Code of Conduct

Default SotD Sunday 25 March

#¤%&=?*@£$€ Daylight Saving Time!!!

Rosa Flamenca (sample) for me.

Make the most of the shortest Sunday of the year...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Sunday 25 March

Indeed: Daylight Saving Time

Oh well, I am paying the price for a night of jazz and adrenaline anyway.

Wearing Pamplelune as an act of defiance against the bean counters of Guerlain who decided to discontinue this gem.

What a pity there is no icon for intense rage.

And just for the record: from this moment on I will not test or buy any regular or 'precious' limited edition of Guerlain ever again.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Fraîcheur végétale de Bambou - Yves Rocher
    Wishlist is pointless.

Miel de Bois again. I'm out all day at an amusement park and this is one of the few that will go the distance. Plus I love it!

SotD: Stella by Stella McCartney.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Good choice Riannon....the jazzclub I mean. ( As for the Pamplelune I'm not the one crying of it's disparition; catpee is not that difficult to find )
    No; I'm sure you smell good in it; it just didn't find me worthy.

Just got up from bed; sprayed on some Cabochard to wake up.

Morning all.

Not lamenting Pamplelune? Oh alright, cat pee hmm?

Just deliver me the cat whose pee smells like Pamplelune and I will give you a week of jazzclubs and men with saxophones

Ah, Cabochard.... that used to be one of my favourite scents.
    You simply smell divine

Quote Originally Posted by kanutta View Post
    Good choice Riannon....the jazzclub I mean. ( As for the Pamplelune I'm not the one crying of it's disparition; catpee is not that difficult to find )
    No; I'm sure you smell good in it; it just didn't find me worthy.

Just got up from bed; sprayed on some Cabochard to wake up.

Morning all.

Changed to sunny, happy Roma by Laura Biagotti at noon. It is a cold but sunny day of spring today!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

In a new panic about running out of Pampelune, I didn't wear it today, and probably won't until I have a new bottle. (I hate hate hate the stupid psychological stuff I do when things are discontinued.) Instead I'm wearing Borsari Violetta di Parma to celebrate the fact that the sun's shining today. A bit. For a change.

Incidentally, if my cats' pee smelled like Pampelune, changing their litter tray would be a joy. I just did it this morning, and can sadly inform you that it was no fun at all.
    Last edited by Squeezeweasel; 25th March 2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Cat pee

I'm wearing Aimez Moi by Caron. The violet is too pronounced, and I can smell little else. I would love it if I smelled it in passing on someone else, but carrying it round and smelling it for hours on myself is not great. It is lovely, but it simply isn't me. I'll change it later on.

Annick Goutal Hadrien Absolu
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    Annick Goutal Hadrien Absolu
    G, as much as I adore you, I can still inform the French police

You just had to wave the Hadrien under my nose, did you not?

Right, you can have it you way: next raid is scheduled for Saturday. Target: the Goutal Boutique. And this time, please, don't try to drink the stuff

Kanutta, love your new avatar! What a sunny person with an engaging smile!

Wearing Violettes de Toulouse EdP from Berdoues Parfums, seems like there are three of us violet fans this morning.

Sublime parfum for me today. This always makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    G, as much as I adore you, I can still inform the French police

You just had to wave the Hadrien under my nose, did you not?

Right, you can have it you way: next raid is scheduled for Saturday. Target: the Goutal Boutique. And this time, please, don't try to drink the stuff
    Please save me from the French cops, dear R. I actually wore Hadrien to join you in your citrus-revolution.

Indeed, we'll have to raid that boutique wearing big black masks while screaming "all your scents are belong to us!!!" Who's bringing the weapons?

Please save me from the French cops, dear R. I actually wore Hadrien to join you in your citrus-revolution.

Indeed, we'll have to raid that boutique wearing big black masks while screaming "all your scents are belong to us!!!" Who's bringing the weapons?
    Alright, everything is forgiven. I will bring the weapons!

