Code of Conduct

Smile I am going to buy a Creed, which one of these 3?

Hey I am back! I've been away from here because of the huge amount of things to do... moved to a new house, bought a new pc, did some exams ecc.. plus work and other stuff...

Well, last evening I was walking around the streets near my new house, you know, new streets, new people... and walked in the perfumery in front of my house to buy the hair gel and mouthwash water and to my surprise, the shop carries ALL types of Creed.

I talked to the lady(the shop owner) and she gave me 2 big samples of Royal Water, she seemd to be very happy to meet someone passionate like me about special perfumes like Creed.

You know, for the past 3 or 4 months I've been too busy and depressed for dedicating myself to my passion in perfumes, but by walking into this shop I seemd to regain the passion haha...
    (that's also why I relogged in this forum )

So, tomorrow I am going to buy a Creed from this very kind lady. I tested Royal Water for several days at work, I REALLY liked it. It's fruity, flowery and fresh, feels so comfortable and classy. But seemed a little bit too femminine to my nose. For sure it can be good for some type of men, but certainly not for me.

So probably tomorrow I am going to buy one among these:

- Himalaya

- Green Irish Tweed

- Millésime Impérial

I tested Green Irish Tweed one year ago, it was VERY good, but it's too fresh for me. I am a "dark" person, I play guitar in a progressive metal band.

So which one of these 3 Creed do you suggest?
    I think I am going to buy Himalaya, but what do you guys think? Certainly I am not going to buy completely blind, but half-blind , since I will smell them in the shop, but not test them...

THANK YOU!

M.
    Last edited by Musician; 14th January 2007 at 06:17 PM.

Default Re: I am going to buy a Creed, which one of these 3?

I have never sniffed Millésime Imperial, but between GIT and Himalaya, I'd choose Himalaya. When I tried GIT I thought it was ok, but nothing mind-blowing. Maybe I need to try it again. When wearing Himalaya, however, I can't stop sniffing myself ;-)
    Last edited by RichardK; 14th January 2007 at 06:13 PM.

Himalaya. Wore it last night and got alot of compliments. Very versatile too.

If you prefer to go darker out of those three, then yea, Himalaya is probably your best bet.

Blog Entries

I'm rockin' Himalaya today. I forgot how good this stuff is. I may have to get myself a bottle soon...
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Musician
    I am a "dark" person, I play guitar in a progressive metal band.
    M.
    If you are a "dark" person, none of these will suit you.

I say seek out something like Ambre Cannelle, Baie De Genievre, Vetiver '48 (not Original Vetiver), Acier Aluminum, Angelique Encens or Orange Spice.
    -

Dark People = Bvlgari Black
    *grin*
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

If you decide to get Himalaya, check on ebay and see if creedirect has any left. She did have some 4oz testers of it for $45.00 Unless you are a purist and MUST have the top and the box, or money is no object for you, I'd go for the tester. And, even if you are a purist and inordinately wealthy, is that box and top worth the extra $100? You could get Himalaya and a whole other bottle of something nice...

Just my opinion, of course.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

sorry but just checking, did you try silver mountain water? before getting anything try that one! and scentiments sells it cheap.

I agree himalaya would be the bolder of the three.
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.

I've been sampling a few creeds lately too. so far millesime imperial over himalaya for me to buy.
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.

Benjamin*

Millésime Impérial has been a favourite of mine for a while now. Is 'dark' moody and knitted eyebrows and wishing I'd not read Nietzsche at age 20? Ok that's me, but wearing MI makes forget all that nonscents. But G.I.T. doesn't strike me as 'dark', at least on my friend that wears it exclusively.

I did try on Silver Mountain Water and Erolfa yesterday afternoon. I was stunned to have the SMW fade completely off my forearm in a half-hour. So then other arm got Erolfa. It had a lot more power after an hour, and it wasn't as if I didn't like it, it was more, it's not significantly different than what I had. Then Neroli, it struck me the same. Oh I give up. Is it possible that a number of Creed's have this Creed signature? So I came home with Impérial and a smile.

I have to wait until the topnotes have gone completely, there seems to be no use in dealing with that. Testers without tops? ;-)

Hey thank you everybody!
    I am going out now, for having a little chat with the lady in the shop, for testing some Creed and for picking up one! I am so happy. I will let you know my final decision! LOL

Thank you so much for your advices!

M.

ps: hey yonggoh, I am already at my second bottle of Bvlgari Black.

Himalaya is my favourite.

Ok, so in the end I opted for Himalaya.
    I went to the store, took 3 testing paper and sprayed Himalaya, GIT and SMW on them(MI was not in the shop), went out of the store, walked for like 30 minutes sniffing repeatedly the paper, went back and bought Himalaya.

And I absolutely LOVE it! On my skin it smells a little bit like Versace Blue Jeans hahaha maybe I am mad but I REALLY smell a LOT of similarity between the two!

The lady has also given me samples for almost ALL man/unisex Creeds... which is VERY VERY nice.

ps: I am so happy that I have this incredible perfume shop in front of my new house, they have so many exclusive brands, including Serge Lutens, and other hand made stuff, and they will have Acqua di Parma very soon too. Well... maybe my credit card won't be as happy. LOL

I like GIT. I didnt at first but it grew on me. The drydown is awesome.
    Awesomeguy

If it was one of the three, I'd choose Himalaya...

But if you consider yourself a dark person, perhaps Tabarome or Bois du Portugal.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Ok, now that I've been testing Creed at work for 2 days...

- I LOVE the scent!!!!!

- It has absolutely NO staying power!!!!!

But I am happy anyway, now that I have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Musician
    Ok, now that I've been testing Creed at work for 2 days...

- I LOVE the scent!!!!!

- It has absolutely NO staying power!!!!!

But I am happy anyway, now that I have it.

Its one of the longest lasting Creeds on me!

By the way, I'm a huge prog-metal fan! What's the name of your band?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Himalaya...by a nose.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon