Code of Conduct

Question ANDIAMO by BORGHESE - Replacement, Substitute?

Does anyone here remember this scent? I think this was popular in the early 80's. I loved it so much, but then it was discontinued. Unlike some other discontinued fragrances, Andiamo seems almost impossible to track down. I have seen the EDT on some websites, here and there, but they're always asking about $500.00!!!!.
    Does anyone know of a fragrance that is similiar?
    Last edited by KrystineHope; 18th January 2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: icon

Smile Re: ANDIAMO by BORGHESE - Replacement, Substitute?

Yes I remember Andiamo by Borghese..who could forget it! It seems like every perfume I love gets discontinued for some reason or other. Well almost. Well, the good new is that i found out about Martecci's Fine Fragrance. SOmeone convinced them to start a project with them to recreate the Andiamo scent. You can find out about it at

http://members.cox.net/heartlandmerc...%20PROJECT.htm

I've already had them put my name on the Andiamo pre-pay contact list and if you reading this and love Andiamo, you need to do the same if you want the Andiamo scent back again..YEAH!!! And as an excellent substitute, I would suggest a little known perfume called Princess Martecci by Martecci's.

They have a RARE SCENTS PROJECT PAGE you may want to look into if you want other perfume scentsyou like brought back from the dead. I looked at it a moment ago and you can find CHAOS perfume, Uninhibited perfume (if you ask me it is of better quality than ANARACHY, and their recreation of the original Heaven Sent by MEM/Rubenstein is all around excellent. You can even get the wonderful Laura Ashley No. 1 scent there WOW, and get this ...they even offer custom design fragrance services--a must for picky people like me.

Anyhow I hope you and anyone reading this will help us perfume fans bring back our favorite perfumes back by contacting Martecci's
    Last edited by CIndyC; 27th January 2008 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Add a substitute scent for Andiamo

Default Re: ANDIAMO by BORGHESE - Replacement, Substitute?

Oh, you are so affiliated - quite obvious.

I remember Andiamo as being Borghese's answer to Chanel #19 edt. The darker sister would be Annick Goutal's Heure Exquise. Just a thought for substitutes.

Thank you -
    You know what's funny? I posted this one year ago - it was just answered yesterday!
    But, in the meantime, I'm wondering if I would even still like Andiamo -- this past year (since this original post), I have veered toward much lighter, fresher scents rather than the orientals I used to love!

Wink Re: ANDIAMO by BORGHESE - Replacement, Substitute?

Quote Originally Posted by chanel22 View Post
    I remember Andiamo as being Borghese's answer to Chanel #19 edt. The darker sister would be Annick Goutal's Heure Exquise. Just a thought for substitutes.
    Chanel 19 edt reminds me more of Havoc by Mary Quant, which is also discontinued. Chanel 19 was more leathery and Havoc was sweeter. If you liked Andiamo, you may like Anais Anais or Princess Martecci by Martecci's. Princess Martecci has simliar charctersitcs to me like the truly feminine scents of days gone by like Bakir, Fame, Hope, and Andiamo. I'll be glad when Martecci's releases Andiamo. They are my secret to always smelling great...and here is my little secret for getting great fragrance advice..the email of the parfumer is martecci@cox.net!!!
    Last edited by CIndyC; 13th February 2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: correct spelling