Code of Conduct

Default Suggestions for Mom (Birthday Gift)

I would like to get my Mom a perfume for her birthday. She's 77 and a big fan of Chanel No 5. I would like to get her one of the Rue Cambon collection. Which one do you think I should get? Oh and one more thing, she is currently residing in a tropical country. Appreciate your suggestions/opinions.

Default Re: Suggestions for Mom (Birthday Gift)

(LOVE your Avatar!! Is that from the masque house in NO LA??)) I am a 77 year old Mom who loves Chanel #5 but am not familiar with the house you mention.

From the more 'traditional' houses I love also Shalimar, Jardin de Bagatelles, Champs Elysees

But suggestions have been made here on similar threads that you try getting samples of several frags you think your Mom might like, together with a gift certificate from the store from which they are available. My kids gave me an Amazon gift certificate this Christmas and I was able to indulge in Eau des Merveilles at a discounted price this way!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Taolady,

Thanks for an excellent suggestion!! I would definitely do that. Rue Cambon is the name for the Chanel collection that includes Bois De Iles and Cuir de Russie, among others.

BTW, my avatar is a photo I took of some of the works of a sidewalk artist in Croatia. He's an old man who makes all the masks from paper and paints them by hand.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    (LOVE your Avatar!! Is that from the masque house in NO LA??)) I am a 77 year old Mom who loves Chanel #5 but am not familiar with the house you mention.

From the more 'traditional' houses I love also Shalimar, Jardin de Bagatelles, Champs Elysees

But suggestions have been made here on similar threads that you try getting samples of several frags you think your Mom might like, together with a gift certificate from the store from which they are available. My kids gave me an Amazon gift certificate this Christmas and I was able to indulge in Eau des Merveilles at a discounted price this way!!

My favorite is Bois des Iles . However I love all three. In a tropical climate the Gardenia may be nice.

Talking Re: Suggestions for Mom (Birthday Gift)

My favorite is Chanel Gardenia, I love it and have been thru at least ten bottles since they brought it back in Feb. 2000