Code of Conduct

Thread: Vetiver Redux

Default Vetiver Redux

When I heard that Carven was going to relaunch its Vetiver I had a distant hope that it would be returned to its former glory. Unlike the debacle of the Lanvin version that was recently issued, Carven have actually taken the time and trouble to do this properly. My old, old bottle of Vetiver is but a memory and the last one I had - the one with the metal cap - was a pale reflection of an old friend - all the bite taken out and replaced with something repellent and sweet. The new version that I received a week ago is very peppery, maybe even more-so than the original, if memory serves me. It is also extremely tenacious and was still evident the following day. The package is very nice - a cardboard box with the closure magnetized. The bottle is simple and straightforward with a large Plexiglas cap. This scent can now take its place along with Guerlain's Vetiver, Vetiver Extraordinaire and Route de Vetiver. I hope that Carven has taken the same care with it classic feminine perfume Ma Griffe - one of the most beautiful and haunting chypres ever made.

Default Re: Vetiver Redux

Quote Originally Posted by opalsdad
    When I heard that Carven was going to relaunch its Vetiver I had a distant hope that it would be returned to its former glory. Unlike the debacle of the Lanvin version that was recently issued, Carven have actually taken the time and trouble to do this properly. My old, old bottle of Vetiver is but a memory and the last one I had - the one with the metal cap - was a pale reflection of an old friend - all the bite taken out and replaced with something repellent and sweet. The new version that I received a week ago is very peppery, maybe even more-so than the original, if memory serves me. It is also extremely tenacious and was still evident the following day. The package is very nice - a cardboard box with the closure magnetized. The bottle is simple and straightforward with a large Plexiglas cap. This scent can now take its place along with Guerlain's Vetiver, Vetiver Extraordinaire and Route de Vetiver. I hope that Carven has taken the same care with it classic feminine perfume Ma Griffe - one of the most beautiful and haunting chypres ever made.
    Apparently the new versions of the Carven launches are intended to be as close to the originals as they can, rather than the previous bodge-jobs

Thanks for the information. I have eagerly been waiting to hear if Carven had gone back to the original formulation for Vetiver. I recently sent a bottle of the new Ma Griffe to my sister for her birthday, but she has not opened the package, as I sent it early and she prefers to wait to open her presents. I'll be curious to hear what she thinks.

Rob, fantastic news.. I'm definitely on the lookout for this.