Code of Conduct

Default Daytime office frag suggestions...

Im looking for a daytime fragrance I can wear to work this winter. I was thinking of returning back to Chanel's Allure Homme, which I havnt used for a few years, would this be ok or can anyone suggest something better? Cheers.

Default Re: Daytime office frag suggestions...

'Better' is such a relative thing...

That said, I have two that are my backstop, 'safe' and comfortable office scents:
    Lanvin L'Homme
    Baldessarini by Hugo Boss

Blog Entries

My favorite "office" frags are:

Burberry Touch
    Gendarme
    TM Cologne
    Clinique Happy
    KC Reaction
    CK one & CK be

I wear MOST of my frags to the office at one time or another, but the ones I just mentioned are my faves for the occasion.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Bulgari PH (or Extreme)
    Boucheron PH
    Third Man

Personally, I don't see how anyone can go wrong with Gendarme. It's clean. It's fresh. It's unobtrusive. But best of all...it's not boring like many other "safe" scents IMO.

The one I have worn in the office with the most success is Creed's BdP. It's such a classic scent that no one is offended, and it smells loverly. When I am in the kitchen...no scents. Not on me or anyone else. I also do not like my servers to wear anything...the customer's are there for their experiences and that includes enjoying their own scents...not the helps. my 2 cents.

Check my drobe for my humble opinion! These are the scents that the ladies love,if that's important to you.

Polo Blue
    Dior Homme
    Creed G.I.T
    Angel Men(sparingly please,you don't want to be that obnoxious guy with the cologne)
    Armani Mania
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

I've come around on Dolce & Gabbana's Pour Homme. Kenneth Cole Thermal Reaction is good. Bulgari's Aqva is a nice, light one for office use as well. There are quite a lot.

That said, I don't really bother to chose only "light and fresh" scents for the office, I wear what I like, careful not to overdo things.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

A lot will depend on what type of office environment you work in. As so well put by tonality, workers in a restaurant probably should not wear fragrances. I work in an office and deal with people each day and wear whatever I want that day. I try not to offend anyone and will lightly spray any strong scents.

If wanting something neutral, I am in agreement with Gendarme.

I wear all of my top favorites to the office, and I can attest to the fact that they work very well indeed as office fragrances:
    - Caron L'Impact de Pour un Homme
    - Chanel Egoiste
    - Boucheron Jaipur Homme EDP
    - Serge Lutens Chergui
    - Aramis JHL
    - Czech & Speake Neroli
    - Bulgari Black
    - Diptyque Tam Dao
    - Terre d'Hermes
    - Miller Harris Cuir d'Oranger
    - Christian Dior Farhenheit

Chanel Antaeus is another of my top favorites, and I love to wear it, but I have discovered that Antaeus is sometimes off-putting to folks in my office. Therefore, I wear Antaeus during times when I am not in the office. I think Antaeus makes such a strong statement that it causes some people in my office to feel uncomortable when I wear it.
    Last edited by Rockford; 10th January 2007 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford
    I wear all of my top favorites to the office, and I can attest to the fact that they work very well indeed as office fragrances:
    If applied lightly, any fragrance can work well - I have worn 2 sprays of A*Men to work, and it was quite ok.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    If applied lightly, any fragrance can work well - I have worn 2 sprays of A*Men to work, and it was quite ok.
    So true! So true! Isn't it great to enjoy our favorite scents in all of the places where we spend so much of our time? Yeah!!

Some fragrances that are probably more non-offensive to most people, and that I think work very well in many office environments are:
    - Gendarme Original
    - Gendarme V
    - Gendarme 20
    - Gendarme Grabazzi
    - Geir
    - Guerlain Vetiver
    - Lanvin L'Homme
    - Bulgari pour Homme

Finally, I think Dior Homme is great for the office, and also everywhere else.

Creed OV
    Gendarme
    MH Tangerine Vert
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Penhaligon's Castile
    Kenzo L'eau

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

It is quite difficult to offend someone in office while you wear Cerruti Si:gentle and subtle and generally pleasant.That's another recent launch that it was lost in space very quickly...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford
    Chanel Antaeus is another of my top favorites, and I love to wear it, but I have discovered that Antaeus is sometimes off-putting to folks in my office.
    I wear Antaeus in the office all year. I discovered that 2 sprays of Antaeus is all you need for the office. My female coworkers love it. And as zztopp mentioned previously, 2 sprays works for just about anything.

Allure PH is a great choice for the office and an all-time favorite of mine. Guerlain Heritage might also work well in moderation.

Hugh Parson's Traditional "Blue" fragrance. Right and proper, and a majestic drydown that takes you totally by surprise when you first encounter it. A prince of a fragrance. Should have had the royal warrant.

Douro aka Lords by Penhaligon. Very nice, not sexy, upper class, very upper class fragrance. Impeccable.

Arlington by D.R. Harris. Very light, but in warmer weather not altogether absent. Very pleasant. Mostly for the wearer. Others will note an attractive clean smell that is not soapy or conventional. Maybe Churchill's "other" fragrance.

Dunhill Edition
    John Varvatos
    Polo Blue
    Green Irish Tweed
    Egoiste

John Varvatos does smell nice but on me, it lasted two hours.

I'm in sales and wear Rive Gauche as a darker scent when I'm wearing my typical darker color choices. Clean but not bright and very manly.

Brighter colors and warmer weather, I'm going to wear Chrome ( I did today ). On clothes, it last all day for me. Not an interesting scent, no development but it's clean and not offensive as long as you don't go crazy with it.
    -iStink

Creed GIT
    Creed OV
    Miller Harris Tangerine Vert
    CdG Vettiveru
    Gendarme
    Penahligon's Castile

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Guerlian Vetiver is one I'm going to get for work. I forgot that in my original post.
    Last edited by iStink; 16th February 2007 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
    -iStink

Lalique pour Homme
    Cacharel pour l'Homme
    Zirh Corduroy
    Dinhill Edition
    and Terre d' Hermes

are pretty tame yet different form most contemporary scents. They are priced reasonably which makes them candidates for everyday office wear.

Off-Scenter

I concur on Jaipur Homme EDP and Green Irish Tweed, both recommended earlier. Just don't use too much - both of these really project!