.

Welcome back, foxbins and Trilby Lark. It's so nice to see you both again. Trilby, did you find that warming fragrance you were looking for?

Good luck teardrop! You'll do great Even if you're distracted from BN (and believe me, I understand how *that* goes), just know we're all rooting for you.

Awww, thanks, (((Xscent))) And, yes, you do love yourself some aldehydes. There are only a few fragrances using them that I can wear and really if they're only used for a light sparkle. Also good to know about the aniseed in La Myrrhe; there's another good reason for me not to revisit it. Ever since I had the stomach flu as a teen and took original Ny-Quil (the green, black-licorice flavored stuff), I haven't been able to manage anise in any form. Although I enjoy Kerosene Black Vines on David quite a bit. I like myrrh that veers into the rootbeer/cola territory.

Today is the last day of family festivities as David's step-mom and sister return to SoCal tomorrow. There's snow on the ground, it's 5 degrees (-12F windchill), and his sister and I are going for pedicures. Naturally. Cross your fingers that we don't lose our toes to frost-bite on the way back to the car!

I can tell I'm already itching for spring -- even though winter only officially started a couple of weeks ago. I'm reaching for citruses and florals more. Today I'm wearing CdG Rhubarb. And long underwear.

SOTE: L'Esprit Divin by Paul Emilien

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Mona di Orio Violette Fumee

SotE is Tweed, Lentheric, from a very old bottle. I still have a remnant of Encre Noire lingering on my wrists and it's brightening up the Tweed.

www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Welcome back, foxbins and Trilby Lark. It's so nice to see you both again. Trilby, did you find that warming fragrance you were looking for?
    People made many interesting suggestions and I plan to research them all. I looked to my wardrobe and stayed warm with the following scents:

Original Santal
    Diorella
    L'Air du Desert Marocain (sample)
    Oyedo
    Timbuktu (sample)
    Oppoponax (sample)
    Back to Black
    Marni
    SMV Patchouli

Thanks for your suggestions and thanks for asking!

Basenotes Institution

Missed posting yesterday but I thoroughly enjoyed the "Dinner Party Rants" that FrouFrou initiated. I must agree with your husband, this sort of behavior is very popular here in the US, but of course it doesn't make it right. Nonetheless, I wouldn't stop making formal dinner parties, if you enjoy having them - just make them with less expectations and do your best. Oh and Frou Frou I love your drawing!
    Xscent - I think that's a great idea to track all of your scents worn this year
    Wandring - welcome to BN!
    Jon Rodgers - what's Smugglers Soul like?
    easyfish - I love Trophee! That scent needs more hype
    Extreme K - OMG 5 degrees F, is freezing! It's been abnormally warm here, I have had the A/C on all day, phew!

Yesterday I had an awesome day (gym, massage & a Beatles tribute concert at night with my Aunt), I wore Kinski (the last of my sample).

I spent the night and the rest of this afternoon at this guys house - having brunch, doing some tech work on his PC and he gave me some small things for my apartment that he was getting rid of (a beautiful brone engraving I hung in a small wall in my kitchen, an old vintage glass hurricane lamp, a small footed bowl, a small porcelain finger bowl shaped like a lotus leaf & these really nice clear glass etched dessert plates) - so sweet. Oh and I made him a sample of Jubilation XXV by Amouage and he loved it and wore some last night. Today I spent the day wearing:

Bel Ami Vetiver by Hermes

I guess I probably should have worn this on Friday for the Sync since this one is definitely my 2014 Discovery. I love it!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 5th January 2015 at 02:33 AM.
    "Human interaction can be hell. Or it can be a great spiritual practice."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Worth pour Homme tonight
    There are three kinds of people in this world: those who understand math and those who don't (four out of three people surveyed agree with this).

Blog Entries

SotE - Sultan by Al-Rehab (roll-on)