::rumaging through wardrobe for filthy scents::

But this time: the A-team. You can be Hannibal with black leather gloves, ComDiva is Face and I insist on being 'Howling Mad' Murdock.

The things we do for scent

But this time: the A-team. You can be Hannibal with black leather gloves, ComDiva is Face and I insist on being 'Howling Mad' Murdock.

Agreed on the A-team! What a great idea. There's just one thing, who will be Baracus? Any takers?! Edit: lievje, you're in!

Murdock goes to you, my dear, and that hat will certainly come in handy when covering your face to remain anonymous . Very robber-ish. You can fly our getaway chopper, too.

"I love it when a plan comes together!"
    Last edited by BrothaG; 25th March 2007 at 01:42 PM.

Can I be Mr. T. please?

I wear Nuit de Noel, as a protest against the short night. I'm going to change to something else, don't know what yet.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Quote Originally Posted by lievje View Post
    Can I be Mr. T. please?

I wear Nuit de Noel, as a protest against the short night. I'm going to change to something else, don't know what yet.
    Yes dear, of course you can!! With twenty kilo's in golden necklaces hanging from your lovely neck your will outshine the rest of our Team!!

The most beautiful BA Baracus ever!!

Wow, I've always wanted to be him. All those necklaces, mwoah.

But I bet I'll be the best smelling Mr. T. ever. :bounce:
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

What are you children up to over there??!! Play nice!

Here - because 80F temps are promised - I am celebrating with LAP's Mimosa Pour Moi (one of the few LAPs with any longevity on me) layered with light and lovely Lily from Ava-Luxe.

Am toying with adding Iris Poudre later - when these beauties are fading.......:bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I'm in!!!! :bounce:

Especially since I was getting into character as 'Face' before I knew I was playing, tossing no fewer than five different scents on pulse points this morning to see which one was singing today...

But the winner has no citrus -- Yves Rocher's Ode au Reve. Woody Musk: Sandalwood, Cedar, Labdanum, Gurjum, Musk, Vanilla.

So... I will enter and leave the Goutal shop every 15 minutes, playing a different, difficult customer each time. I will ask them to make me sample vials of the most difficult-to-access Goutals until the SAs are all so dizzy from running around and fumes that they will become completely disoriented!!!

Then Riannon, BrothaG and Lievje can swoop in and the real fun begins...
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

I'm testing MUSCS KOUBLAI KHAN today, but probably not for too much longer! This extremely musky floral almost fecal scent, is just too pungent for my taste. Although it's interesting and somewhat unique, it's definitely not for me!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Can I be Mr. T. please?

OK, but first we need to hear you say "I ain't got time for no jibba-jabba!!"

Testing the lovely DIVINE today :wave:

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Found some droplets of Nanadebary Green. Delish.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I've been working today...I HATE it when they tune into so called "summer time"...One hour less sleep.Needed something fresh to wake up,so I wore Pure Poison.After work it's time for Mitsouko edt

I love the DST! But then I work evenings and sleep til 10 AM. In the winter months there was nothing worse than oing to work in the dark and coming home as the sun began to set.

Anyway, it's cool crisp and feels more like October than March.

I'm still enjoying the Prada I wore to sleep last night, but I think I'll be scent twins with Tigrushka today In Rose Flamenca, my favorite of that line and definitely part of my rose scented A-Team

Rose d'Homme for the rest of the evening.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Riannon and Squeezeweasel; I promise I shall not speak ill of your beloved Pamplelune any more.

Thank you Twolf; I see almost everybody has an avatar, so my husband helped me; I didn't understand how to do it.

Been out walking on sunshine in Prada. It is the biggest bottle I have; so I'm trying to use it now before warmer weather sets in.

Testing Arabie from Lutens on my wrist; I'm not so blown away with it as I was with Chergui; I think it is a bit too spicy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    OK, but first we need to hear you say "I ain't got time for no jibba-jabba!!"
    Hi tinker :wave:

I ain't got time for no jibba-jabba!!

Having said this, I'm ready to throw some weight in the A-Team.

I wear Fendi Fendi now.

I'm giving Bryant Park a second test today. It didn't blow me away the first time. It's not blowing me away the second time. Pretty, but not really my thing.

I saw you had a lot of fun on here today, A-Team
    Started the day in MDCI's Invasion Barbare, but after some decanting/sample filling my nose feels intoxicated and I can't smell it any more....after a shower, I will change into Opulental's Madagascar in extrait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Unhappy Re: SotD Sunday 25 March

Feeling lousy today, just going to go out to pick my Mom up & bring her back to my house, so I guess I'll just spray on Hypnotic Poison today*

Nope, Fendi called to me, & I sprayed her instead...
    Last edited by Dolly Dagger; 25th March 2007 at 08:22 PM.

Seems like a FUN Sunday for most of the people here...

I wore Floret by Antonia's Flowers it is just perfect for Spring. I went to my friend's place who is living on one of the remoted islands in HK. I brought a bottle of German Reisling we had barbacue and lots of fun biking around on the island. We didn't get to the Reisling, but had a few dozens of beer instead.

I must taken a shower now, I have been playing with the dog and I have strands of her hair sticking on my track pants...

Hi tinker :wave:

I ain't got time for no jibba-jabba!!

Having said this, I'm ready to throw some weight in the A-Team.

I wear Fendi Fendi now.
    Nah!! You should wear A-Men :bounce:

Now I think of it: you are the one who always grumbles when poor Murdock is talking to his sock again!!

I've dispensed with the Aimez Moi I wore earlier, and am now wearing Philosykos on my left, and Terre d'Hermes on my right. Both are wonderful independently - together they are divine. After a day of testing I have some nose fatigue, and these two are bringing me back to my senses. I am soothed and reawakened at the same time, and with both feet on the ground.

I'm giving a test-wearing to Maybe Baby today (thank you rtamara41 )
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    I saw you had a lot of fun on here today, A-Team
    Started the day in MDCI's Invasion Barbare, but after some decanting/sample filling my nose feels intoxicated and I can't smell it any more....after a shower, I will change into Opulental's Madagascar in extrait.
    YAY!! Here comes our 'missing link'
    I just knew we were forgetting something: the Damsel in Distress!!
    (was considering to ask Supermarky because he looks so immensely distressed on the Member Pictures)

My Italian Lady, would you do me the honour of being our 'Damsel'? And G, as Hannibal you have the sworn duty to fall for this Lady.
    Very hard!! :bounce:

::Oh Lord, I am leading all these innocent souls to their doom::

(was considering to ask Supermarky because he looks so immensely distressed on the Member Pictures)

My Italian Lady, would you do me the honour of being our 'Damsel'? And G, as Hannibal you have the sworn duty to fall for this Lady.

LOL! Since I don't see myself crying Help! Help! in a soprano tone at all, I'd rather be "Triple A" Amy Allen, if you don't mind. Although, if G looks like a young Hannibal he would have VERY good chances with me (remember George Peppard in bed in Breakfast at Tiffany's?).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Yippee! A damsel!! :bounce:

(R., I haven't seen Supermarky's Member Pic, but whoever's on his avatar is looking *mighty* good to me!)

LiB, one of my five "scents-on-pulse-points" this morning was MDCI's Invasion Barbare! So you were destined to be on the A-Team today. And I'm pretty sure that Invasion Barbare is one of G's faves, and we all know how scent can make one fall for the wearer... Though G., perhaps with those leather gloves, we should all change into Tabac Blond?
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Yippee! A damsel!! :bounce:

(R., I haven't seen Supermarky's Member Pic, but whoever's on his avatar is looking *mighty* good to me!)

LiB, one of my five "scents-on-pulse-points" this morning was MDCI's Invasion Barbare! So you were destined to be on the A-Team today. And I'm pretty sure that Invasion Barbare is one of G's faves, and we all know how scent can make one fall for the wearer... Though G., perhaps with those leather gloves, we should all change into Tabac Blond?
    Right, scent for this evening: Cuir Mauresque
    Me and my bright ideas I can't see Hannibal getting a crush on Murdock.
    Lord, do I love those black leather gloves!!

Pity there are not more roles in the A-Team. Or CoCo must volunteer for Colonel Decker or what-was-the-name-again??? Name, rank and number please!!

::Should have picked Blake's 7 :bounce: But Avon is mine!!::

I´ve been wearing Mukki by Fresh today.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

LOL @ all the A-Team admirers! Seriously, ladies, I'm glad you're feeling the groove, but I'll have to light up a cigar and think about this.

Great choice wearing the Invasion Barbare, ComDiva!

LOL @ all the A-Team admirers! Seriously, ladies, I'm glad you're feeling the groove, but I'll have to light up a cigar and think about this.

Great choice wearing the Invasion Barbare, ComDiva!
    Nah, nah, nah, sweet Hannibal. Did you not read the script? Not "light up a cigar", you have to light a fire

Phew, and all this on a boring Sunday :bounce: Almost a pity that I have to go to bed. Wearing

Jicky

The Angel that will guard my dreams, her sweet breath over my face.

Goodnight to you all and sweet dreams

How can you sleep when the sun is casting it's bright streams from a clear blue sky in northern NJ and I am testing Creed's 2000 Fleurs and finding it DELIGHTFUL!!! notes and description from parfumraffy: "An armful of fresh flowers, colors and special scents chosen in a spring garden by a man for the woman he loves. Fragrance notes include violet, magnolia, rose, lilac, jasmine, iris, amber and musk."
    It is breaking my concept that I am not particularly drawn to blousy florals...perhaps it is the earthy pull of the deeper iris , amber and musk tones that hold this bouquet to the ground, so to speak. Great scent. Nicely complex.
    Just got back from the mall with daughter testing purple and lilac colored eyeshadow!! weee heeee!!!!!!!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I've spent my afternoon digging the wild onions out of my mulch. I had smelled of Eau de Camille, but now I just stink of bitter onion. I have a head cold and after shower comes nap, I feel sure. Roses, roses, roses.....I'll be in Rose.

Dependent

SOTE - Patou pour Homme Prive

...and for the evening, Ava-Luxe Midnight Violets!! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    How can you sleep when the sun is casting it's bright streams from a clear blue sky in northern NJ and I am testing Creed's 2000 Fleurs and finding it DELIGHTFUL!!! notes and description from parfumraffy: "An armful of fresh flowers, colors and special scents chosen in a spring garden by a man for the woman he loves. Fragrance notes include violet, magnolia, rose, lilac, jasmine, iris, amber and musk."
    It is breaking my concept that I am not particularly drawn to blousy florals...perhaps it is the earthy pull of the deeper iris , amber and musk tones that hold this bouquet to the ground, so to speak. Great scent. Nicely complex.
    Just got back from the mall with daughter testing purple and lilac colored eyeshadow!! weee heeee!!!!!!!
    After a few hours in Lutens MUSCS KK (which was quite enough) I'm back in FLEURS D' ORANGER! I can understand why you love this so much, it's addictive! I'll be leaving it on till morning, so will get to enjoy it all nite. Yummy! :wave:

I'd like to try the Creeds one now too.
    Last edited by spicegirl; 26th March 2007 at 01:16 AM.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Wearing Samsara edp tonight

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424 View Post
    Wearing Samsara edp tonight
    SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    ahhh.......................
    one of the ER docs sniffed my wrist with this sample on it and said something to the effect of ..." WOW!!" and "Shinga!" which loosely translated I think means he liked it.

goodnight! I mixed my creed with black cashmere and eau des marveailles (can't spell) and don't know which end is up anymore. but it's alll good!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Smile Re: SotD Sunday 25 March

Douce Amère by Serge Lutens

Antidote by Viktor and Rolf
    Gary