Code of Conduct

Default Love a fragrance one day then hate it the next,anyone else experience this at times

it seems to happen with me quite frequently and currently i am experiencing this with two fragrances that i fall in and out of love with sometimes within the space of 24 hours. the fragrances in question for me are Bulgari Blue and Michael Kors 'Michael'. can't explain why my feelings towards these scents seem to change so alarmingly and so quickly but they just do. one minute i am on the verge of throwing/giving them away and the next i can't imagine being without them.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Love a fragrance one day then hate it the next,anyone else experience this at times

Don't know about Bulgari Blue but Michael Kors Michael For Men is one of the sexiest scents for men! I am looking to snag a bottle for hubby (as an.. ahem.. 'marital' aid ).

Some scents demand that you are confident and sure of yourself when you wear them - Otherwise they ride you all day. I think Michael is one of these scents. If you are not in the mood for it you are going to 'resent' it if you wear it. I can wear it occassionally too (when I am in a sexy, don't mess with me mood) but would never have it in regular rotation.

I say, wear it when you love it and ignore it when you don't. And find something less distinctive to wear on a regular day to day...
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Default Re: Love a fragrance one day then hate it the next,anyone else experience this at times

That's in interesting graphic, Moon: a scent "riding" one all day! I like it!!

Michael is a strange duck. I've a sample bottle that I've not worn yet, but my wife likes it thoroughly. I'm not that sure after a few sniffs. I suppose one must do what the missus likes, no? Okay, I'll have it as my SOTD on Sunday.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I just had this experience with Dior Homme. I had tested Dior Homme multiple times this summer, but the sage was overpowering and harsh. Last week, I had the urge to wear Dior Homme, and it had completely changed on me. The sage had morphed into an herbal freshness and I bought a bottle.

In my case, I'm thinking it was hormonal or chemical, but as moondeva said, maybe it's a difference in confidence or attitude.
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem \ Christian Dior Dior Homme \ Creed Himalaya \ Creed Millesime Imperial \ Hermes Terre d'Hermes \ L'Artisan Dzing!

Yes, i get that a lot with Pleasures for men, sometimes it's very cool and nice, and sometimes it's very fake-smelling and chemical-harsh-like.