Code of Conduct

Default Trouble Contacting Creedirect?

Anybody have a contact number for creedirect on ebay?

I've ordered from her before and so know she's slow in the email response, but this time it's been almost two weeks and four emails requesting someting as simple as a tracking number... and no response. I'm in no rush for the order, but given the frigid temps the past few days, I really don't want to miss the UPS man and have it sitting on a frigid truck for days (or, worse, sitting outside in the ice!)

I'm sure they'll turn up in a day or two and I LOVE her products and prices, but how hard is it to answer an email???
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 17th January 2007 at 10:08 PM.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Default Re: Trouble Contacting Creedirect?

I emailed them once when I was contemplating an order. If memory serves me right, they were a little slow, but they did respond. That was about 3-4 months ago. I did not order at that time.

I'm glad you posted this. I was thinking about placing an order with them, but I will wait to see how your order pans out.

Thanks, Chuck. I'll keep everybody posted.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 17th January 2007 at 07:08 PM.

Not realated to contacting them, but I've been thinking about buying a bottle of Himalaya from them, considering the great prices. However, they don't ship internationally, so I'm wondering if perhaps a kind basenoter wuold consider ordering a bottle for me and ship it to me (if this matter gets resolved of course)?

(sorry to steal you topic rach2jlc, I can move it to a new thread if you want to. I just thought it touched the same subject.)

Quote Originally Posted by RichardK
    Not realated to contacting them, but I've been thinking about buying a bottle of Himalaya from them, considering the great prices. However, they don't ship internationally, so I'm wondering if perhaps a kind basenoter wuold consider ordering a bottle for me and ship it to me (if this matter gets resolved of course)?

(sorry to steal you topic rach2jlc, I can move it to a new thread if you want to. I just thought it touched the same subject.)
    No problem at all! Anything creedirect-related is open to discussion, IMO. I have a bottle of Himalaya from her; it's top notch (the products she sells were never the issue, nor was receiving them!) I don't love ANY Creed enough to pay retail, but for those prices, you can't go wrong.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 17th January 2007 at 06:47 PM.

Hi,First time poster here.I have spoken to creeddirect via email she does take her time,Maybe thats a Woman thing,Have you tried her email address she gives as customer services not her ebay address.I asked if she would mail internationally to me in the UK she said she would if i bought two or more items .Hope this helps.........David.

Hi David,

Thanks for the post and welcome to Bnotes. I always CC contacts with ebay sellers that I've dealt with before to both their regular email address and their ebay one. In this case, still no contact from either.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 17th January 2007 at 07:26 PM.

i think she is MIA at the moment. we'd had a correspondence going about some stuff and she sent me some questions, then i responded a few weeks back and have yet to hear anything back. i ordered 3x from her and had actually *really* fast deliveries (and in a couple of cases paid the $35 for the 2.5oz and received the 4oz upon opening the box), so i would *highly* recommend her as a seller. but she doesn't seem to be the quickest on getting to emails.

I have no complaints about the products, but as far as email goes? I've seen 17 (literally) and never gotten a response, despite emailing through eBay and directly to the Customer Service address suggested.

Really REALLY frustrating and annoying.

I've also ordered from creeddirect with great results! 4 oz instead of 2.5, fairly quick delivery (5-7 days), etc.

Now if someone could post a link to them on Ebay, for some reason I'm having problems finding them (doh)!

So it looks like their feedback is 100%, but their correspondence leaves much to be desired. I guess that's the tradeoff...I guess I was lucky to get any response at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon
    I've also ordered from creeddirect with great results! 4 oz instead of 2.5, fairly quick delivery (5-7 days), etc.

Now if someone could post a link to them on Ebay, for some reason I'm having problems finding them (doh)!
    Here is what she is currently offering:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...3aMEFSQ3aMESOI

I, too, still recommend her products. I just wondered if anybody knew whether or not there were a contact number to call and see what's the problem or if anybody else has talked/communicated with her in the past two weeks.

Claire does take her time responding to emails sometimes, but that might be due to a busy work season at Bond no. 9 - she works with Laurice Rahme, and is the bond no. 9 distributor for a certain nyc-metro region (maybe Long island?). I have been buying stuff from her for over 1.5 years now, so I guess its safe to say she will get back to you soon.
    -

I ordered recently and it took about 2 weeks to get my stuff and it took her about 10 days to reply to my email. Also I asked for one bottle in my order to be changed and she said she nevre got the message.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

if you buy something from creeddirect just try to forget about it and one day it will arrive.

I'm convinced the thinking behind this is "they are getting such good deals they deserve bad service" and when I wrote a thoughtful letter to her about how troubling the bad service is (especially given her stringent rules about when you're end of the deal must be consummated) I got some BS about her account being "hacked into"

I have ordered from them 2x the first time I tore my hair out wondering if I"d been ripped off, the 2nd time I knew enough to not wait for the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells
    I ordered recently and it took about 2 weeks to get my stuff and it took her about 10 days to reply to my email. Also I asked for one bottle in my order to be changed and she said she nevre got the message.
    That's kind of crappy, really. I know I'm king of "you get what you pay for" but $45 a bottle and $10 shipping, regardless of retail, isn't exactly running a charity. Completing a sale doesn't just mean LISTING the item and accepting payment. Anyway, I don't know why I'm complaing... if she lists something else I want, I'm sure I'll still order from her.

I placed an order with the lady from creed direct and I sent her an e-mail, five days later I have still not gotten a reply. I talked to a few people that has ordered from her before and they said she is horrible at replying at E-mails and it takes her forever to send the items, but for the cheap prices she sells Creed for I really dont care too much about the customer service as long as she sends the stuff and keeps the prices low. Your situations is a little different because your cologne might freeze up if they leave it on the door step.

Quote Originally Posted by Parotte82
    Your situations is a little different because your cologne might freeze up if they leave it on the door step.
    Yeah, that's why I've been pushing so hard for a contact. Just yesterday, for example, I had an order from GLOSS delivered around lunchtime and, after opening the box, the bottle was so cold I couldn't even hold it in my hands. And that was just on the UPS truck from about 7:00am-11:30am. So, just imagine if either 1) it was left outside all day when I'm at work or 2) was left on the truck for an extra few days or a weekend. I don't think it is cold enough to freeze... but it still can't be GOOD for it.

With the way Basenotes hype operates, even with the negative experience discussion the masses will rush to creedirect to swamp her with orders - the secret is out, and the great-value creeds are fast diminishing in number (I recall last year she had more extensive listings and the supply is dwindling fast!)
    -

Is it even possible for cologne to freeze? Alcohol freezes I think at something like -150 celsius, which might happen if your UPS guy left your package on mars.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR
    Is it even possible for cologne to freeze? Alcohol freezes I think at something like -150 celsius, which might happen if your UPS guy left your package on mars.
    Like I said, I'm not worried about it freezing... but just as it isn't good to leave your bottles inside a locked car in 110 degree heat, leaving it outside in 10 degree weather can't be good for it either.

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that really cold temparatures are fine or even good - they would probably preserve the freshness of the oils, vs hot temperatures that would accellerate their degradation.

What sucks though is that when stuff's at your doorstep people can steal it. I can't believe they leave stuff like that.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 17th January 2007 at 09:10 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

I just sent her a long email to her and told her about this thread. I doubt she'll change her practices in any way. It's true that the customer servie is bad but hey I've ordered from her many times and always got what I ordered eventually. My order has been messed up before but she always made up for. Also her prices can't be beat and this stuff is almost 100% guaranteed to be authentic. She used to have a lot more stuff though. I remember going through two of the 8.4 oz bottles of Bois du Portugal and Vintage Tabarome that I bought from her just doing decants for people here. I really wish I could get some more of those.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Wow...I must be one of the lucky ones. I ordered a bottle of Erolfa just before Christmas and received it 2 days later. AND I received a 4 oz instead of the 2.5 oz I ordered(awesome!) I just kind of figured that was standard service for her...but after hearing these horror stories I don't think I will risk ordering again. I become a nervous wreck when my orders don't arrive on time....that on top of NO communication would absolutely put me over the edge with panic attacks...LOL. I'd rather pay more money and have peace of mind. But...thats just me.

Good luck guys....hope you get your orders soon.

Kim
    Last edited by GraySwan; 17th January 2007 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    if you buy something from creeddirect just try to forget about it and one day it will arrive.
    That's FUNNY

Same here on everything everyone said, no reply, frustration, delay...happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells
    I just sent her a long email to her and told her about this thread. I doubt she'll change her practices in any way.
    Seems like these Creed threads (and Basenotes promotion) are really getting popular - someone apparently emailed ParfumsRaffy about fake Creed which lead to the following disclaimer:

"Please Note: In the past year we have received an increase in calls regarding counterfeit CREED products.
    In order to answer your questions we have provided the information below.
    CREED does not allow discounting of its products and pricing is strictly enforced by CREED. All discounted CREED products come from a source other than CREED.
    If you have purchased a CREED product and suspect it's authenticity you can use the following discussion group from basenotes (an online fragrance discussion community) for more information.
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ght=fake+creed

Should you have any further questions please feel free to call us at 818-708-1186."

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/special.html

This fact highlights that the "help my Creed is fake!" threads are creeping up at Basenotes with a wee bit too much regularity.
    -

I'm paying for my Himalaya via money order and it's been snowing and the roads have been freezing up here in the Federal Way/Seattle area. So I bought my money order on Jan-12 and the mailman came Jan-14 so I emailed her telling the money order might be a little late. She emailed me back the next day saying "Thanks for the update. I'll let you know when I receive it." so it's the 17th and I guess she still hasn't gotten it. The first time I send her like 3 emails and she didn't answer, you have to email her directly and not throught ebay.

I'm planning on getting it on the last of Jan maybe around the 29th-31st. I heard she can get really slow, she have to get my money order then cash it then ship it out so the whole process I'm guessing will take 3 weeks for me
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

I've bought a number of things from Claire (creedirect), both on Ebay and via straight email. Depending on the cosmos, she will get with you right away or a few weeks. In the end, she always delivers and the prices cannot be beat.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

the eagle landed in la today: smw bath gel, buy one get one free. the bottles are REALLY cool, thick translucent plastic way better looking than the EDT ones or ED whatever it is.

a note enclosed with it said that not listed 2.5 oz bottles of SMW are also available.

basically creeddirect CAN step all over you for the price. evidently these bottles would go for $120 ordinarily and I paid $25 and a reasonable shipping. only via these witches would I ever get to enjoy SMW bath and hair gel and the hot bottles and caps and boxes even! so long may they toil and trouble.

you absolutely have to let go of it when you place an order with them though. my first time I suffered all this anxiety sure I was being ripped off frantic emails to them and to other basenoters about their experiences. but the mental torment is only the first time (I've only done the 2 transactions).

oops this was meant to be a pm
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Speaking of which - does anybody in the USA want to split two bottles with me - it's buy one get one free like supermarky says - I get one you get one for $12.50 plus shipping! They only ship UPS and since I'm in Canada that means I'll pay $40 in shipping and robbery fees for a $25 item, no joke. UPS literally charge fees for charging fees for taking it across the border. Even my friend who drives a UPS truck won't buy anything shipped UPS from the US to Canada.

PM me. Thanks!
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 18th January 2007 at 10:18 AM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Yeah, a real pain in the ass.

She's a nice enough woman but it can be hell making your acquistion. It took five weeks to receive my last tester bottle. She told me she travels a lot. I don't think I'd purchase anything from her again regardless of cost. It required far too much energy.
    Last edited by pluran; 18th January 2007 at 11:45 AM.

No communication is a deal-killer for me.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by pluran

She's a nice enough woman but it can be hell making your acquistion. It took five weeks to receive my last tester bottle. She told me she travels a lot. I don't think I'd purchase anything from her again regardless of cost. It required far too much energy.
    Sorry to hear that, Pluran. If she travels a lot, I wonder why does she continues to list items with 7 day closures that will fall during her travels? That's not an absent minded mistake, that's being just plain rude as it seems to happen all the time.

I thought that maybe I was the only one (or that maybe she had fallen ill, had to take a sudden leave, etc.) , but after reading this, I doubt I'll be buying more from her. It seems just like she couldn't care less about these items or these customers. Another member (maybe ZZ?) mentioned earlier she was a sales rep for Bond; I seriously doubt she she treats her Bond stockists with the same disregard.

Anyway, at the end of the day, I guess I just don't care THAT much about Creed to put up with it ($45 for 4oz is about all I think most of them are worth). BUT, an order of $175... regardless of retail... is still $175 that I could have spent elsewhere.
    Last edited by rach2jlc; 18th January 2007 at 12:39 PM.

the eagle landed in la today: smw bath gel, buy one get one free. the bottles are REALLY cool, thick translucent plastic way better looking than the EDT ones or ED whatever it is.
    Oh yea, the bottles look cool, and the smell is heavenly !
    -

OK, against my better judgement, I just ordered Erolfa and New Tabarome from them.

I sent an email (gasp!!!) to ask for the total shipping price. They say they offer combined shipping.

Let the fun begin!!

Yeah... I just found this thread, though I guess I wasn't looking terribly hard.

In any case, I ordered something on the 8th of january, attempted contact 5 times since then and have gotten no responses; not even the automated one "you won congrats...blah...blah..." (I got one from ebay, but not her.) Hopefully it turns out okay. I am not particularly worried.

I just got an e-mail from them... my order has been shipped, 12 days later! I got a tracking number, but that is some kind of turnaround time they've got going.

but hey, communication!

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzolt
    I just got an e-mail from them... my order has been shipped, 12 days later! I got a tracking number, but that is some kind of turnaround time they've got going.

but hey, communication!
    I'm insanely jealous... as yet still no email! But, maybe it means that she's now back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran

Clicking on "Pay Now" on PayPal required too much energy?

TNMA

a note enclosed with it said that not listed 2.5 oz bottles of SMW are also available.

basically creeddirect CAN step all over you for the price. evidently these bottles would go for $120 ordinarily and I paid $25 and a reasonable shipping. only via these witches would I ever get to enjoy SMW bath and hair gel and the hot bottles and caps and boxes even! so long may they toil and trouble.

you absolutely have to let go of it when you place an order with them though. my first time I suffered all this anxiety sure I was being ripped off frantic emails to them and to other basenoters about their experiences. but the mental torment is only the first time (I've only done the 2 transactions).

I also received my two GIT shower soaps; not bad for the price.

Clearly, if you glean anything from this thread, you will EVENTUALLY get your product, a steal for the price, and don't expect anything in terms of communication until you receive it. But you will get your product, and you will also notice, no one has complained about the quality...

TNMA

If there are negative experiences with this or other eBay sellers, the proper place for feedback about it is at eBay. Here at Basenotes, rule number six applies to eBay feedback:

"#6: Stay on topic
    -The Basenotes Community is not a venue for personal or private vendettas. Keep your personal business as just that – personal. This forum is not a venue for the resolution of personal disputes with members or companies. "

Use eBay's feedback mechanism please. It looks to me like this thread has run its course and anyone who's wanted to read it has.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.