Code of Conduct

Question Has anyone tried the Lulu Guinness fragrance "Cast a Spell"?

The fragrance, "Cast a Spell", is not listed in the Basenotes directory, so I was wondering if anyone in this community has sampled or owns this fragrance? I'd like to know if Cast a Spell is favorable or not. I heard that it's comparable to Lolita Lempicka, so if that's true, it's presumably something I'd like. I know that the enjoyment of a perfume is a highly subjective thing, but being provided with some opinions and accounts would be immensely helpful to me. Thanks very much.

--hidden_lustre

Default Re: Has anyone tried the Lulu Guinness fragrance "Cast a Spell"?

I've tried it and it does not really remind me of Lolita. On the other hand, it's richer and darker and sort of like CK Euphoria.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Yes, I have, if this is the one that has a castle etched on the bottle. I definitely recall liking it, but being distracted by other things...I went there with my daughter...my recollection was pineappley? I remember quite liking it. If I had a bigger budget I probably would have bought it.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I've never tried it - I'd like to though. I haven't really heard much about it, and I don't think it's available to buy here in Australia...will have to check it out though

I tried it quite some time ago, but I remember liking the bottle and thinking the fragrance was very girly. From what I recall it was a sugary violet with lilac, berries and vanilla. Perfumebay has sample vials for $1.99. ( http://www.perfumebay.com/5000101199.html) I think I'm going to give this one another try.

It sounds quite scrumptious; I think I'm going to give it a whirl. Maybe I'll buy a mini from an eBay store 'cause the bottle is quite cute. Thanks for replying to my question!

Quote Originally Posted by hidden_lustre
    It sounds quite scrumptious; I think I'm going to give it a whirl. Maybe I'll buy a mini from an eBay store 'cause the bottle is quite cute. Thanks for replying to my question!
    Just noticed that you're new. Welcome!

Thank you for the warm welcome, Tovah!

Welcome hidden_lustre. I smelled this on a friend once and it was great on her. Nice sillage too, if that's your thing. Not massive but quite good projection. I smelled her at about 2".
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =