Code of Conduct

Default Millésime Impérial

I'm thinking of buying Millésime Impérial blind. Even thought I'm only 15 I just really want a anytime cologne that will turn heads. Yes, I do have the money and I think I shoul invest it into this fragrance. Two small perfume stores around me carry Creed products and I'm guessing it's going to be authentic there. I love citrus scents but citrus with a kick of some other notes so it doesn't smell like pure lemons so maybe this is perfect for me?

Thoughts on this? Also how much is the MAX I should pay for a 4.0oz of Millésime Impérial?

Default Re: Millésime Impérial

Quote Originally Posted by thisbekevinn
    Even thought I'm only 15 I just really want a anytime cologne that will turn heads. Yes, I do have the money and I think I shoul invest it into this fragrance.
    Who exactly are you trying to impress ? I am sure you can find much cheaper alternatives to Millesime Imperiale ! Any fragrance which requires a heavy outlay, its always better to try first.
    Last edited by zztopp; 9th January 2007 at 11:50 PM.
    -

Test first!

You should be able to get it on the Internet for about $80.

Blog Entries

This one isn't exactly a head-turner. Yes, it smells incredible, but on most it disappears rather quickly. But don't let that turn you off of the fragrance. Maybe you are one of the rare few that can make this one project. I agree w/ Simon, test it first.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    This one isn't exactly a head-turner. Yes, it smells incredible, but on most it disappears rather quickly. But don't let that turn you off of the fragrance. Maybe you are one of the rare few that can make this one project. I agree w/ Simon, test it first.

Hmm I thought this was the long-lasting Creed? Maybe I got it mixed up with some other Creed.
    Last edited by thisbekevinn; 10th January 2007 at 12:11 AM.

I find that it lasts long enough but know that it is rather understated like most Creeds and in MI's case, the drydown is a great deal more conservative than the fruity opening notes.

Hmm I thought this was the long-lasting Creed? Maybe I got it mixed up with some other Creed.
    I'm lucky if it lasts four hours. Millesime Imperial is the most fleeting Creed scent that I've tried. Perhaps Green Irish Tweed is the one you were mixed up with?

BdP is the long lasting one (hmm, maybe I need to alter my signature line below to "scents (except for BdP) are fleeting . . ."
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Thrax

If you want something that is going to turn heads you should really invest in some Geir. Absolutley a head turner, and it lasts a helluva lot longer than Millesime Imperial. You can even get it at a discount if you go to www.beautycafe.com, put it in your cart, and enter "basenotes" as a coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    If you want something that is going to turn heads you should really invest in some Geir. Absolutley a head turner, and it lasts a helluva lot longer than Millesime Imperial.
    Bingo!

Its a EDP, so it has great longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon
    Bingo!

Its a EDP, so it has great longevity.

What does this smell like, how long does it normally last, and are you sure it's better than MI by Creed and now when I think of EDP for mens cologne now I think of Hanae Mori that nasty powerdy sweet scent.

I remember seeing Gier at Nordstrom in downtown Seattle a few days ago because I got excited thinking it was Heir by Paris Hilton, does anyone know where I can get a sample of this before I purchase it? Going to back to downtown Seattle is a hour bus drive
    Last edited by thisbekevinn; 10th January 2007 at 05:00 AM.

There is no "are you sure" in these matters. I don't see how MI and Geir have much to do with one another, and haven't ever gotten into Geir (seemed too cloying), but you might like it. If you want to get a sense for MI, sample the MI rip-off Unforgivable.

Really, if you think about it, buying blind is stupid. It's not rational behavior in the best of circumstances, and certainly not in your situation. You should really hold off on these purchases until after your next trip to Seattle. You can smell Geir at Nordstrom and you can smell just about any Creed that strikes your fancy at Parfumerie Nasreen.

What if you hate them both?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuner_Watson
    Really, if you think about it, buying blind is stupid. It's not rational behavior in the best of circumstances, and certainly not in your situation. You should really hold off on these purchases until after your next trip to Seattle.
    Tuner_Watson is pretty much right in this case, since you will have the
    opportunity to sample both of these soon enough. I must admit, though,
    that I've bought blind before and found great frags. PdN New York and
    FM Vetiver Extraordinaire are two examples. The same has been true
    with Classical Music CDs. Some gems and some duds.

Since Creeds are not cheap, I really recommend sampling first. Also,
    if you are going to buy blind, go to scentiments.com and save yourself
    lots of money over the prices at a store.

1. Its expensive, so you would be a fool to not to sample it first (If you are filthy rich, then go for it. Then again, you dont need fragrances to impress someone )

2. Its really cloyingly sweet to some people, I being one of them.

3. To me, its not THAT impressive.

I wasn't saying that Geir is similar to MI. Just that it may be another good one to check out.

To me, MI is ten times better than Geir. But it's indeed not the longest lasting cologne I own

Geir is as impressive as my sock collection. And is a risky blind buy, judging from the reviews on BN alone.

I think MI is a safe blind buy; its not going to offend anyone and the majority of people will enjoy it. MI always garners compliments, no matter how fleeting the scent. That said, I sure as hell would not pay $150 (and didn't) for it. In fact, scentiments.com has testers of MI for sale, at significantly reduced prices with the same quality.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Kevin, my son is 15. He wears cologne to add to his statement of "who he is". His guitar, hat, hoodie, and so on are all part of his personal signature - his uniqueness. MI would be consistent with that. It would be very unique within the circles you travel. The scent is not pure lemony but a rich blend of nice (and rich) scents. It's not likely to turn many people off. Earlier suggestions to test first if possible are sound advice. Having a bottle of this on the shelf of your locker would probably impress your teachers as well as your pals. As pertains to most things...don't use too much. Good luck!

If MI isn't the long lasting one then is Greem Irish Tweed the only that lasts like all day? Or is it Silver Moutain Water, or Himalaya? I'm looking for the one that lasts forever, well atleast 10 hours.

I'm going to a little perfume store Friday and I'm going to try them and purchase them online. www.scentiments.com is the cheapest place to buy them right? And there 100% authentic at scentiments.com right?

Thanks for the help guys!
    Last edited by thisbekevinn; 11th January 2007 at 01:42 AM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Authentic Creed products at the link to her eBay store below at very reasonable prices. I bought the 4.0oz Creed Himalaya tester and it is real. I would buy again from Clair if I wanted another Creed she handles.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcreedirectQQhtZ-1
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by kbe
    Authentic Creed products at the link to her eBay store below at very reasonable prices. I bought the 4.0oz Creed Himalaya tester and it is real. I would buy again from Clair if I wanted another Creed she handles.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcreedirectQQhtZ-1

How are you likeing Himalaya? Does it last a long time?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

How are you likeing Himalaya? Does it last a long time?
    I really like Himalaya. It seems to be a medium-lasting scent on me, 6-8 hours until it is just lightly still there but still smelling delicious. I usually apply a single light chest spray before dressing and that seems just right. I try not to radiate too much scent with any application and Himalaya applied that way on me seems perfect--great smell but not invasive of others personal space.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe
    I really like Himalaya. It seems to be a medium-lasting scent on me, 6-8 hours until it is just lightly still there but still smelling delicious. I usually apply a single light chest spray before dressing and that seems just right. I try not to radiate too much scent with any application and Himalaya applied that way on me seems perfect--great smell but not invasive of others personal space.

Sounds great, is it your favorite Creed? Or do you like GIT or MI better?

Creed isn't the only fragrance brand out there ya'know. I really don't understand why these situations keep coming up in which someone NEEDS a Creed. At least in my experience, quality aside, I haven't found a Creed scent that consistently turns heads in a positive manner. And you might want to lower your longevity standards... 10 hours is massive and very rare. Creeds overall have pretty average lasting power on me, definately not 10 hours.

Just to simplify and sum things up:
    Himalaya is cologney
    GIT is grassy
    SMW is perfumey
    MI is briney
    SMW lasts the longest
    GIT and Himalaya both haver very average longevity
    MI has the worst longevity of the bunch, but it certainly isn't terrible
    Just for the record, the statements I just made are overly broad and should not be taken 100% literally. I'm just trying to help separate the scents for you since you seem to be getting them mixed up.

I'm not saying that any one of those scents aren't good, but they are certainly not good blind buys. It's easy to order samples of Creed and other niche brands from websites such as Aedes. It's about $15 for 7 or so samples. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    Creed isn't the only fragrance brand out there ya'know. I really don't understand why these situations keep coming up in which someone NEEDS a Creed. At least in my experience, quality aside, I haven't found a Creed scent that consistently turns heads in a positive manner. And you might want to lower your longevity standards... 10 hours is massive and very rare. Creeds overall have pretty average lasting power on me, definately not 10 hours.
    If you want a Creed with 10+ hours longevity, look at Bois Du Portugal, Royal English Leather, Vintage Tabarome, Royal Delight, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed (this one isnt a 10, but more an 8 hour, still good), and quite a few of the womens offerings.

I agree with the Giraffe. Lately there has been little discussion on Creeds, yet all the new members have been seeking out Millesime Imperiale, GIT, etc. I wonder who told them that having a Creed in their wardrobe is absolutely essential. Sure, give them a try, but give some other niche houses a chance too.

As an alternative, why not look at L'Artisan Perfumers (retail bottles cost $75, much lower than Creed) ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    If you want a Creed with 10+ hours longevity, look at Bois Du Portugal, Royal English Leather, Vintage Tabarome, Royal Delight, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed (this one isnt a 10, but more an 8 hour, still good), and quite a few of the womens offerings.

I agree with the Giraffe. Lately there has been little discussion on Creeds, yet all the new members have been seeking out Millesime Imperiale, GIT, etc. I wonder who told them that having a Creed in their wardrobe is absolutely essential. Sure, give them a try, but give some other niche houses a chance too.

As an alternative, why not look at L'Artisan Perfumers (retail bottles cost $75, much lower than Creed) ?

I tried all the L'Artisan Perfumers at the airport a few weeks ago and there not really my type. I've smelt GIT and it smells good to me like it's my taste/style and I just know Creed is a widely known brand. I'm not saying I NEED a Creed in my wardrobe, I'm just saying it will be nice to have one. I sure have the money to buy them, don't worry I'm not broke. I pretty much always have money to spend. I'm going to test Himalaya, GIT, and SMW on Friday or Saturday and buy one online IF IF IF IF I find that there amazing. If there not, I'll keep looking and check out some other niche houses.

I tried all the L'Artisan Perfumers at the airport a few weeks ago and there not really my type. I've smelt GIT and it smells good to me like it's my taste/style and I just know Creed is a widely known brand. I'm not saying I NEED a Creed in my wardrobe, I'm just saying it will be nice to have one. I sure have the money to buy them, don't worry I'm not broke. I pretty much always have money to spend. I'm going to test Himalaya, GIT, and SMW on Friday or Saturday and buy one online IF IF IF IF I find that there amazing. If there not, I'll keep looking and check out some other niche houses.
    Good luck ! Its my favorite house, and I can vouch for Creedirect on Ebay - its authentic stuff.
    -

Just be careful with the SMW. The first time I tested it and then each time I smell it after having given it a break, I really like it. Awesome first impression. But it is so linear and boring and annoying that it just becomes a nuisance. It's slightly sour and perfumey qualities are just relentless. I have heard of other people having the same experience.

Also, I think it's pretty ridiculous to say you tried an entire line at an airport and it's not your style. I'm not saying L'artisan is for everybody, heck, it's not really for me, but it's impossible to have a thourough impression of a line as a whole from such a brief encounter. There is a store in Fremont called Essenza that carries the full L'artisan line along with lots of other niche lines that you should check out if you want to do some re-visiting. They don't carry Creed, but they carry lots of better stuff.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Millésime Impérial

Sounds great, is it your favorite Creed? Or do you like GIT or MI better?
    I would put the order I like my Creeds this way:

1. Bois du Portugal

2. Himalaya

3 GIT

4. Millesime Imperial

5. Erolfa

But the spread is not that great from #1 to #4 on the like list.

Just be careful with the SMW. The first time I tested it and then each time I smell it after having given it a break, I really like it. Awesome first impression. But it is so linear and boring and annoying that it just becomes a nuisance. It's slightly sour and perfumey qualities are just relentless. I have heard of other people having the same experience.
    Good point if I may say so. I find this to be true of SMW and MI. I love them, but they just don't 'go anywhere'. Because of this I have to spray them as minimally as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    Good point if I may say so. I find this to be true of SMW and MI. I love them, but they just don't 'go anywhere'. Because of this I have to spray them as minimally as possible.
    Hmm, I intensely dislike SMW. I can't get over the ink note. MI, however, I think is anything but linear.

As to The_Giraffe's contention that Creed is nothing special, as a novice myself, I've found them to be leagues beyond much of anything else I've tried. Of course, I've not gotten into niche scents so take what I say with a rock of salt. Additionally, I almost never receive compliments when wearing anything BUT Creed. I love MI and Himalaya, like GIT, and am indifferent to most of the other Creed's I've tried, but if I wear MI, Himalaya, or GIT it's almost a guarantee that one or more of the girls at the bar will nuzzle up to me and tell me I smell amazing. Other than an ex-gf who loved John Varvatos, I can't even recall the last compliment I got when wearing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by zacbol
    Hmm, I intensely dislike SMW. I can't get over the ink note. MI, however, I think is anything but linear.

As to The_Giraffe's contention that Creed is nothing special, as a novice myself, I've found them to be leagues beyond much of anything else I've tried. Of course, I've not gotten into niche scents so take what I say with a rock of salt. Additionally, I almost never receive compliments when wearing anything BUT Creed. I love MI and Himalaya, like GIT, and am indifferent to most of the other Creed's I've tried, but if I wear MI, Himalaya, or GIT it's almost a guarantee that one or more of the girls at the bar will nuzzle up to me and tell me I smell amazing. Other than an ex-gf who loved John Varvatos, I can't even recall the last compliment I got when wearing something else.

Hmm, I only get compliments when I run to the bathroom and reapply a spray of the cologne I was wearing, other than that none too!!

I'm seriously considering buying Himalaya for $45 off Creedirect on ebay. I'm going to buy this blind if you guys don't mind.

Only buy Himalaya if you like the "cologney" vibe that scents such as Platinum Egoiste have.

Only buy Himalaya if you like the "cologney" vibe that scents such as Platinum Egoiste have.

I do like Platinum Egoiste!! Lol I smelt it at Sephora the other day and thought it was amazing, I didn't have the money at the time so I didn't purchase it. Do they smell alike or something? I just think Himalaya sounds good because people claim it has the cold moutain air effect that I love

if your funds are limited buying MI blind at about $180 for 4oz and finding you think it's nothing special might be a lesson you won't soon forget.

if you're a 15 year old geek billionaire - re-gift it if you don't like it.

otherwise enjoy a fragrance which is very well thought of by a lot of fine folk here.

if you're looking to invest - get a box with the least blemishes and don't take any wrapping from it and wait 40 years
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 11th January 2007 at 09:51 PM.

Hey so I just bought Himalaya from Creedirect. I bought the money order today and am going to mail it tomorrow. So how long will it take to get to my house? It said on the auction it could take up to 10 buisness days for her to process the order? Ahh so I'm guessing by Feb?

Has anyone done any buying from Claire? She doesn't seem to respond to her emails

I just ordered from Claire/Creedirect I think on Tuesday. I knew going in based on her schedule that it wasnt going to be a quick ship, which was ok by me. She must have a life - bless her.
    I am wearing a sample of Himalaya today for the first time and at first it didnt seem like anything extraordinary, but the drydown is excellent. I've already been complimented on it. So I am going to need that full bottle very soon. I'm hoping for late next week. I have plenty of others to sample in the meantime...