Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default I've heard of layering, but blending?

Here is a link to a passel of links about blending two or more of your fragrances. Smells like a potential stink to me. http://buzzfeed.com/buzz/Blending_Perfume

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I've heard of layering, but blending?

Hi osme - it has been going on for years!

Intermittently some trendsetter will admit to blending a few perfumes for her personal scent and the whole furore will blow up again.

Sarah Jessica Parker (American actress)- Lovely is her first fragrance based on her own personal blend of Bonne Belle Skin Musk (now produced by Parfums de Coeur) + CDG Avignon + an unspecified Egyptian Musk oil

Arielle Dombasle (French actress / It girl) - her much complimented signature blend is Clinique Aromatics Elixir + Chanel Cuir de Russie + an unspecified White Musk

I love layering and blending my own perfumes! One of my favourite blends is Clinique Aromatics Elixir + Carven Ma Griffe, which morphs into a gorgeous soft green, smokey, leathery moss scent reminiscent of Gres Cabochard and Estee Lauder Azuree (classic formulation). As these are both HG for me you can see why I love it.

When I blend I just spritz the perfumes / oils into a vial or decant bottle and let sit for a minimum of 2 weeks, gently shaking occasionally. This allows the perfumes to create a wonderful new synergy that you cannot achieve just spritzing one over the other. The sum is much more then its parts.

You should try it sometime...

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *