Code of Conduct

Default Tabac Blond: some questions

I received a sample of this recently (thanks, Gerald!) and I'm finding it to ba a massive improvement on Knize Ten (there were certain notes in this one that I really disliked). However, there's certain things I'd like to know from you lovers of Tabac Blond:

1) I've checked the threads about TB, only to find conflicting opinions about its concentration. I know that anything other than the EdT is superior but what other concentrations are there - extrait (parfum?) or EdP? Someone mentioned that the EdP doesn't exist but Les Senteurs only sell the EdP! Confused? So am I!

2) How would you rate TB against Royal English Leather? I have a sample of this too but would like to hear your opinions.

3) Are there any other Caron fragrances that are as good as TB (or even better)?

As you can tell, I'm pretty impressed by TB so far.

Cheers.

Default Re: Tabac Blond: some questions

I thought that there were only two concentrations as well: the eau de toilette and the parfum. The perfume is smoother and - of course - has more longevity.
    Although Royal English Leather and Tabac Blond are mainly leather, the Caron is more complex. There are floral notes and the characteristic Caron basenote is evident. The Creed would be more like Knize Ten, in my opinion.
    Most Caron scents are superb. The men's range - Yatagan, Pour Un Homme, Le Troisieme Homme and L'Anarchiste - are of the best quality and are very refined. Many of the women's fragrances could also be used by a guy: Poivre - the spiciest fragrance I know, Alpona - a wonderful chypre.
    The women's fragrances are incomparable: Narcisse Noir is the most erotic perfume I know, Fleurs de Rocaille is a magnificent floral, Farnesiana is the most beautiful mimosa scent and Nocturnes is a lovely and rich floral.
    As you can tell I am a real fan of these scents mainly because they haven't -for the most part - been altered over the years. Caron is one of the few companies that been "dumbed down" to create an inferior - and cheaper - product.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I am a fan of Caron's Le 3re Homme (The Third Man). Long lasting, both subtle and attracting, and definitely delicious to whiff. a 1985 product, it nevertheless has the typical Caron of old quality to it and can be acquired online for a reasonable price.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor
    I've checked the threads about TB, only to find conflicting opinions about its concentration. I know that anything other than the EdT is superior but what other concentrations are there - extrait (parfum?) or EdP? Someone mentioned that the EdP doesn't exist but Les Senteurs only sell the EdP! Confused? So am I!
    Perhaps there are other concentrations, but the only ones I am aware of are the parfum (also known as extrait) and the EDT, and I greatly prefer the parfum.

How would you rate TB against Royal English Leather? I have a sample of this too but would like to hear your opinions.
    Creed Royal English Leather is a very nice fragrance, but Caron Tabac Blond is superlative.

Are there any other Caron fragrances that are as good as TB (or even better)?
    In my opinion, Tabac Blond is the best.

If you are in love with the "strong" Caron's, like Tabac Blond, you should
    certainly try Poivre in extrait concentration. I like it better than TB.

Can anyone give me an idea of the price of Tabac Blond in both concentrations? I also received a sample a few months ago and now that I've compared it to Royal English Leather and Knize Ten, I'm ready to make my first Caron purchase but I have totally no idea of the prize and where to get it

Last year I bought a huge 200 ml of Tabac Blond parfum from the Caron boutique and decanted it to many people here. It was so popular that I completely sold out. My apartment smelled of Tabac Blond for weeks. I loved it at first but then got tired of it. I recently smelled it again and love it. It is much better than Knize 10 and isn't very similar to Creed Royal English Leather. The closest thing I have smelled to it is Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque which unfortunately is only sold in Paris. I migh actually like it better than Tabac Blond because of its orange note which makes it a little more wearable than Tabac.
    I only have a small sample of it though.

As for Tabac Blond, your best bet would be to buy it directly from the Caron boutique in New York. I don't have their phone number but you can probably google it. I do remember that the price per ounce gets cheaper as you buy a larger size bottle. They pour the parfum from these fountains they have, so you can purchase it in a lot of different quantities depending on what bottle sizes they have in stock. As for the EdT, it is a weaker, less rich version of the parfum. I had a sample of it and I wouldn't recommend it at all though it's worth trying. I think the price of it was 1/2 or maybe even 1/3 of the parfum.

By the way, if there is enough interest in it I would be willing to order a large bottle of the parfum again and do a bunch of decants. Past experience tells me I should only do 1/3 oz (10 ml) roll-on decants. Also I would need pre-payment from at least 10 people because that 200 ml bottle is expensive! If people are interested please email me or drop me a prive message.
    Last edited by AZsmells; 6th January 2007 at 12:59 PM.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I have seen an Eau de cologne version of Tabac Blond on eBay some time ago and a bath oil as well. I own a bottle of the EdT and I don't think it's great, but the Extrait definitely is! One of the few sellers is Osswald perfumery in Zurich. The 50 ml extrait bottle is 324.00 swiss franks, that's 201 Euro or 263 US$.

I tested Poivre extrait as well, but I prefer Tabac Blond by far.

Last edited by dr.creed; 6th January 2007 at 01:38 PM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

said that I'm a leather fan, and that REL is very nice and the frag that led me to discover B'notes, after my xmas story about tabac blond, I've nothing to add anymore! Beautiful and bewitching fragrance!

Leather is definately one of my holy notes and therefore it is such a shame I've never tried Tabac Blond. Azsmells, lemme think about this for a few seconds, I might very well be the first one to send you a pre-payment.

I ended up dreaming about Tabac Blond last night, thanks to this thread! I had images of pouring some pure elixer from a brass ornamented vessel. The stuff was thick and intoxicating and utterly transporting.

Got to get some!

Azsmells makes a generous offer to decant Tabac Blond. For those who
    want a small decant now, I'd also suggest dealing with Buffalo_Gals.

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=188937

She's great to deal with and appears to have a number of Caron extraits
    right now. I would certainly suggest sampling Tabac Blond before committing
    to a big purchase.

It is no secret that Tabac Blond is one of my top two holy grail fragrances.
    It has a mysterious catnip effect on me.
    I have sampled the EDC which is quite good, but I find it to lack the full bodied vanilla drydown of the extrait, so if you have to choose one, for me it would be the latter.
    Full bodied, satisfying, starts with a bang and a slap and ends with a long drawn out caress. I repeat myself, but I can't help it.
    Very gender flexible imo.
    Not for the timid.
    If you love leather it is at least a must try.
    It evolves over time and has incredible longevity.
    Apply sparingly. (Should be kept away from the Gaius Caesar guy - he might hurt himself!- see his post from last night, poor thing)
    Having a willing partner nearby upon application increases one's enjoyment of this scent.
    My decant is from Buffalo Gals and the quality is potent and astounding.
    Shifts, don't think too long before trying this , especially if you love leather.
    I would go for a bottle split, but am already committed to one elsewhere.
    Thus concludes my thoughts for the day on Tabac Blond.
    LONG LIVE TABAC BLOND!!!!!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Caron have now released Tabac Blond in 20ml edp.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by donna255
    Caron have now released Tabac Blond in 20ml edp.
    Really??
    How much for?
    Is it best to order direct from France or is it affordable / obtainable in the UK?
    Have you tried it?
    How does it compare to the EDT and / or the parfum?

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Finally, someone's aware of the EdP!

donna255, just sent you a PM but moondeva's asking the same questions.

A 50ml EdP costs nearly 80 at Les Senteurs, so somewhere between 30 and 45 for the 20ml EdP?

OK 20mls TB is 49.50 from Les Senteurs.

Ordering from Paris direct, I have done this and there is a set shipping cost of 20 euros no matter what you order. So I would say depending on the exchange rate for the euro which would be cheaper?

Now when I ordered from Paris it arrived in Belfast in two days!!!!

Sorry never tried the TB in edp.
    DONNA

The EdP of tabac Blond just came out recently. Apparently they issued a lot of their fragrances in EdP. I don't know if it is a limited edition or if its here to stay.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!