Code of Conduct

Default Roger & Gallet - The Vert & Eau de Gingembre

I bought these two blind in a single gift pack together with their respective soaps today, as they were going at a fairly cheap price.

Basenotes has Eau de The Vert as masculine and Eau de Gingembre as unisex. OsMoz has Gingembre as feminine. Perfumeworld has The Vert as unisex.

I thought the Vert was unisex, and Gingembre as slightly feminine.

My ladyfriend thought they were both feminine, and relieved me of them, and took them home.

Did I make a mistake conceding them to her?
    Renato

Default Re: Roger & Gallet - The Vert & Eau de Gingembre

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I thought the Vert was unisex, and Gingembre as slightly feminine.
    I think exactly the same, but EauDG can become very masculine on the drydown too.
    My sister got one bottle of EaudG for herself.
    But neither is overtly femenine like, say, Eau de Lotus Bleu or even Bouquet Imperiale.
    So, in response to the question, i'd say you made a mistake only if you liked them both and gave into "peer pressure".

I find the The Vert to be a bit feminine. The tea is great but the citrus that accompanies it is what bothers me, for some reason (though I love citrus and wear it a lot). It would be a better scent if it was just the tea note! I gave mine to my wife, but still use it occasionally. The R&Gs have great longevity for that style of scent.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Wink Re: Roger & Gallet - The Vert & Eau de Gingembre

I personally like the Gingembre a lot, but if you havnīt yet tried Open from Roger & Gallet please try it. I think itīs one of the most underrated mens fragrances. Itīs a very natural smelling perfume - like standing in the middle of a field in the provence in summer - heavenly and uplifting !!!

You made a mistake letting her take The Vert. A wonderful rendition of green tea that is very refreshing in the summer. Yes, there is a good bit of citrus in the topnotes but Vert is a great change of pace from more conventional citruses, and smells quite masculine on this man's skin.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    I think exactly the same, but EauDG can become very masculine on the drydown too.
    My sister got one bottle of EaudG for herself.
    But neither is overtly femenine like, say, Eau de Lotus Bleu or even Bouquet Imperiale.
    So, in response to the question, i'd say you made a mistake only if you liked them both and gave into "peer pressure".
    Thanks, I'll have to borrow it back and test the drydown properly.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    I find the The Vert to be a bit feminine. The tea is great but the citrus that accompanies it is what bothers me, for some reason (though I love citrus and wear it a lot). It would be a better scent if it was just the tea note! I gave mine to my wife, but still use it occasionally. The R&Gs have great longevity for that style of scent.
    Interesting how your perception differs from that by some of the reviewers at Basenotes, who gave it as an unequivocal masculine scent. You're right about the longevity.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by david
    I personally like the Gingembre a lot, but if you havnīt yet tried Open from Roger & Gallet please try it. I think itīs one of the most underrated mens fragrances. Itīs a very natural smelling perfume - like standing in the middle of a field in the provence in summer - heavenly and uplifting !!!
    Unfortunately, Roger and Gallet stuff isn't readily available down here. I'll keep an eye out for Open on my next vacation to Europe later this year.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by levente
    You made a mistake letting her take The Vert. A wonderful rendition of green tea that is very refreshing in the summer. Yes, there is a good bit of citrus in the topnotes but Vert is a great change of pace from more conventional citruses, and smells quite masculine on this man's skin.
    I'll let her try them both properly first then, depending on the outcome, a repossession may be in order!
    Renato