Code of Conduct

Question Has anyone tried Satellite Padparadscha from Luckyscent?

I believe it's marketed to women, but I've ordered a sample in the quest for my Holy Grail sandalwood scent. It is EDP strength, and is $75 for 100ml on Luckyscent. The juice is a deep fiery orange, like the sapphire of the same name... The bottle is beautiful as well. Any experience with this one?

Padparadscha notes
    amber, musk, cedar, sandalwood, juniper, pepper

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...1100&section=1

Thanks,

Paul
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Default Re: Has anyone tried Satellite Padparadscha from Luckyscent?

Yes, I've tried it and liked it. The only drawback is that it isn't very distinctive to me (woods and incense is a favorite category of mine). I've smelled too many in the same category. It's a lean and dry woods scent that is easily worn by women.

I didn't think that either the juniper or pepper note was overly pronounced. Instead, there was more of a rustic cedar feel, and yet the perfume wasn't too "outdoorsy" or rugged in the way some inexpensive men's colognes can be when built around this same notational theme.

Scratch that last post. I stumbled across some recent (and older) threads on this one. Once I read the words, "bright sandalwood," I was very happy that I ordered it. Now I'm eagerly anticipating delivery!

I also have 10 Corso Como and L'Orientaliste Santal EDP samples coming - both supposedly feminine scents. If Basenotes has taught me anything in the last two months, it's that there IS no gender divide when it comes to the nose...

I wore DW's Gris Clair AND VdR today!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsibility
    I believe it's marketed to women, but I've ordered a sample in the quest for my Holy Grail sandalwood scent. It is EDP strength, and is $75 for 100ml on Luckyscent. The juice is a deep fiery orange, like the sapphire of the same name... The bottle is beautiful as well. Any experience with this one?

Padparadscha notes
    amber, musk, cedar, sandalwood, juniper, pepper

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detai...1100&section=1

Thanks,

Paul
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

I like Padparadscha quite a bit. It does have some similarities to 10 Corso Como but I think it's a little warmer and spicier. I suspect you'll like it.

I have a decant (thanks Doc!) and I love it. It wears cedary and smoky on me with great lasting power (better than Lubin Idole even!) and I receive compliments when I wear it. It is dry and I get a lot of pepper in it as well.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =