Code of Conduct

Default hello..and some help please:)

Hi, I'm new here..on the boards anyway...(I use the site quite a lot and love it!)

I wondered if anyone could help me...
    It's my sister's 21st birthday next month and I want to buy her perfume...but something special, that she wouldn't buy for herself...the problem is that she is quite picky...
    I know that she wears Cerruti 1881 pour femme...and also has some Lagerfeld Sun Moon and Stars...
    However she violently dislikes Eau des Merveilles, and Elixir des Merveilles - the perfumes I wear the most - she says I smell like pee, when I wear them (?!)...anyway, obviously there's a vast gulf between my likes and hers, so I'm a bit worried about picking a perfume for her...

So I was hoping for some suggestions, that you could come up with...

She's..well, almost 21, obviously, very outgoing and friendly - the kind of person that has HUNDREDS of friends, blonde, - not the type to like anything dark or heavy I think, but smart and vivacious...
    I thought of Lipstick Rose...but am not sure if would be too violetty and floral for her...
    I think something quite creamy...would suit her best...

Hope you can give me some ideas, thanks in advance!

Rxx

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: hello..and some help please:)

Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue

Thanks..I think Light Blue is the right sort of scent...but I know a lot of people wear it, and I want something a bit less popular for her...something that is easy to wear but has a little something special...
    xx

Ok..I've had two ideas...
    1. Delices de Cartier
    2. Narciso Rodriguez for Her

What does anyone think of these in regards to someone who likes Cerruti 1881?

I Love Love by Moschino, not very popular and similar to Light Blue.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

I'll cast a vote for NR for Her. Beauteous fragrance. Very pretty.
    Light, musky, rosy. Elicits compliments. My friend's comment was,
    "mmm...that's just so pretty."
    I recommend the edt which is surprisingly warmer than the somewhat sharper more crystalline edp

another recommendation: Coco Chanel. but that's a spicy one,not sure if that's what youre after

I've tried Lipstick Rose , and while instantly pretty, the drydown is somewhat plasticy (I know this is not a word, sorry) reminding me of a Barbie Dolls vinyl purse.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Blog Entries

Hello again merle!

I have answered your thread in the main female forum concerning this.

Reading your description of your sister here, I am even more convinced that at least a few of the many I have suggested to you would be pleasing to your sister.

Having read your fuller description below I would like to add a few more recommendations :

Calvin Klein Eternity
    Dolce & Gabbana Woman (red cap)
    Lorenzo Villoresi Musk
    L'Artisan la Chasse aux Papillon
    Rochas Byzance
    Jasper Conran II Woman
    Serge Lutens Claire du Musc

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Thanks everyone for all your help!
    I had thought of La CHasse aux Papillons actually!...aarrgghh, I guess I'm just worried about spending a fair amount of money ( I'm a poor student - woe is me lol) on something she may not like or use, and I want to give her something she'll really like...
    I'm leaning towards the Eclat d'Arpege by Lanvin...just slightly woried it may be too powdery or musky...
    But I think I'm overcomplicating things lol
    It's so hard to buy something for someone whose tastes are so different from yours...I keep getting swayed by what I like (warm, ambery, salty, myrrhy....argh, completely the wrong direction...)...

Thanks again!