Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday 6 January

Good morning!
    I decided to dedicate this Sniff'n Speak Saturday to Guerlain - Vol de Nuit. (Many thanks to Allie for making that possible! )

Have a great Saturday, and please share your thoughts about orientals in the thread above!

Default Re: SotD Saturday 6 January

Hello beautiful people, I have choosen Samara Parfum as my Oriental Sniff'n Speak!
    In the evening, I have switched to Vol de Nuit Edt (thanks tink!)
    At midnight, I put on Douce Amere and in bed I wore L'Instant .
    Last edited by Coconut; 7th January 2007 at 02:45 AM.

At work today i will be wearing Pure Poison.Haven't decided on which oriental to go for laterHave a nice day everybody

I'm choosing LB's Venezia, one of my favorites, today. I will probably never find it again but I plan to use up this bottle before it goes "off". I'd rather wear it til it's gone than wish I had done so!

My Sniff 'n Speak is Shalimar. Have a nice day!
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

My Oriental Sniff´n Speak is also Shalimar by Guerlain, the most romantic of my orientals, IMO. I find it fragile and gentle, yet lasting all day on my skin. I will put it on again for the evening.

Hav a fab Oriental Day, all wonderful BN:s!
    Last edited by Margareta; 6th January 2007 at 07:55 AM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Balenciaga Pour Homme

Today is Annick Goutal Day for me:

SOTD - Mandragore
    SOTE - Eau du Fier
    Wishlist is pointless.

I had already decided to make this a Guerlain Sniff-n-Speak Saturday, but since many others are wearing Guerlain as well, I have changed my mind.

So: I will make this a day of shamelessly enjoying as many Orientals I can bear. Needless to say I will stay at home (catching up on work) to avoid any inconvenience to others

The menu for today will be: Mira Bai (Chopard), Theorema (Fendi), Must de Cartier, Boucheron extrait and for the night: a drop of Soir d'Orient (MPG).

A day long I will be smelling like a princess from 'One Thousand and One Nights '

*sigh*
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I'm going to wear ROMA for my sniff and speak Saturday scent.
    Have just started reading "Perfume" by Susskind, prior to seeing the
    film. My mind is reeling with olfactory descriptions...

my SOTD/Sniff & Speak oriental is In Control Curious by Britney Spears

Blog Entries

12 Noon GMT

Must de Cartier
    parfum
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Amouage Silver Crystal Men

Have a great weekend!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Can't believe I did this! Rolled out of bed and felt half-way human. In joyous celebration - and totally forgetting it was Oriental day - rolled on Balenciaga's Rumba! (*Plum, peach, orange blossom, raspberry, magnolia, tuberose, orchid, gardenia, jasmine, carnation, heliotrope, honey, lily-of-the-valley, amber, oakmoss, vanilla, sandalwood, cedarwood, tonka bean, musk, styrax.) All smoky and night-clubby to me!

Had intended to wear Mitsouko.....Happy accident!

(Rhumbas off into sunset - swaying hips - clattering castanets - Ole!...)
    Last edited by TaoLady; 6th January 2007 at 12:25 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Talking Re: SotD Saturday 6 January

Today I am going to wear Chanel Coco, my favorite oriental. Today is also a very special day for me and my family. Not only is it my 23rd wedding anniversary but my first nephew was born early this morning!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tdi
    Today I am going to wear Chanel Coco, my favorite oriental. Today is also a very special day for me and my family. Not only is it my 23rd wedding anniversary but my first nephew was born early this morning!
    That's darned exciting. See if you can get the family to name him after a fragrance or some famous nose!

Wearing Nuits de Noho. Will discuss its qualifications as an Oriental in the thread dedicated to the SnS subject.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Caron Aimez-Moi for me this morning.

Must de Cartier this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by tdi
    Happy Anniversary, tdi! Congrats also on the nephew. Being an aunt now, it is your responsibility to be the bad influence his parents cannot be.

For today's Sniff n Speak, I've chosen to test drive two new ones (for me) Hermes Rouge for the SotD and depending on how that works out, maybe Musc Ravageur for evening.

Good morning and happy Sniff & Speak, dear BNers.

I'm starting out in Animale which I've seen elsewhere described as chypre, so for my SnS scent, I am going to change into Caron Parfum Sacre.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

I will wear Bois des Iles today.

Hi my good-smelling friends!
    I´m wearing Desire by Alfred Dunhill for this oriental sniff & speak day.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Sorry....it's just to warm for an Oriental....at least for me.....i went with Canali Pour Homme.....Have not checked what type this is.....it's a Christmas Present from my Honey........Gary

I'll be wearing En Avion extrait today, and probably a dab or two of Poivre and Bois des Iles as the day progresses.

Congrat, tdi, to both the anniversary and the little nephew!

I celebrate the Oriental Sniff´n Speak a little extra. I gave myself the bodylotion of Shalimar this very day, and am wearing it right now, with the EdT. - I am in oriental heaven for the moment!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Excuse my ignorance - I've never done a sniff and speak before, but so far everyone is sniffing without speaking about what their fragrance is like.
    Am I in the wrong place or missing the point??

bleu autumn haze

congratulations, tdi!

wow this was tough ... but finally reached for Shalimar Eau Légère today. It has the tradition and legacy of the grand oriental, Shalimar, but with a modern twist. I will try to put words to my thoughts about it later ...

but first, my thoughts are on FOOTBALL! GO CHIEFS!!!!!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Red face Re: SotD Saturday 6 January

Youth Dew Amber Nude layered over an amber body butter from Bath and Body works...love the ginger top note in YDAN. Hope this qualifies as an oriental cause I can't wear narcisse noir first thing in the AM!

Bvlgari Blv Notte

Bergamot Green Note, Peach, Plum,

Carnation, Cinnamon, Jasmin, Orris, Rose, Ylang-Ylang,

Amber, Benzoin, Cedar, Musk, Sandal, Tonka, Vanilla,

Venezia is such a delight...I don't know the rules for a sniff and speak and I'm not sure how to go about it. I loved this one from the start and would be appreciative of any suggestions for similar scents. I've read Venezia is an "ambery" oriental, but the amber scents I own are not too similar.

Le Baiser du Dragon for Sniff 'n' Speak. What an absolutely beautiful fragrance; every time I catch a whiff of my sillage I fall in love!

Agent Provocateur Maitresse today. I forgot the speak and sniff

My wardrobe is devoid of orientals, although I have some vanillas, I feel they are a bit flormand. I guess Chinatown would be my only option...but it's so warm today! I bail. The closest I can come to the spirit of adventure is to test a sample....so with new spring scents in mind, I'm testing Zent's Petal (curtesy of a freindly basenoter whom name is lost forever in the chaos of the sample basket.)

YUP, Petal is me all over. Notes: LOtV, freesia, lemon and fresh rain accord.

It "celebrates the very essence of being a woman, soft and gentle like a flower..."

Oh yeah, that's me. Uh-huh.

Although, now it seems to be smelling more synthetic, like a carpet cleaner. That's not me. I'm not a carpet. Maybe it's trying to tell me to go shave my legs.
    Last edited by Shycat; 6th January 2007 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart
    Excuse my ignorance - I've never done a sniff and speak before, but so far everyone is sniffing without speaking about what their fragrance is like.
    Am I in the wrong place or missing the point??
    I know! I don't know where to go - I'm confused.

It is 70 degrees in New York (in January? sigh. global warming) and I have put on Youth Dew bath oil as a perfume oil. I smell warm and cinnamony/spicy, but it's a bit heavy for today, unfortunately. That Petal that shycat is wearing today is starting to sound good....

Happy Saturday, BNers. I'm going to bike around NYC and wear off this YD.
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by quinpus
    I know! I don't know where to go - I'm confused.
    Head over this direction and let's all get chatty.

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=191129
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

5:30pm GMT

Serge Luten
    Ambre Sultan

Eau de parfum

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I have worn Coco today.

Both hubby and I are delighting today in Black Cashmere. A very sexy, oriental-spicy little diva that's making me fall in love with everything today! BC smell stunning on both of us, even though it's slightly different on our skin. I can't stop sniffing him, he can't stop sniffing me... we're truly in an olcaftory heaven today!

Notes include saffron, clove, rose, white pepper, Ethiopian incense, vanilla, amber, patchouli, African wenge wood.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

This evening it's Habanita for me!

I think it might be fun to have a chat in a chat room about different fragrance themes or at least schedule a "meet you all there time" for a specific board topic

I agree (about the chat time or "meet you all there" board session).

It was 70+ degrees in New York today, and I celebrated by wearing two perfumes that I thought would have to wait for summer: Carnal Flower in the morning, and Datura Noir at night.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Today was Brit Red.

Aaaah... The day winds down. I have had my nice long tubby and am cleansed, moisturized, and freshly perfumed. My SotN is Lolita Lempicka, keeping with the Oriental theme. Also DH2B's fave, so we're winning on all counts. Tomorrow is Sunday.

That's my fun day.

My I don't have to run day...

I missed posting my scent yesterday, so let me catch up.

Le Parfum de Therese (am)
    Creed's Eugenie (pm)
    Carnal Flower (evening) I changed my shirt and caught a whiff of this on my sleeve and just HAD to go for it!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache