Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Question Buying Creed MI from Fragrancenet - need advice

    Hi,
    I am about to place an order on a 4 oz bottle of Creed Millesime Imperial from www.fragrancenet.com and I have a few questions.
    First of all what should I check for to see how old a bottle is. Does Creed fragrances have Lot nr/Date stamps? Secondly how do I know if a bottle has been sprayed, is the box sealed? I am sure that fragrancenet sells authentic stuff, but how old is their Creed stock and in particular Millesime Imperial? Has anyone ordered a bottle, was it new/old, fresh/bad? I hope some of you can help me out as spending 130$ for a bottle that is bad is a bit too much.

    Thank you,
    For swap:
    1. 90-95% full 2.5 oz bottle of Creed Orange Spice
    2. 99% full 1.6 oz bottle of Kenzo pour Homme
    3. 90% full 4 oz bottle of Creed Millesime Imperial

    Looking for: GIT, Baie de Genièvre, Idole de Lubin, Chergui, decant of FM Carnal Flower, decant of vintage Tabarome

  2. #2

    Default Re: Buying Creed MI from Fragrancenet - need advice

    Are you sure it's still in stock? I just looked at the link you posted and it says that they're currently sold out.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

  3. #3

    Default Re: Buying Creed MI from Fragrancenet - need advice

    $130 is a helluva lot for old stock Creed.

    If you browse around to the coupons board, you can find some 10% and 15% off coupons for Fragrancenet.com
    -

  4. #4

    Default Re: Buying Creed MI from Fragrancenet - need advice

    Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    $130 is a helluva lot for old stock Creed.

    If you browse around to the coupons board, you can find some 10% and 15% off coupons for Fragrancenet.com

    Thanks for your reply,
    So you are sure that they are selling old stock?
    Would you know of any other fragrance site that ships internationally and sell "new" stock (of course with a good price)
    For swap:
    1. 90-95% full 2.5 oz bottle of Creed Orange Spice
    2. 99% full 1.6 oz bottle of Kenzo pour Homme
    3. 90% full 4 oz bottle of Creed Millesime Imperial

    Looking for: GIT, Baie de Genièvre, Idole de Lubin, Chergui, decant of FM Carnal Flower, decant of vintage Tabarome

  5. #5

    Default Re: Buying Creed MI from Fragrancenet - need advice

    Quote Originally Posted by abg1234
    Thanks for your reply,
    So you are sure that they are selling old stock?
    Would you know of any other fragrance site that ships internationally and sell "new" stock (of course with a good price)
    Old stock doesnt mean bad stock - the discounted retailers usually sell fragrances which have been sold to them from the official retailers - those retailers get new stock periodically and have to dispose the "old" stock so most of the times they offload them to the internet discounters. You can also see a gradual increase in Bond no. 9 bottles on Ebay for discounted prices - they are "old stock" but also the real deal. The only concerns might be shelf life, but then, people should be buying from the official retailers to get that sort of guarantee. You cant expect to pay heavily discounted prices and expect to get a brand new Creed with fresh Erwin Creed fingerprints on them.

    I have bought 2 Creeds from Fragrancenet and they were good and smelled as they should; they are one of the reliable retailers.
    -

  6. #6

    Default Re: Buying Creed MI from Fragrancenet - need advice

    Quote Originally Posted by abg1234
    Hi,
    I am about to place an order on a 4 oz bottle of Creed Millesime Imperial from www.fragrancenet.com and I have a few questions.
    First of all what should I check for to see how old a bottle is. Does Creed fragrances have Lot nr/Date stamps? Secondly how do I know if a bottle has been sprayed, is the box sealed? I am sure that fragrancenet sells authentic stuff, but how old is their Creed stock and in particular Millesime Imperial? Has anyone ordered a bottle, was it new/old, fresh/bad? I hope some of you can help me out as spending 130$ for a bottle that is bad is a bit too much.

    Thank you,
    Creed has a year indented on the back of the box. Fragrancenet.com strips the top layer of the indentation and covers it with a sticker. Why? I don't know. I was able to make out the year 2005 for my Himalaya.

    You know a bottle is new if the atomizer needs a few pumps to get the fragrance spraying.

    I ordered my Himalaya and I'm happy with it. If you're really concerned, why not send the site an email?

    Edit: Why is it that my first mention of "Himalaya" is hyperlinked? I didn't do that...
    Last edited by chris2005; 15th January 2007 at 12:55 AM.

  7. #7

    CologneJunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Overland Park/Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,789
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Buying Creed MI from Fragrancenet - need advice

    Quote Originally Posted by chris2005
    Edit: Why is it that my first mention of "Himalaya" is hyperlinked? I didn't do that...
    Grant did . New feature.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

  8. #8

    Default Re: Buying Creed MI from Fragrancenet - need advice

    Yeah, new sprayers aren't "primed" and take a few pumps to get going. If it sprays on the first press, it was likely sprayed before.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: Buying Creed MI from Fragrancenet - need advice

    my opinion on the matter is why bother risk it. if you really love a fragrance from the house then do the math; you would pay around $170 or so for a 125ml of say GIT from an online source your not too sure of that comes down to $1.36 per ml. You can go to your local creed boutique or online and buy a 500ml flacon for $580 and be 100% sure it's legit and you are paying %1.16 per ml. yes $580 is a shit load of money(for me) but it's the safest way to be sure you're getting the best value for your money and bot buying something you'll never be certain about. they scratch off serial numbers and etc. from i see anything like that i don't trust it, i have no issue buying designer stuff at 50% off with all the synthetic stuff it's shelf life is much longer but niche brands using natural ingredients i rather spend a month saving up and cry later when i look at the receipt and my empty checking account.

Similar Threads

  1. Is this ebay'd Creed MI a fake?
    By rioni in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 1st May 2010, 03:18 AM
  2. How many squirts of Creed MI do I use?
    By ngtmare in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 31st March 2008, 04:29 AM
  3. my creed bottle is peeling
    By lex in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 15th March 2007, 05:47 PM
  4. Need advice on autumn creed
    By jimhardy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 22nd September 2005, 08:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •