Code of Conduct

Question Discontinued.. Can anyone help find me something similar ?

Hi All,

I've been lurking for a while soaking up the atmosphere and since finding this site have been going mad on Ebay buying up mini bottles to test based on recommendations here !

I wonder if you'd be so kind to help me out with some suggestions. I find that a lot of perfumes give me headaches and can smell very 'chemically' on me. However a good few years back I discovered Ultima II's Sheer Scent. I loved it and wore it to death until it became harder and harder to find, eventually was discontinued altogether and I forgot about it.

This Xmas I bought my husband a bottle of D + G's Masculine and for some reason everytime I smell it on him it reminds me of Sheer Scent. I think it's the 'fresh' and 'airy' kind of mood I get from smelling it. Citrusy as well.

Soooo, I'm looking for any suggestions at all anyone has for me for anything similar out there I could try. I'd be ever so grateful ! I notice that Sheer Scent pops up on Ebay from time to time but being in the Uk it's a bit expensive when shipping is added in. Also I'd like to have some fun testing out some new ones.

These are the notes which Sheer Scent contains, I assume they are in order of top, middle etc but am not sure :

bergamot, lemon, galbanum, violet, jasmine, rose, orris, oakmoss, patchouli, amber and cedarwood.

Thanks again in advance for any help.

Default Re: Discontinued.. Can anyone help find me something similar ?

Hi! Welcome aboard.

I would recommend trying Burberry's, the original scent and Allure. I too love bergamot and these two have it in their top notes.

Have fun searching!!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Femmy. You posed your question very, very well. Sorry to hear of your headachey sensitivities.

Just looking at the notes for Sheer Scent I can suggest two things to try:

Miss Dior
    Top Notes: Bergamot, aldehydes, clary sage, gardenia, galbanum
    Heart Notes: Rose, jasmine, lily of the valley, carnation, orris
    Base Notes: Patchouli, oakmoss, amber, vetiver, sandalwood, leather.

Chamade
    Top notes: greens, galbanum, bergamot, hyacinth, aldehydes
    Middle notes: rose, jasmine, cassis bud, lilac, clove, ylang ylang
    Base notes: vanilla, amber, benzoin, sandalwood, vetiver

I recently sniffed Escentric 01 (Escentric Molecules), a unisex frag composed of a synthesized scent called Iso E Super. It imparts a very fresh replica of lime, pink pepper, cedar and incense. I've read that some find this same quality in the drydown of Ormonde Jayne. Don't know if this synthetic would be better or worse for headache-sensitive sniffers. Here's a UK story the mentions it:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...79&in_a_source

Happy hunting!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Hi and welcome, femmy!

How about testing the D + G's Masculine on yourself? It's bound to be somewhat different than on your hubby, and if you already get the vibe of the scent you like, all the better. (and so simple!)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

I used to wear Ultima II Sheer Scent back in the early 1990's. It was so nice!

At that time, I found Christian Dior Fahrenheit to be a similar and less-expensive substitute. (Manly, yes, but I liked it, too.)

I think Fahrenheit has had a few tweaks over the years and I haven't smelled it in ages, but it might be worth a look. (Or sniff, rather!)