Code of Conduct

Default TGIF!!! SotD Friday 5 January

The first Friday of 2007, Comme des Garçons EdP for me again!

Have a fabulous Friday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: TGIF!!! SotD Friday 5 January

Warming up for our Sniff-n-Speak day.

After an hot shower I am walking in a cloud of Ambre et Vanille Bodycream from E. Coudray.

And believe me, you don't need any perfume after this cream. The scent will linger till the evening. Sillage only matched by Lauder's Youth Dew cream.
    Awesome
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

today, I decided to try one of the samples I received from Floris...Malmaison. All I could smell for 2.5hours was cloves - then all of a sudden, it died down to nothing. Not very impressed, though I will try it again sometime in the future before I rate it.
    hope Friday's great for all of you!!

had a lightbulb moment today as i sprayed some Bvlagari Voile de Jasmin it smells like scented Kleenex!

anyway im glad im wearing dior eau de dolce vita. my favorite floral fruity scent.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Acca Kappa - Cedro
    Wishlist is pointless.

Chergui again
    Allergy today, stayed home.

It's the first time that I wear Keiko Mecheiri's Myrrh et Merveilles. When I sprayed it on, it smelled awfully sweet, like Bubble Gum.

But now it's okay, I'm not a living piece of chewing gum anymore.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Today I'm wearing Angel.

Fumerie Turque (SL)

I am beginning to test my Sonoma Scents samples (thanks Tovah!)
    Starting with Lieu de Reves (Place of Dreams).
    This one has a pronounced orris top note with a hint of violet. It dries down to a woodsy (cedar/sandalwood) earthy, musky base.
    I like my perfumes dry and this is certainly on the dry side - nothing fruity
    or particularly floral about it. Good for days when you need to concentrate
    without any distractions. Rather a strange name for a non-distracting scent!

Started the day with Annick Goutal's Hadrien Absolu
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Rochas Alchemie. Have a nice day and thanks to you all for wishing us a happy anniversary yesterday.

He grabbed a handful of my hair firmly in his strong manly hands and pulled my head back, exposing my neck.
    "So, you've been seeing Frederic, have you? Sampling? Savoring? Experimenting? Lost in BLIIIIISSSSSS?
    What about US?
    What about what WE had?"
    Serge locked his eyes with mine, looking deeply into my soul. He reached up and stroked my cheek in that tender way of his, eyes smoldering, promising, oh, oh , OH -!
    Weakly , my hand reached for the near empty vial of GRIS CLAIR, knocking aside the vials of Carnal Flower and Musc Ravageur, that lay willy nilly on my dresser from the night before.
    Instantly, I was surrounded in a seductive cloud of lavender, swept off my feet, once again.

Have a good day. I know I will.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Frederic Malle - Carnal Flower

LOL at rtamara41's musings! You go girl!

Unhappy Re: TGIF!!! SotD Friday 5 January

J'Adore Because maybe it will rid me of this wretched cold and turn me into Charlize Theron!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

L'Artisan's Poivre Piquant for me today. Have a great one, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41
    He grabbed a handful of my hair firmly in his strong manly hands and pulled my head back, exposing my neck.
    "So, you've been seeing Frederic, have you? Sampling? Savoring? Experimenting? Lost in BLIIIIISSSSSS?
    What about US?
    What about what WE had?"
    Serge locked his eyes with mine, looking deeply into my soul. He reached up and stroked my cheek in that tender way of his, eyes smoldering, promising, oh, oh , OH -!
    Weakly , my hand reached for the near empty vial of GRIS CLAIR, knocking aside the vials of Carnal Flower and Musc Ravageur, that lay willy nilly on my dresser from the night before.
    Instantly, I was surrounded in a seductive cloud of lavender, swept off my feet, once again.

Please, please Rtamara, will you join our upcoming Lutens week? And post this again? This kind of literature should be forbidden I felt my knees go weak. Could have been from laughing, of course
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Les Parfums de Rosine, Une Folie de Rose. The most agreeable marriabe of rose and patchouli I have found, and I do like them all.

I´m wearing Absolu by Rochas today (but keep thinking of Frédéric, thanks to rtamara´s story )

Best wishes to the Twolf couple!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

What about US?
    What about what WE had?"
    HaHaHa, very talented novelist, rtamara.
    Frederic is not accessible here, so I am still still tied with Serge.

Changed into the warm and lovely Cuir Mauresque
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Polo Black
    Gary

What about US?
    What about what WE had?"

LOL nicely done and awesome visual! Quite a bodice ripper mini there (heheh novelistic analog for our mini perfume bottles)

Theirry Mugler's Alien today again. Now that the BF gifted me with Vera Wang's Princess for Christmas, I am feeling like these two are rather similar (they're both purple too). Have to double check but anyone else think so?
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Opium edt, and I must say I wear it well

Caron's marvelous Montaigne for me today

Oh, I just love that post rtamara41! Thank you for the giggles and for steaming up my 'virtual glasses' .

