Code of Conduct

Default New: Emerald Dream by Estée Lauder.

Estée Lauder is launching its first specialy created for duty free fragrance: Emerald Dream. There were travel exclusives in the past: like Pleasures Exotic and Pleasures Intense for Men, but this time it's not a flanker.

I saw this ad on www.moodiereport.com ... the ad links me to Estée Lauder's US website which I can't access from my PC at home (same with MAC cosmetics). Maybe if you go there, there will be more info about the notes.
    Last edited by Grant; 11th January 2007 at 07:02 AM. Reason: spelling in title

Default Re: New: Emerald Dream by Estée Lauder.

Thanks for the info Cedric -- I've managed to get hold of some info here:

Emerald Dream - Estee Lauder's new travel retail fragrance
    by Grant Osborne, 11 January 2007.
    Estee Lauder are to launch their latest travel retail exclusive fragrance: Emerald Dream - "a captivating new fragrance which will exhilarate your senses, gently beckoning with an invigorating blend of sparkling freshness, alluring warmth and smooth sensuality."...[more]

I like the imagery and I think it sounds yummy! Apricot, basil, "beach skin accord"....I hope it is not a CB The Beach 1968 copy on the "beach skin"...here we have an example of trickle-up fashion. Anyway, I dig the imagery and I want to try it. My next trip that I know of is March...I will certainly look out for it in the duty frees.

Does anyone remember a frag made by (I think) Dior called "Traveller" or "Voyage" or something? I saw this one in a duty free about 3 years ago, LOVED IT, didn't buy it, and have never been able to find out anything about it again. I don't remember the name for certain or the house, but the name of the frag definitely had to do with travel. The juice was clear, I think, or the lightest shade of yellow/tawny. I can not recall the notes, just that I liked it. It was sexy yet light, fun but not frivolous. A perfect encapsulation of a modern woman who is confident, financially secure, sexually secure, fashionable, and well-travelled.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Thanks a lot for the news (both ced and Bnotes) it sounds very good, can't wait to test it.

Talking Re: New: Emerald Dream by Estée Lauder.

Quote Originally Posted by Basenotes Admin
    Thanks for the info Cedric -- I've managed to get hold of some info here:

Emerald Dream - Estee Lauder's new travel retail fragrance
    by Grant Osborne, 11 January 2007.
    Estee Lauder are to launch their latest travel retail exclusive fragrance: Emerald Dream - "a captivating new fragrance which will exhilarate your senses, gently beckoning with an invigorating blend of sparkling freshness, alluring warmth and smooth sensuality."...[more]
    Where would we be without our esteemed Administrator/Guardian Angel!!

NOW - invite us all to the UK so we can go through Duty Free and stock up on this delicious-sounding frag....:bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    Where would we be without our esteemed Administrator/Guardian Angel!!

NOW - invite us all to the UK so we can go through Duty Free and stock up on this delicious-sounding frag....:bounce:
    I believe we are all invited for lunch on Feb. 24. I'll have to have the oil changed in the Lear.

it may have been "specially" created for Travel Retail, but that's the old prescriptives flirt bottle. not that anyone remembers that one

Now that you say it, I do remember that Flirt bottle (the cap had an off-centered silver ball).

Mooodiereport.com added info about the notes today:
    The juice contains top citrus notes of tangerine blended with fresh ripe apricot, as well as honeysuckle and blue basil.

At the heart lie notes of tropical flowers, including Mediterranean mimosa, violet and blue Florentine iris. Luxurious Emerald Orchid blends with juicy plum, marigold and cyclamen, to bring vibrant colour and depth.

The tropical base notes feature a Beach Skin Accord for balmy sensuality, as well as blue cypress wood, fragrant sandalwood and Hawaiian Kamani wood.

Wink Re: New: Emerald Dream by Estée Lauder.

Travellers set to be captivated by Emerald Dream - 08/02/07
    UK. Estée Lauder is stepping up its travel retail exclusive launch activity with Emerald Dream, consisting of a fragrance, an edp duo set and a lip and eye palette.
    This is what it said at that web site you posted, if it is ok to copy and paste. No idea what notes or what it smells like, Not much help, no idea they had a new fragrance???

Quote Originally Posted by TheCure
    it may have been "specially" created for Travel Retail, but that's the old prescriptives flirt bottle. not that anyone remembers that one
    Ah, I KNEW I recognised it from somewhere.

Sorry for bringing up a year-old thread, but Estée Lauder's Emerald Dream has broken out of travel retail exclusivity and is now at a US retailer.

But it's not the retailer that you would expect, even for Estée Lauder... Ulta (a cosmetics/fragrance/salon chain with stores in 30 US states) is now carrying Emerald Dream in stores and on their website as an Ulta exclusive in the USA, priced at $45 for a 1.7 oz EdP.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Basenotes Institution

Thanks for the news Zach.

I thought ED smelled strikinly similar to Beautiful (also by Lauder) - but unfortunately, the three or four times I wore it, it gave me a stomach ache, nausea. The only fragrance that this has ever happened to me with.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle