Code of Conduct

Default Long Lost Perfumes

Has anyone had any experiences with this company good or otherwise?

I eventually found them by trying to search for a perfume that I had heard
    had been discontinued (Casaque) but I wasn't prepared to do without.

The original was by Jean d'Albret and was my signature scent in the late 70's.

They do a replica of it which smells almost identical. The only disappointment
    was the rather boring bottle. They were very professional with great customer
    relations and even shipped to the U.K.

Irma Shorell is the director I believe.

Anyone heard of them.

Default Re: Long Lost Perfumes

Yessum! Had your same experience with My Sin. A nice almost-equivalent with a no-nonsense bottle. (BTW I LOVED Casaque too. Do you remember the movie "Casaque D'Or" with the incomparable Jeanne Moureau?)

Think the real Irma Shorell has left us but the company that bears her name does the work.

Have also come to the conclusion that past glories - if discontinued - must be hunted down in flea markets and obscure parfumeries (where on risks decay). Or either (as we say here in the South) be abandoned for present glories! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kewart
    Has anyone had any experiences with this company good or otherwise?

I eventually found them by trying to search for a perfume that I had heard
    had been discontinued (Casaque) but I wasn't prepared to do without.

The original was by Jean d'Albret and was my signature scent in the late 70's.

They do a replica of it which smells almost identical. The only disappointment
    was the rather boring bottle. They were very professional with great customer relations and even shipped to the U.K.

Irma Shorell is the director I believe.

Anyone heard of them.
    I have definitely heard of them and have been eyeing quite a few of their blends for quite a while. I am pleased to hear that there renditions are close to the original.
    Sadly many of the perfumes I lust after, from their catalogue, were unavailable before I even knew I loved perfume. In most cases I have little to no chance of experiencing the originals but I had hoped that there spirit and beauty were living on in this form. I would love to experience Crepe de Chine, Bakir, and Ecusson as they all appear to be potential HG scents to me.
    I have been lucky enough to experience the original My Sin, Bond Street, and Replique and would dearly love to discover that they are still available...
    I have read in reviews that their Donna Karan Chaos version (Anarchy) is not comparable to the original so I have not tried them. I think may be I should begin with the ones I can do a direct comparison with and see how it goes from there. I must admit, I would prefer a close copy to not having access to some of these beauties at all.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I've bought a few of their fragrances and have been pleased. Their versions of the old Faberges were better than the old Faberges, and Iwas pleased with their version of Revlon's Intimate too. My favorites are their remakes of Le de Givenchy and Tuvara. Rue de Rivoli settles into Le de Givenchy but starts off a bit loud

I've been meaning to try LLP's venezia but have not done so

The one I was unhappy with was My Sin, this one only approached its namesake in the last vestiges of drydown. Most of the LLPs are closer throughout.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 7th January 2007 at 06:04 PM.

One more thumbs up, LLP frags are great value for money, too.
    My faves are Bakir and Tuvache Tuvara.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    Do you remember the movie "Casaque D'Or" with the incomparable Jeanne Moureau?
    It's Casque d'Or ("Golden Helmet") and Simone Signoret (not Jeanne Moreau) in the lead, but yes, great film.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    One more thumbs up, LLP frags are great value for money, too.
    My faves are Bakir and Tuvache Tuvara.

I'll have to retry Bakir now. I went on a big buying spree about a year ago and have this one too.

I believe one of the online stores have LLPs at a discounted price

Blog Entries

A little off topic I am afraid but does anyone else notice distinct similarities between Lanvin My Sin and Givenchy III??
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

I have used them on two occasions and have been completely satisfied with their customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by moondeva
    A little off topic I am afraid but does anyone else notice distinct similarities between Lanvin My Sin and Givenchy III??
    Yes!

My grandmother used to wear My Sin, and I have a sample of Givenchy III that someone sent me recently, and it is quite similar. My Sin may have been slightly sweeter.

I've never tried any of this company's perfumes but this is just in reference to the not-so-interesting bottles:
    Anthropologie, a trendy clothing chain that also does accessories and household items, has some really lovely looking perfume bottles. Perhaps you could get some of them and decant these replicas into them? They've never been used for any other fragrances before, so you wouldn't have to worry about tainting the scent.
    You can shop on-line at anthropologie.com. I like their stuff, but man, is it expensive!

A couple of days ago during my stay in New York City I stopped in a drugstore on Madison Ave. and has time to sniff Crepe de Chine, Bakir, Ecusson, My Sin, Replique, and Royal Secret (not sure if Royal Secret is LLP?). I loved Bakir. In any case, they all smelled wonderful and were extremely reasonably priced. My mother used to wear My Sin, and the My Sin I smelled absolutely had the same "feel".