Code of Conduct

Question How Soon You Change Your Scents?

I love to change the perfume i wear every 2 days but there are times that i put another perfume in the morning and another in the evening.
    I must admit that past years , when i had 20 years old and less money , i used to put a scent for long time, for months.
    Those years are assosiated with the memories of perfumes i wore.
    Now that i change every day perfume i have no this beautifull sense of memory.

Default Re: How Soon You Change Your Scents?

The only time I actually wear a fragrance for more days on a row is when I just got it new. Otherwise I wear something different every day. I understand what you mean with not really "bonding" with a scent when you keep changing it, but the con of wearing something a lot is that, in my case, I start suffering from olfactory fatigue. There's nothing more annoying than knowing you're wearing a decent application but you have to really do some effort to detect the beauty yourself.

Therefore, the benefit of changing my scents a lot is that I stay surprised by their composition, unless I've really worn them a lot already. But if you feel that you're not getting enough beautiful memories of your fragrances, I'd definitely recommend wearing them for more days on a row!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Ι ΤΗΙΝΚ ΤΗΑΤ U Have Right Brotha

Blog Entries

I usually wear two fragrances in a day. Like BrothaG said, this reduces the risk of olfactory fatigue. Plus, I still have good memories of certain scents even though I change them out frequently. Like, TM Cologne and Clinique Happy make me thing of visiting my parents in Arizona. Silver Mountain Water makes me think of the week my dear friend Dave visited me. CK be makes me think of the time I was at a party and watched the Chiefs eek out a win against the Colts during the playoffs. Oh wait, that's later today .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    I usually wear two fragrances in a day.
    Same thing here.

Definitely twice a day.

One in morning after the shower, and another after the gym in the evening.

On a related question...anyone ever take a bath just to wash off what you're wearing to wear another one?

Quote Originally Posted by dalailama1
    I must admit that past years , when i had 20 years old and less money , i used to put a scent for long time, for months.
    Those years are assosiated with the memories of perfumes i wore.
    I agree with you...in the days when money was scarce it was Escape, L'eau D'Issey and Havana for days on end. And some good memories when I wear Havana, and smell the other two on others.

Now it's one a day, and a touch up in the evening when it's a late night - like tonight

Many years ago I thought the way to go was to have a signature scent and only wear something different for a night on the town. But now I go along the lines of what BrothaG said. Changing each day gives a new and refreshing experience each day. Before it would be spray it on and go with no real thought to how it smelled because I was so used to it.

As of now, I have many decants that I would like to test so I put a new one on every day. Maybe once I figure out what I like and what not I will wear some back to back days. I like what dalilami said about having memories with scents you have worn everyday for a long time. I think this is important to attach memories to your scents because scent is a great reminder of certain things. I hope to build memories around my scents....if I wear once all the time!
    Last edited by ToadKings; 7th January 2007 at 08:59 PM.

I change depending weather, day schedule, clothes,mood,etc.....I
    m not loyal with fragances.....I m always changing

Quote Originally Posted by marco_from_chile
    I change depending weather, day schedule, clothes,mood,etc.....I
    m not loyal with fragances.....I m always changing
    ME TOO!
    but sucks how i only currently own 4
    2 are coming soon....
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

I tend to like to wear the same thing for a few days in a row, preferably with aftershave and body lotion of the same scent until I get sick of it, and go O.D. on the next one. However, in between periods of lust for a certain fragrance, especially if I have to be at home for a day or two to do work I go bonky and I start just trying everything I have until this happens:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=191344

I just want to overstimulate myself and often don't have the patience to even wash off because I'm such a vegetable from working on the computer.

I really hate being home all day!

I usually wear one a day. However, when I'm just around the house, I will put 1 or two on the backs of my hands, either checking out samples or just to amuse myself. Last night I had Egoiste on my left hand and Z-14 on my right.

Quote Originally Posted by dalailama1
    Ι ΤΗΙΝΚ ΤΗΑΤ U Have Right Brotha
    hahahahaha, good post.
    Different one twice a day, or every day a new one. I like to keep people on campus always guessing :>