Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Church incense lover, some designer fragance easy to find?

I m a crazy fan of catholic church incense.
    Some days ago I post about CDG, I know about Avignon and Incense series....but I need to know some fragance easy to find, not super difficult like CDG. Please recommend some easy to find, I love incense.

Thankssssss

Default Re: Church incense lover, some designer fragance easy to find?

Try Azzaro Visit or Gucci PH. Easy to find and cheap, like a good woman!
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Nemo (Cacharel)

Thrax

Monk by Storer! Easily available on ebay for about $24. A cologne made by one of our fellow basenoters!!!!!

Passage d'Enfer from L'Artisan.

Messe Minuit by etro...smells like church
    bois d' encens Armani prive church again
    Cardinal Heely

Someone already said it, but just to emphasize... Gucci Pour Homme is what you're looking for.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Passage d'Enfer: the incense in a church at Easter, warm.
    Messe de Minuit: the incense you could smell lingering in an empty church, cold.

Both beautiful but different in the feeling they evoke.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Gucci Pour Homme is more cedary/woody than incensy - I dont think it would satisfy your incense craving.
    -

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Gucci Pour Homme is more cedary/woody than incensy - I dont think it would satisfy your incense craving.
    Maybe if it was a church made from cedar logs and didnt use incense but just the all natural smell of its surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    Monk by one of our fellow basenoters!!!!!
    AKA
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    AKA
    Mike Storer. I think his nickname is mastorer

gucci ph no... it's wood, as in plywood! nice smell but not incense.

is that kamali one people talk about easier to get than cdg? Have never smelled it but they say it's heavy duty on the incense.

etro and artisan are not going to be any easier to get than cdg (pay attention to what the poster is asking for, kids!)

Try looking for some frankinesce oil from some hippie-dippie head shop/natural foods emporium to get the actual churchy note in a rich form that should make you pretty happy I would think.

oops I mean marco from chile not carlos, check out this thread!

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...155#post956155

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky

etro and artisan are not going to be any easier to get than cdg (pay attention to what the poster is asking for, kids!)
    Etro's Messe de Minuit and L'Artisan's Passage d'Enfer can be easy bought here, only the Incense series from CdG is completely unavailable in the shops (as far as I know) in the Netherlands.
    Of course I have no idea if it is also easy to get for the poster.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I find Gucci Pour Homme to be loaded with incense. Give it a try. I live in a city with churches on every corner and all of them burning something that smells suspiciously like Gucci PH.

However, I love Heeley's Cardinal. Pure incense (like Avignon but less gothic).

I detect incense in Tam Dao, but it is more Buddhist Temple than Catholic Church. Diptyque has a limited number of online sources here in the U.S. I'm not sure about Chile though.

I also get a lot of incense from Gucci Envy, but only for a while (top-/mid- notes?)

Good luck in your search.

Paul
    “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”

~ Robert Brault

I have the Norma Kamali "Incense" and this one takes the cake. I layer it with her perfume annd it works very well together. This incense reminds me being inside a Roman Catholic church during high mass when they burn tons and tons of incense.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Incensi - Lorenzo Villoresi

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_love
    Incensi - Lorenzo Villoresi
    Yes, very nice, I wore it to church Good Friday of last year--but I had to order it online, and it wasn't cheap!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Gucci Rush has a stong incense note in it, which always reminds me of church, whereas Gucci Pour Homme reminds me more of a sawmill.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    I have the Norma Kamali "Incense" and this one takes the cake. I layer it with her perfume annd it works very well together. This incense reminds me being inside a Roman Catholic church during high mass when they burn tons and tons of incense.
    I've never come across a "high mass where they burn tons of incense". Could you please explain what occasion this relates to?

Incense down here is mainly burned at funerals.
    Renato

I m catholic armenian living in Chile.
    Chile is very catholic country, I m also.
    Here, in every important mass....they use incense, not only funerals.....in a lot of ceremonies in catholic churchs.
    Wow....for me incense is magic,something high,elegant,pure,faith synonim....thats why I love it....
    I m sad because not too much designers use it in a 100% version,like CDG or others.MOst of the names in this post are very difficult to find,VERY, I wanted something famous.....but I wrotte the Gucci in my list.
    Thanks for post!

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I've never come across a "high mass where they burn tons of incense". Could you please explain what occasion this relates to?

Incense down here is mainly burned at funerals.
    Renato
    In a regular Catholic mass, one candle is burned on each side of the altar ( right and left side ). There are three candles on each side. During a high mass, all the candles are burned during the celebration. Usually, Midnight mass @ Christmas is "High Mass", or other important dates. There are also usually more than one priest celebrating the mass during a high mass.. INcense plays a very important role during High Mass as the priest walks around the altar with the incense at least three times. The priest also walks in the church's aisle with an incense. It's a ritual.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

I dont use "mass" fragrances so I dont know what people are talking about here
    -

Here in Mexico, they burn incense every time they have communion. So, frankincense is wafting through town several times a day! I just visited the cathedral a couple of hours ago and my guest was choking on the clouds of incense smoke...but I love it!

Did anyone mention Heeley's Cardinal? Did I already mention it? It's fantastic. I also love Avignon and I think I am going to order another bottle. I gave away my first bottle and wish that I hadn't.

Talking Re: Church incense lover, some designer fragance easy to find?

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I dont use "mass" fragrances so I dont know what people are talking about here

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    In a regular Catholic mass, one candle is burned on each side of the altar ( right and left side ). There are three candles on each side. During a high mass, all the candles are burned during the celebration. Usually, Midnight mass @ Christmas is "High Mass", or other important dates. There are also usually more than one priest celebrating the mass during a high mass.. INcense plays a very important role during High Mass as the priest walks around the altar with the incense at least three times. The priest also walks in the church's aisle with an incense. It's a ritual.
    Thanks, looks like I'll have to attend a midnight mass one of these days.
    Renato

Shocked to see Gucci ph being denied it's churchy incense status. For me this brought back memories of attending catholic masses. But yeah, the wood benches of that church are also in Gucci ph

I'd say Gucci ph is the best bet (remember, it's supposed to be an easy to find designer scent).

Hi Marco there is nothing in my opinion that comes as close to cdg's Avignon for authentic church incense well european church incense anyway except maybe etro's messe di minuit and that's probably easier to obtain than Avignon though not by much .
    Norma kamali's incense is not easy to come by and in my opinion as i once owned and swapped it away is that it is copal with big boots on,i've said it before this one is the one to use if you want to go off into a hut somewhere and find your spirit animal well made strong as the rivalry between Newport and Cardiff but not for me and very expensive to boot.