Code of Conduct

Default Some CdG questions (Incense Series and Vettiveru)

I sampled some of them today, but sadly they didn't have Kyoto.
    I like Zagorsk pretty much, can someone compare it to Kyoto and comment on the longevity? Which of the Incense series works best in warmer weather?
    Also, in direct comparison on my hands, I think Skai and Zagorsk seem to converge into something very similar. Anyone else notice this?

Also, can someone compare the longevity of Vettiveru to M7 Fresh and/or Concentree d'Orange Vert?

Thanks!

Default Re: Some CdG questions (Incense Series and Vettiveru)

Kyoto is very different from Zagorsk, warm as opposed to cool and "urban" as opposed to snowy Russian countryside. The longevity is pretty much the same. Because of its "coolness" Zagorsk is the best Incense Series scent for summer.

Don't find any similarity between Skai and Zagorsk.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Thanks!

Yes I was too quick, Skai retains more smokiness while Zagorsk seems almost citrusy. I did apply a bit less of that, though. Still can't quite picture what Kyoto is all about, maybe I'll go to that store again in a couple of weeks...

Anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja
    Also, can someone compare the longevity of Vettiveru to M7 Fresh and/or Concentree d'Orange Vert?
    Well since Tigs took care of your first few questions, and I agreed with her, I can adress this one.

Vettiveru has better longetivity than you'd imagine from a cologne. I put some on one of my hands after reading this post before work today and I can still feel it very clear 11 hours and a shower later. Concentré d'Orange Vert was my SOTD yesterday and while I can feel it going for quite some time (I think only I noticed that though), very little remains after a work day. The Hermès wears a bit thin while Vettiveru stays quite full bodied the day out.

Thrax

I just got into the incense series and I MADLY LOVE Kyoto, and Avignon. The only one I do not plan on purchasing is Jaisalmer cause it is just to dry for me. As for the longevity of the two I own, they are damn fine. I put Kyoto on today before I went into work at 11 and at 8:30 I could still smell it.

In my opinion, Concentree doesn't hold a scented candle to Vettiveru. For a cologne splash, Vettiveru lasts all friggin day on me, to the point where it annoys me if it gets on my clothes. Concentree will last, at best, a few hours. That said, sillage is low for Vettiveru, but I think its a superior cologne.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

For me Zagorsk has the perfect mixture of deep musky pine and the kind of incense that is burned at a Catholic funeral - two scent families that I happen to like a lot. As far as the dry vs warm idea, the overall presentation seems warm to me. Pretty long lasting too. I've only used it in cold weather but my guess is that it wouldn't be too overbearing in the summer.

Cheers.