Code of Conduct

Default Annick Goutals at Loehmann's (NYC)

Here in NYC we have a store called Loehmann's: 5 floors of bargains bargains bargains! Clearance sales all the time, lots of designer wear, etc.

Anyhoo, they have a fragrance section so of course I had to check it out. Yes they had things at below department store prices, but there were no outrageous, TJ Maxx-style bargains to be had (e.g. 3.4 oz Ysatis was $49.99, good savings off department store but not rock bottom).

However, they had Annick Goutals for $29.99, and a variety of scents as well. There were no testers and I have never owned a Goutal, but it seemed to me a good price for what seems to be a well respected perfume. Would love to have some opinions about Goutals and this price point. Thanks!
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Default Re: Annick Goutals at Loehmann's (NYC)

I'd say that sounds pretty fantastic! I wish I lived in New York. 100mls of Annick Goutal goes for about $100 CAN at the Bay in Montreal.

Annick Goutal fragrances are rather high end and mostly very natural smelling. $30 for a 100 ml bottle (?) is a STEAL, especially in the US, since it's all imported there. I'd say give it a try, fragrances such as Eau d'Hadrien can't hurt in your wardrobe.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

$30 is a great price for Annick Goutal frags. They're usually about $65 - $95, depending on size. I don't know what type of scents you like, but l'eau d'Hadrien seems universally liked and would be a nice addition to anyone's wardrobe, as BrothaG mentioned. It's a citrus fragrance on a woody base, very refreshing on hot summer days, though I wear it whenever I feel like it. I also have Gardenia Passion and Grand Amour, both florals. I haven't tried all the AG's but I seem to like most I try. Songes doesn't work for me, turns weird and rubbery on my skin, the only one so far that I dislike.

Ah! Loehmann's!! Mecca for the savvy shopper! No changing rooms - no bags - FAB finds!!

YOU GO GIRL! Some wonderful frags - and if they've got any Chevrefeuille - pick up one for me!!! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze