Code of Conduct

Default I'm hooked and it's basenote's fault =/

OK, a few weeks ago I posted an inquiry about what scent I should wear to my high school semi-formal. I got a fair amount of suggestions and honestly I had no idea where to start, so I just chose a random one =D. I ended up purchasing, without ever testing (risky I know), D&G PH. But the risk paid off and it was much better than I had hoped for!! I was very conservative with the application and my date, as well as several other girls, complimented me non-stop ( wow this is sounding like an infomercial). Anyways, after this positive experience I'm compelled to try out many many more fragrances. In fact, right after the dance I bought Azzaro Chrome, Issey Miyake, and Halston Unbound. I requested a sample of A*men and am also considering purchasing Rochas Man as soon as I can test it out. Anyways..I just wanted to say DAMN YOU basenotes members for making me want to spend all my money on fragrances!! JK, what I actually wanted to say was that I appreciate all your helpful suggestions =D

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: I'm hooked and it's basenote's fault =/

Glad things worked out well for you at the party.

Getting into fragrances, like any other interest can take some time. It seems like it could have been easy for you to just settle on the first one you chose, considering its effect, but you took it a step further. Hope you have fun with your new adventures!

Excellent choice in the D&G PH! I would strongly suggest you don't buy blind anymore, get samples, you'll thanks me! :-)
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig
    Excellent choice in the D&G PH! I would strongly suggest you don't buy blind anymore, get samples, you'll thanks me! :-)
    I tried Azzaro Chrome, Issey Miyake, and Halston Unbound before I bought them. Angel Men caught my attention because it seems to be the most controversial. I smelled it a while ago, and I thought it was incredibly sweet, and slightly cloying. At the time I remember thinking that I would have liked A*men much more if it weren't so strong, sweet, and if it were a bit more masculine, if you know of any gourmands that fit this description please enlighten me. I don't exactly remember how A*men smelled so I've requested a sample. Rochas Man sparked my interest because it seems like a more subtle, uncloying (is that a word?) version of A*men.

in my story...
    basenotes is now an extra "aim" chatting place or just another distraction from accomplishing my homeork asap.....
    but it's all worth it....
    not pissed...
    thanks for all the help....
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

I'm in the same boat. High school senior here. Asked a question 1-2 weeks ago, and I've bought two bottles (L'eau par kenzo and Gaultier2) since, and I'm strongly considering Terre d'Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by schoolglue
    At the time I remember thinking that I would have liked A*men much more if it weren't so strong, sweet, and if it were a bit more masculine, if you know of any gourmands that fit this description please enlighten me.
    Try to get a hold of Guerlain L'Instaint pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolglue
    Angel Men caught my attention because it seems to be the most controversial. I smelled it a while ago, and I thought it was incredibly sweet, and slightly cloying. At the time I remember thinking that I would have liked A*men much more if it weren't so strong, sweet, and if it were a bit more masculine, if you know of any gourmands that fit this description please enlighten me.
    This sounds like B*Men to a tee — a more wearable, less sweet version of A*Men.

Congrats on your purchases. Stick around and you will pick up alot of knowledge. Keep sniffing and testing scents and you will find what you like and do not like. Either way, welcome abroad!

Was getting ready for an outing at a friends place and he had A*men on his table so i just sprayed a couple on myself...

I didnt know what quite to make of it at the time...i liked what it smelled like but just wished it was a bit more subtle... Couple days later i tested Givenchy's Very Irresistable. It was slightly different from the A*men but had that mocha thing as well it...

In the end it was the Givenchy that got the *gong* from me.
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Try to get a hold of Guerlain L'Instaint pour Homme.
    I second the advice! Guerlain L'Instant is indeed one of the best oriental/gourmand ever made!

P.S.: Rochas man could also be the natural choice for someone who thinks A*Men is a bit strong.

Another suggestions:
    - Gucci Envy
    - S.T.Dupont Signature