My SotD (and might I add - nothing as intriguing as the Malles and Lutens’ rtamara41 is having fun with today ), is Burberry Brit edp. ( I find edp and edt very different, edp has more pronounced sugared almond notes, while edt is more green almond all they way through).

Top notes: Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond
    Middle Notes: White Peony, Sugared Almonds
    Base Notes: Mahogany Wood, Amber, Vanilla Beans

Still in the spirit of wearing the "same" scent; DH is wearing Burberry Brit for Men today.

Top notes: Green Mandarin, Ginger, Bergamot, Cardamom
    Middle notes: Nutmeg, Cedar, Wild Rose
    Base notes: Oriental Woods, Gray Musk, Tonka Bean
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Prada again. This time without the body milk. I find that the warmer, dryer notes are more pronounced without the body milk. The body milk retains more the opening citrusy notes, and I think that adds to the "bug repellent" effect that DH2B gets from this. I love it eiter way, though!

Bvlgari, Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge...

This was my first Basenotes find... I tested it at the store, wasn't impressed one way or the other, went to a movie, couldn't stop sniffing my wrist for 2 hours, went right back to the store and bought it. That was my very first can't-stop-sniffing-my-wrist experience, and it was wonderful.

Rosa Magnifica

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

:wave: Hi, everybody. See you tomorrow for the Oriental Sniff n Speak.

Shot myself with a sample of Guerlain L'Instant. Not bad, but not me.

GOT A GIGANTIC BONUS from one of my clients yesterday. May loosen my purse strings a little
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Farnesiana parfum

Hanae Mori and Halston. I know, I know, but I thought well, Hanae, I love it, but it's a little sweet and Halston is awfully dry so I thought I'd try the two together. I have surprisingly gotten a compliment already. GEEEEEEZ! Please be kind.

Oh boy, I'm so in love with my evening scent, keep sniffing and sniffing. :bounce:

Dior pour Homme smells like entering a shop for new clothes. And yes, I love the smell of new clothes.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing SL Ambre Sultan today.

It's funny how you can like a scent, even love a scent, but you wear it one time and something REALLY special happens and it takes it to a new level ... that happened to me with Ambre Sultan.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Wearing Hiris today, and still haven't made my mind up about what oriental to pick for tomorrow. I am not sure what aproach to choose; "explore" or "celebrate"....perhaps "maximize". We'll see. What I do know is that I will have to make the choice too early in the morning after too little sleep.

Iris Nobile again. It gets better and better every day

Moi, L'heure bleu encore.

Gads, I think I am addicted, I love this stuff. I've put on more already. In fact I just bought more: the EDP from another basenoter. I can't wait until it gets here to see how different it is from EDT.

black cashmere for me today. trying to decide what to wear for oriental day. maybe youth dew? youth dew amber nude? (i HATE that name. reminds me of panty-hose.)
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Quote Originally Posted by tang
    Bvlgari, Eau Parfumée au Thé Rouge...

This was my first Basenotes find... I tested it at the store, wasn't impressed one way or the other, went to a movie, couldn't stop sniffing my wrist for 2 hours, went right back to the store and bought it. That was my very first can't-stop-sniffing-my-wrist experience, and it was wonderful.
    AHA! A new little nose poking in! Hi ya! And welcome to basenotes. I looove those CSSMW moments, although they can become quite expensive over time.

rtamarie41, I am a different kind of bn'r, as I read the first sentence of your novel and began mentally cursing, readying fist and knee with thoughts of calling the police. I'm a touch my bodice pull back a stump kinda gal, I guess. I feel a perverse need to wear Malle for a month. Hmmm, fodder for the therapist......

Lucky for me, a new 20ml decant of En Passant (thanks Paul) awaits.

'I am woman hear me roar'

meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    Please, please Rtamara, will you join our upcoming Lutens week? And post this again? This kind of literature should be forbidden I felt my knees go weak. Could have been from laughing, of course
    The answer is YES of course, a thousand times YES!
    Just let me know when it will be...I am gearing up for a week with Serge...
    Today was glorious, I was loving Gris Clair all the more for having taken a break from it.
    Tonight I will bathe myself in my sample of Furmerie Turque.
    Heady and Wondrous...
    what does the name mean in English, anyone?

And Shycat, no worries, dear ! Sorry to have scared you like that...glad to know you got my back, though!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Tabac Blond edc for work -- got home to find my En Avion extrait sample had arrived. It smells like I thought Mitsouko was going to smell -- mmmm!

Does En Avion work for Oriental Day?

fumerie is smoky, hazy, or an opium den & turque would be turkish of course.