Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a casual, everyday scent for my girlfriend

Bear in mind, she's 38, doesn't like fruity/floral or cloying scents. She usually wears D&G Light Blue but is wanting to wear something a bit more "mature". Any recommendations?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: Looking for a casual, everyday scent for my girlfriend

Bulgari (Bvlgari) White Tea is a very fine daily frag.

Within the D&G family, I'd suggest Sicily, which is more ambery/musky/sexy but still, IMO, ok for daily wear. If she likes Light Blue, she might like another frag by D&G.

You are a nice boyfriend to ask advice and do your research before buying your girlfriend a new frag. Kudos!
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

As I say in all my posts, when it comes to suggesting fragrances, I'm not always the best - but I like to add my opinion...
    Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker is a nice scent, something that can be worn everyday and is a bit more 'mature' (though I like it, and I'm 21!)
    Hope you find a fragrance that she likes (let us know what you end up picking)...
    Quote Originally Posted by mochi227
    You are a nice boyfriend to ask advice and do your research before buying your girlfriend a new frag. Kudos!
    Totally agree with mochi!!

'Light Blue' is one of my favorites.

Safari - if she likes chypres, this is very versatile
    Nanadebary Green is light, soft, pretty but casual. My favorite green right now
    Ivoire - cool, classic, daytime to evening.
    Silences by Jacomo
    Ginger by Lush - not one-note at all.
    Eau Emotionelle - Agent Provocateur
    Eau Rosee - Mariella Burani (this one *may* be discontinued - I hope not, it's a light pretty rose)
    Champaca - Ormonde Jayne
    Bulgari Au The Verte, along with the white tea mochi227 mentioned

my suggestions to you are some my customers around her age range like

Romance by Ralph Lauren
    Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
    Armani Code by Armani
    Miss Dior Cherie by Christian Dior (my biggest seller for all ages!!!)
    Burberry Britt by Burberry

good luck, let us know what you pick~
    Current Top Five: Burberry Londen, Love Spell, Miss Dior Cherie, J.Lo Live, Provocative Interlude
    Myspace

Has she tried Chanel No 19 edt?

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424

*jaw drops* if she likes d&g light blue, chanel no.19 is way too old smelling for her. it's a classic, but not the most appealing to someone who likes hipper smells
    Current Top Five: Burberry Londen, Love Spell, Miss Dior Cherie, J.Lo Live, Provocative Interlude
    Myspace

Post Thanks / Like

get her something high end (niche), not something "mature" that might smell "old"

Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens
    Daim Blond by Serge Lutens
    Fleurs d 'Oranger by Serge Lutens
    Debut by Parfums Delrae
    Musc Ravageur by F.Malle
    Le Parfum de Therese by F. Malle
    Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermes

[quote=Tink]*jaw drops* if she likes d&g light blue, chanel no.19 is way too old smelling for her. it's a classic, but not the most appealing to someone who likes hipper smells[/quote
    Um...wow...ok then!
    I say No.19

I like Light Blue too and you know something Chanel #19 in edp especially could be dreamy on her. After all the quest was for: something a bit more "mature". So Chanel #19 just might be perfect!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Post Thanks / Like

Both of these Bvlgari's are nice. The Omnia is a bit spicy, but I don't think overly so.

Bvlgari Blv Notte deeper version of the classic Bvlgari BLV fragrance, BLV Notte is a lush blend of galanga, and vodka drizzled over notes of iris and dark chocolate. A truly sexy scent, BLV Notte is destined to become a classic. Notes: Galanga, Vodka, Iris, Dark Chocolate. Style: Fresh. Vital. Mysterious.

Bvlgari Omnia Bvlgari's newest, light, modern oriental fragrance is a sexy blend of mandarin, saffron, Masala tea, and white chocolate. This scent smells truly good enough to eat. Notes: Mandarin, Saffron, Masala Tea, and White Chocolate. Style: Sexy. Warm. Delicious.

Ralph isn't to over bearing. It is very subtle on me, yet fun.

Ralph Hot fragrance notes are: mocha cream, cinnamon and maple.

If you ever heard of Angel, Wish reminds me of a much lighter version.

Wish For Women By Chopard designed in 1997. Its fragrant nature explores essences of bergamot, jasmine and amber. Blended with notes of vanilla, chocolate and sandalwood.

Ellen Tracy By Ellen Tracy is nice also. Yes, it has flower notes, but I don't find them overwhelming or cloying.

Notes of Cinnamon, Peach, Rose, Jasmine, Freesia, Carnation, Cedar, Sandalwood, and Tonka Bean.

Maybe one of these will work out for her. Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    Great pick! Acca Kappa White Moss is clean and unfussy too.

Well, I don't know if it's more mature, but I love Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien. After a little break, I've been wearing this wonderful citrus fragrance for the past couple of days and rediscovering why it's been a staple in my wardrobe. It's fresh and yet effortlessly elegant in it's simplicity. Works well for a variety of situations.

Pappie, I really liked Acca Kappa White Moss when I tried it. It struck me as a great skin scent. Wish I'd bought it.

Another vote for No. 19 here. I also suggest you to let her try Hermès Eau des Merveilles and Marciso Rodriguez edp.
    Just a bit sweeter but still green and great, don't miss Cartier Le baisier du dragon.

Cartier Panthere eau Legere is a beautiful everyday casual, yet sophisticated, fragrance. It's on my wish list. I like this type of fragrance. I also like Acqua di Gio very much, too, but it seems to be a bit of a cliche now (though it's new to me).

Maybe she would like Escada's Escada (2005) the aquamarine one, it's very nice, and it's more mature yet fresh and better made than say, their limited editions.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I like that is not too fruity or floral and good for everyday use:
    Bulgari - Blv (a woody floral scent, with a tinge of ginger and musky background and very classy)
    Hermès - Eau des Merveilles (one of best scent from Hermes)
    Calvin Klein - CK Be (good enough to share, it is woody and musky with a little spice added) I wore this a lot when I was in college and very accessible.
    Kiehl's - Original Musk (skin scent)

I probably could go on and on... anyways, good luck with shopping and please tell us what you have choosen for her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink
    *jaw drops* if she likes d&g light blue, chanel no.19 is way too old smelling for her. it's a classic, but not the most appealing to someone who likes hipper smells

I guess I'm trying to figure out what a hip smell is...I wore Chanel No. 19 when I was 14 years old. I never considered it to be old smelling. It is timeless and ageless.

Quote Originally Posted by tdi
    I guess I'm trying to figure out what a hip smell is...I wore Chanel No. 19 when I was 14 years old. I never considered it to be old smelling. It is timeless and ageless.
    tdi, when you find out please PM me and let me know...I'm just so NOT with it!

Le Baiser Du Dragon.

Post Thanks / Like

I know that when I got to my mid-30's that most perfumes I liked when I was younger didn't appeal to me as much and I started steering towards less ummm...exuberant perfumes. I agree that the No.19 would be worth trying. Van Cleef & Arpels' First is nice, and there was a previous mention of Jacomo's Silences, which is kind of woodsy/smokey, and underrated. Of course, Jicky is always great, and you could sneak some of it too..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the suggestions. She ended up buying EUphoria Blossom, Eau de Cartier, and Hermes Caleche Eau Delicate.

I know she loves Allure Homme (thinks the female version is too cloying) so I bought it for her for V-day. Never heard of it being unisex, but I think she'll wear it.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Post Thanks / Like

What about:
    Pure White Linen
    D&G Sicily
    Kenzo Flower
    CK Truth?
    To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.
    Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970),