Code of Conduct

Default SotD Sunday 22 April

Finally I'm wearing the fragrance of the month aka Folavril

Enjoy your Sunday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Sunday 22 April

Wearing the Mitsouko Deodrant this morning...
    Will be switiching to Diorissimo after my shower.

ma griffe - carven
    Wishlist is pointless.

Same as yesterday - LV Vetiver

-T-

A secound day with Coco Chanel EdP and bodylotion.

It is sooo wonderful, and I am guessing that I, at the age of 56 1/2, will find out that I am a Chanel-girl...!

I am really grateful to not have worn the Chanel-perfumes - exept No 5 - until resently, so they are new to me. When I started to try to get an overwiew of what perfumes there are available, for about almost one and a half year ago, I never imagened the Chanels would get me the most hooked. This is a great surprice to me, but a truly nice surprice.
    Last edited by Margareta; 22nd April 2007 at 08:31 AM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I wear Patou Forever.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

My scent of the day is Angel edp, the choice of my b.f's son for me today

Creed Royal Delight

Good sunday to all of you! Riannon, where are you hanging out dear?
    Last edited by BrothaG; 22nd April 2007 at 11:41 AM.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

L'Erbolario's Myrrhae, I'm enjoying the kick of clary sage in it.

Coromandel - a bit pradaish; but more subtle and at the same time more longlasting.

Ava Luxe Cafe Noir. You know that drooling sound Homer Simpson makes when he sees donuts? I'm making that now.

Drooling redux here in Ava Luxe's Wild Blackberry Musk. Notes : Wild blackberries, Madagascar vanilla, white rose, skin musk, animalic notes. Right now it's in it's blackberry jam phase. Yummers!!! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

La Perla original for a lazy day of house chores and sorting out thoughts after the trip down to Austin. Good to be home after all the striking contrasts!

Best thoughts to lievje, hope your shoulder heals soon.

How are Goddess_Dreams and Vinterdroppe doing? Have not seen them around for some while and been missing them. :wave:
    Last edited by Twolf; 22nd April 2007 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Margareta View Post
    A secound day with Coco Chanel EdP and bodylotion.

It is sooo wonderful, and I am guessing that I, at the age of 56 1/2, will find out that I am a Chanel-girl...!

I am really grateful to not have worn the Chanel-perfumes - exept No 5 - until resently, so they are new to me. When I started to try to get an overwiew of what perfumes there are available, for about almost one and a half year ago, I never imagened the Chanels would get me the most hooked. This is a great surprice to me, but a truly nice surprice.
    Margareta, I see your fave list is getting loooonger...
    I feel the same as you regarding the house of Chanel..my new finds, after rediscovering no.19, a longstanding love, are Coco and Cristalle, and I was surprised at how much I love them!

Today I am wearing HIMALAYA again, with a modest spritz of Sa Majeste la Rose on each wrist, or rather, spritzed on one and then pressed to the other. Both of these scents are potent standing alone, quantity is important for layering success.
    I feel like having discovered a fragrant rose bush kissed with dew after reaching the crest of a mountain foothill. Not bad for a Sunday morning.
    My feet hurt from a long week in the ER and not ready to go back tomorrow, so I will deeply savor this day. My wish to all of you as well!

Renee
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    Margareta, I see your fave list is getting loooonger...
    I feel the same as you regarding the house of Chanel..my new finds, after rediscovering no.19, a longstanding love, are Coco and Cristalle, and I was surprised at how much I love them!
    Oh, how grate you also experienced the Chanels like this, rtamara41!

They are remakable, these Chanels we are talking about, No 19, Coco and Cristalle. In my collection, they just took the place as faves, emidiatly they came into my collecition, without me even have to concern it. They are not the loudest, they are not the most extreme beauties, they are simply the best, the most lovable. All three demand their places as faves.... And I am not the person to resist them!

Have a nice sunday, all BN:s!
    Last edited by Margareta; 22nd April 2007 at 02:50 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Doing a wrist to wrist comparison of No.19 parfum & Halston's Catalyst. I find them amazingly similar in the topnotes then Catalyst becomes much softer & more floral. They could be siblings but not twins

Basenotes Institution

Indian Summer by Ava Luxe

Second day in Ava Luxe: Little Love this am, now it's Sheer Pomegranate. Lievje, all the best for your shoulder!
    Have a lovely Sunday, all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Got my "days" mixed up re. Ava Luxe, so I will wear my Cafe Noir sample later in the week...

Today it's Guerlain's Bois d'Armenie for me.

Have a phenomenal Sunday, one and all...
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Got my "days" mixed up re. Ava Luxe, so I will wear my Cafe Noir sample later in the week...

Today it's Guerlain's Bois d'Armenie for me.

Have a phenomenal Sunday, one and all...
    Hey Diva! How are you doing lately? Hope all is fine there.
    Last edited by BrothaG; 22nd April 2007 at 04:25 PM.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Gorgeous Spring day....Diorella!

Chant d'Aromes for me this morning.

Jo Malone Lime Basil Mandarin.
    I like the early stages quite a bit but the drydown is a bit stale.

I'm testing Bond West Side today (thanks for the sample, rtamara41!)
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Kingdom during the day. Post bath, I'm sampling Agent Provocateur and AP Eau Emotionelle. I figured they deserved a second chance, and I'm quite smitten with the original AP, didn't get on with it all on first sampling a while back.

I´ve been wearing Kingdom today. Forgot to post until I saw Hebe´s reply...:wave:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

OK Musse, now you've reminded me. I was wearing Attrape Coeur this morning. Now I'm trying Shalimar in the EDP. Will revert back to the Attrape Coeur tonight. I love it.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Dimples :Been sampling Lolita Lempicka L and Eau de Merveilles today.I really liked L.It reminded me of somethig I've smelled some years back,but can't recall what.somewhat woody,but also spicy.Eau de Merveilles was quite similar to Pure Poison on my skin,only more complex.Woody,but also very fresh.Nice for summer.

Wearing a favourite from last summer, Gucci Envy Me 2 for the first time this year. Sweet yet fresh it has orange, magnolia and heliotrope among its list of notes. I wish this scent had a unique name instead of being tagged with the 'Envy' label.

With Ava Luxe Wild Blackberry Musk still going strong, am going to layer with (heresy!) Miller Harris Figue Amere for a fruity bedtime!! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

decided to try Maitresse by Agent Provocateur today...not the best fragrance I've smelt, but definitely one I can wear without a problem

Ava Luxe samples haven't arrived yet so I'm wearing my new Jala.

On one shoulder PdN Mimosaique
    on the other shoulder my all time fave L'Artisan Mimosa pour Moi

Polo Double Black....Gary