Code of Conduct

Default What's going to happen to me?

I'm not sure how this happened, but right now I'm wearing (at the same time):

Xeryus Rouge, Silver Mountain Water, Dali Pour Homme, Pi Fraiche, Eau Parfumé au Thé Rouge and Fumerie Turque.

I feel really, really spaced out and weird. I think I'm having visions.

Default Re: What's going to happen to me?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, Caes, but to answer your question directly: there's this guy named Brutus ...
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Ista quidem vis est!

And who you callin' "Ceas'"?!

That's just the Dali kicking in — his famous St Anthony's Vision in the Desert.

Also you aren't meant to smoke the Fumerie Turque.

When you come down tell us what you saw.

I think I'm gonna see my supper.

Now, calm down, it's okay, the epileptic fit will pass soon. Take a couple of deep breaths. :-)

take a shower?
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig
    Now, calm down, it's okay, the epileptic fit will pass soon. Take a couple of deep breaths. :-)
    I don't know if deep breaths is a good idea right now...

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmilk
    take a shower?
    HArd to find my way to the lavatory - everything spinnging.

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR
    HArd to find my way to the lavatory - everything spinnging.
    He didn't say to flush yourself down the toilet.

THat's spinning too!

Is a shower not found in one's lavatory?

THat's spinning too!

Is a shower not found in one's lavatory?
    No.

The shower and the lavatory are both found in one's bathroom. A lavatory is specifically the toilet. Of course Canadian usage may vary.

Anyway you're in no state to discuss semantics.

You were not supposed to snort that too after putting that on....

Bad Bad boy.

I am going to tell on you...........
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

So lavatory does mean bathroom. From the latin of course - lavare, to wash.
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lavatory

And that's what I need to do!

Thankfully I'm still alive. I fell asleep quite dizzy though.

Next time I'll spray fragrances instead of drinking them. Damned splash bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard
    No.

The shower and the lavatory are both found in one's bathroom. A lavatory is specifically the toilet. Of course Canadian usage may vary.

Anyway you're in no state to discuss semantics.

Dependent

not a layering experiment gone horribly wrong, no...

you forgot the 4711

Alas I have to 4711 to poison myself with!

Man that Fumerie Turque is still smoking like 12 hours later. Smells like leather gloves by now.

I'm not sure how this happened, but right now I'm wearing (at the same time):

Xeryus Rouge, Silver Mountain Water, Dali Pour Homme, Pi Fraiche, Eau Parfumé au Thé Rouge and Fumerie Turque.
    I don't think the Xeryus Rouge is really appropriate to wear with the other five. Next time you wear those other five, I'd suggest using the original Xeryus instead.
    Renato

I don't think there'll be a next time! However, you're right Xeryus Rouge does not fit in there. That's what I had put on that morning, and it was faded by the time I started mindlessly shcpritzing myself with whatever was lying around while I was watching Deep Space Nine.

Pi Fraiche also clashed. Dali just clashes even by itself!

The Rouge and Fumerie Turque actually go well along with the SMW. I could see Xeryus fitting in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I don't think the Xeryus Rouge is really appropriate to wear with the other five. Next time you wear those other five, I'd suggest using the original Xeryus instead.
    Renato

I don't think there'll be a next time! However, you're right Xeryus Rouge does not fit in there. That's what I had put on that morning, and it was faded by the time I started mindlessly shcpritzing myself with whatever was lying around while I was watching Deep Space Nine.

Pi Fraiche also clashed. Dali just clashes even by itself!

The Rouge and Fumerie Turque actually go well along with the SMW. I could see Xeryus fitting in too.
    I think I understand now - the early episodes of Deep Space Nine can do that to you.
    The only character I ever really liked on that show was Garak.
    Renato

Talking Re: What's going to happen to me?

You have been smited by the Crazy Layering Fiendish Basenoter Women!
    That is what HAPPENED!!!!!!!
    As for what WILL happen....I predict that this is JUST THE BEGINNING!!!
    MWhaa HAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

WHile I have been known to layer a bit, perhaps under yours and moondeva's evil influence, I actually did this completely mindlessly, it was no layering experiement!

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41
    You have been smited by the Crazy Layering Fiendish Basenoter Women!
    That is what HAPPENED!!!!!!!
    As for what WILL happen....I predict that this is JUST THE BEGINNING!!!
    MWhaa HAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHile I have been known to layer a bit, perhaps under yours and moondeva's evil influence, I actually did this completely mindlessly, it was no layering experiement!
    that's what they all say.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Watchoutalkin'boutwillis?

I'm not a big fan of TV, but boy do I love my Deep Space Nine! I like most of the Characters except I'm racist against Bajorans. They are sooo whiteass.

Maybe it's because I started watching it while I was in the throes of a miserable heartbreak, but I just love that show.

Garak and Quark especially. I remember counting once, and there were about 27 fully devellopped recurring characters on that show! All the families and girlfriends and kids. Bring a tear to me eye.

And Captain Sisko - just like Kirk he's a terrible actor and a wonderful Captain, perfect for the role.

Did you see the episode when Sisko was hallucinating being a writer in the 1950's and all the usual characters were there without alien makeup! They all had atrocious bronx accents. Terrible. Great episode! That's what I was watching while fumigating myself.

I think I understand now - the early episodes of Deep Space Nine can do that to you.
    The only character I ever really liked on that show was Garak.
    Renato

This was an interesting thread, to say the least. ...

We havent heard from Caesar today ... hope hes ok ...
    -

Watchoutalkin'boutwillis?

I'm not a big fan of TV, but boy do I love my Deep Space Nine! I like most of the Characters except I'm racist against Bajorans. They are sooo whiteass.

Maybe it's because I started watching it while I was in the throes of a miserable heartbreak, but I just love that show.

Garak and Quark especially. I remember counting once, and there were about 27 fully devellopped recurring characters on that show! All the families and girlfriends and kids. Bring a tear to me eye.

And Captain Sisko - just like Kirk he's a terrible actor and a wonderful Captain, perfect for the role.

Did you see the episode when Sisko was hallucinating being a writer in the 1950's and all the usual characters were there without alien makeup! They all had atrocious bronx accents. Terrible. Great episode! That's what I was watching while fumigating myself.
    That was the episode where they paid homage to the SF writers of the Golden Age (30s and 40s) - an interesting premise. I still think their two most memorable episodes were the Tribble one with Kirk, and the one where Sisko agonises over Garak having assassinated the Romulans.

However, I think there is something wrong with a series where the most interesting character isn't any of the main protaganists, but the sneaky Cardassian who puts in an occasional appearance.

Also, their space battles stopped making much sense. Capital ships were being lost routinely in huge numbers without bringing the Federation to its knees. Also, whereas in the original series space warfare took place in volumes over tens of thousands of kilometers, in this series they loved have battles where they were always more densely packed than were the ships at the Battle of Trafalgar. And most annoyingly, with billions of cubic kilometers of space to pick from, Federation ships always managed to come out of warp 200 meters away from a cloaked Klingon or Romulan ship (in the original series, cloaked ships could only travel on Impluse drive, but in the later series, they could also do it on Warp drive - meaning that they could have easily destroyed any Federation ships whenever they wanted to, but they didn't for some unknown reason).
    Renato

Pleeease don't make me reveal what a sad trekkie I am.

Voyager is far and away the best of trek.
    Enterprise is the worst.

Better get back onto perfume before this thread gets moved.

What scent would have definitely kept Diana Troy away?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Deanna Troi ... h'm, what scent would keep her away? Guerlain's Vetiver. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig
    Deanna Troi ... h'm, what scent would keep her away? Guerlain's Vetiver. :-)
    Do you think Johnny Weir and Deanna Troi would wear the same fragrance??? Anyway, Troi is an empath, so I bet she'd know what scent you'd want her to wear and have that already spritzed on for your counseling session.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

That's what gets me - surely an empath would have figured out how not to be so corny and annoying?
    I reckon she would hate powerplay scents. I'm off to replicate some Bois de Portugal mixed with Serge Lutens Arabie.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

That is one counselling session I'd look forward to! ;-)

Johnny Weir ... hehehe...

By the way - I happen to know that Tuvok wears Vetiver Extordinaire.

reviews

You sure know this show for someone who doesn't like it much!

Those were indeed outstanding episodes. As for battles not making sense - when it comes to TV and even most films, battles usually make no sense! Not a big fan of battles anyhow, it's the interpersonal drama and the ass heads that I love best.

And I do love most of the characters, except those honky white assed Bajorans. And Kira is only good when her haircut is good. How can you not a like a captain with that badass goatee and who can sing tenor and cool a mean jumbalaya?

That was the episode where they paid homage to the SF writers of the Golden Age (30s and 40s) - an interesting premise. I still think their two most memorable episodes were the Tribble one with Kirk, and the one where Sisko agonises over Garak having assassinated the Romulans.

However, I think there is something wrong with a series where the most interesting character isn't any of the main protaganists, but the sneaky Cardassian who puts in an occasional appearance.

Also, their space battles stopped making much sense. Capital ships were being lost routinely in huge numbers without bringing the Federation to its knees. Also, whereas in the original series space warfare took place in volumes over tens of thousands of kilometers, in this series they loved have battles where they were always more densely packed than were the ships at the Battle of Trafalgar. And most annoyingly, with billions of cubic kilometers of space to pick from, Federation ships always managed to come out of warp 200 meters away from a cloaked Klingon or Romulan ship (in the original series, cloaked ships could only travel on Impluse drive, but in the later series, they could also do it on Warp drive - meaning that they could have easily destroyed any Federation ships whenever they wanted to, but they didn't for some unknown reason).
    Renato
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 8th January 2007 at 03:28 PM.

Pardon my ignorance, but who's Johnny Weir?

Joop! Would keep Troi away, just as it will keep any human or alien away in our own time. That's what they used to fight species 8472. Layer Joop with Kouros and Zino and you'll destroy the whole alpha quadrant.

I do like Voyager, especially the Doctor and 7 of 9, but DS9 and the Original Series are the tops for me. I

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    Pleeease don't make me reveal what a sad trekkie I am.

Voyager is far and away the best of trek.
    Enterprise is the worst.
    Good to see we're not alone. However, Voyager the best?

Remember that episode where Voyager was taken over, the crew was dumped on the planet, and Seska and her allies flew off in the ship? I was thinking - please keep that ship going away from the planet, don't come back, end this series now - please!

It certainly improved later on however, though it should have been retitled Star Trek: 7 of 9.

I was relatively unimpressed with Enterprise for the first two seasons, watchable but nothing to write home about. But Seasons 3 and 4 were, in my opinion, the most compelling seasons of any Star Trek ever. I couldn't believe it when they cancelled it. The Zindi war of season 3 and the mirror universe episodes of season 4 are absolute standouts of brilliance on TV.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the next movie they're making.
    Renato

Pardon my ignorance, but who's Johnny Weir?
    Exactly!
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

You sure know this show for someone who doesn't like it much!

Those were indeed outstanding episodes. As for battles not making sense - when it comes to TV and even most films, battles usually make no sense! Not a big fan of battles anyhow, it's the interpersonal drama and the ass heads that I love best.

And I do love most of the characters, except those honky white assed Bajorans. And Kira is only good when her haircut is good. How can you not a like a captain with that badass goatee and who can sing tenor and cool a mean jumbalaya?
    I've watched every episode. I just don't like poor scripting when it could have been made right with little effort. I guess I got spoiled by the very tightly written Babylon 5, which was made at the same time - and where I did indeed like all the characters.

Deep Space Nine only got relatively interesting when it started copying Babylon 5's long story arc formula.

I still can't understand how they made the Bajorans so unlikeable. The Captain was very good at times, but I didn't like the Emissary all that much - and they were the same person. I must admit, however, that the interactions between Julian and the Chief grew to be quite amusing.
    Renato

What's this about a new movie? Is it an enterprise movie?

Enterprise was occasionally very good. The theme song was hideously unbearable though! I actually preferred it when enterprise was doing one shot stories vs the season long zindi plots.

DS9 did get better later on, and the characters were two dimensional on the first season, but for what it was - TV - I do enjoy it. Julian and the Chief were wonderful, as were Garak and Dukat who I find to be great actors.

Westermore the alien designer is really unimaginative.

Never got to see babylon 5.

Hey speaking of fragrance, did you see the episode where the was a perfume merchant who was there to assassinate someone (I think Garak?) and Odo sussed him out when he was going to mix three fragrances together that would have exploded! That was Joop! Zino and Kouros.

What's this about a new movie? Is it an enterprise movie?

Enterprise was occasionally very good. The theme song was hideously unbearable though! I actually preferred it when enterprise was doing one shot stories vs the season long zindi plots.

DS9 did get better later on, and the characters were two dimensional on the first season, but for what it was - TV - I do enjoy it. Julian and the Chief were wonderful, as were Garak and Dukat who I find to be great actors.

Westermore the alien designer is really unimaginative.

Never got to see babylon 5.

Hey speaking of fragrance, did you see the episode where the was a perfume merchant who was there to assassinate someone (I think Garak?) and Odo sussed him out when he was going to mix three fragrances together that would have exploded! That was Joop! Zino and Kouros.
    Hmmm - that episode escapes me.

If you ever get the chance to watch Babylon 5 - from the initial pilot two hour episode - I suggest you do so. I thought it was okay for the first 8 episodes, then I realised things were creeping in from earlier episodes among the one shot episodes. Then followed 5 years of the most addictive SF series I'd ever come across. I own all the DVDs of it, but not one of the Star Trek ones.

Last I heard, the new movie was not going to be an Enterprise movie, but something different.
    Renato