Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Allure - Cacharel Lou Lou - La Perla La Perla - Boucheron - Boucheron: Any similarities?

I am getting into a nostalgic feeling about Allure. At the same time I inted to buy a new fragrance, and I am not decided: while I love Boucheron, it does not seem an everyday frag. On the onthe rhand I heard some great reviews on La Perla, but I cannot smell it, and I am rather apprehensive as to unsniffed purchases (since I did that with Caron - Pafrum Sacre). Can anyone point out similarities between thse scents to others so that I can make a good decision? I mention that I love Chanel Coco - Coco MAdmoiselle - Allure, Rochas Absolu, Guerlain Shalimar and Mitsouko, Moschino Couture, Givenchy Organza.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Chanel Allure - Cacharel Lou Lou - La Perla La Perla - Boucheron - Boucheron: Any similarities?

Hi there, notmenoeb!

It sounds like you prefer floral-orientals - except for Mitsouko, which is a chypre, everything you list has a strong floral component and an oriental base, and Allure has loads of vanilla. La Perla is also a chypre, so it's much more mossy, dry and green compared to the others you mention. It's absolutely gorgeous - it's one of my very favorites - but it doesn't share many similarities with Allure, LouLou or Boucheron.

I'd recommend you try other florientals and vanillas, maybe something gourmandy like Dior's Hypnotic Poison, or Addict. Lolita Lempicka and L de Lolita Lempicka are others you might look into. My personal favorite floriental is L'Instant de Guerlain, but it can be polarizing so samples are really the best way to go. Oh, I've always found 24 Faubourg by Hermès quite similar to Organza and Boucheron. Thierry Mugler's Angel and Alien are very good - have you tried them? Coco Mademoiselle is a fruity floral, so you might also like Calvin Klein's Euphoria or Badgley Mischka. Now Absolu (I love this one, too!) is more woody and soft...they're not exactly alike, but Roberto Cavalli's Oro has that same warm, woody coziness. And try Love, Chloe and Prada Candy while you're at it - they're a bit new and worth a sniff if you like them soft, sweet and nuzzly.

There are lots more of course, but that's a start. Good luck, and welcome to basenotes!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Chanel Allure - Cacharel Lou Lou - La Perla La Perla - Boucheron - Boucheron: Any similarities?

I can't add anything to what Evangeline has said (she is amazing!!), but just wanted to say "welcome".

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, lilybelle (hugs to you!) - I thought for sure you were going to add Samsara since I neglected to mention it.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, I'm slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's still sorta early.

Oh, also notmenoeb, I haven't tried any of them so I can't necessarily recommend them, but Shalimar has several newer variations you should check out ...and if you like the spiciness of Coco, you should also look into Opium and its new spin-off Belle d'Opium.

I'be got my eye on a bottle of Boucheron based on the good reviews and the fact that its been discontinued. I love orientals, and loud bombastic fragrances - shalimar; hypnotic poison; yvresse; lolita lempicka. What would you compare boucheron to ladies?

I am intending to buy Boucheron. But I was expecting to receive some guidance as to the possible similarities between these scents and others (for instance Coco is similar to Boucheron, only a lot spicier kind of). In the local stores here I can not sample Lou Lou, Baiser du Dragon, La Perla, or Magie Noire (Lancome) which are on my to-buy list. I had Allure, (still have) No. 5 and Mademoiselle, Parfum Sacre, Absolu, Hypnose, opium, Code, Couture and I Love Love (Moschino), Omnia, and others. I like Alien, but not enough to buy it, the same goes for all Lolita Lempicka's, Instant, Addict, Amarige, or Euphoria. I do not like (as I think I could not wear) Chloe, or the latest releases like Opium, Belle d'Opium, Candy (far less probable), Lady Million, Womanity, or others.
    The point was to see if there are any similarities between these and other scents I might be able to sample locally so that I can make an approximately olfactory accurate purchase.

Thank you, everyone, for all suggestions. Hugs.

@ winterlove

I would say Boucheron is a big, smooth floriental without the dark spiciness of Coco.
    Last edited by notmenoeb; 4th February 2012 at 06:00 PM.

I have Lou Lou. It's quite unlike any other oriental I have. It's an incensy white floral oriental. What Turin describes as a 'raspy' note is what I would describe a sherberty powder. The powder in this is sweet and tart. Lou Lou is widely available to sample in Australia. I got a 30ml bottle for 30 aud. If I can compare it to anything it would be Vanderbilt by Gloria Vanderbilt, this one is powdery - the effect smells like baby powder dusted with icing sugar. Yum!

Post Thanks / Like

I think L'Instant Guerlain is powder as Chanel Allure, but Allure is very sweet for me.
    This world and our possibilities is infinite...