Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Domenico Caraceni- - Tell Me More!

I have been reading through older threads lately, and came across references to Domenico Caraceni Pour Homme EdT, and it stopped in in my etracks. I had just been talking to a tailor in NYC about Caraceni suits, and heard how great he is. Now I found on Basenotes that he has a fragrance and a google search adds his body care line. But, it's not in the reviews here, or even listed, and can't find any websites that sell it, except in Germany and Italy. Can Forum members tell me more about it, including where a poor humbe American can find this elixir States-side?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Domenico Caraceni- - Tell Me More!

Hi Joe,

Scentemental turned me on it. It's outstanding. Along with No.88 it's the most masculine rose based fragrance out there. Sick right now and haven't owned it long so it's difficult to describe. In this case the pyramid tells you a lot about it. Rich and long-lasting, it's unique and excels in all areas.

Top Notes: Petitgrain, Bourbon Geranium
    Middle Notes: Neroli Bigarade, Rose Absolute, Tobacco Essence
    Base Notes: Frankincense, Cypress, Benzoin

You can acquire it from www.ausliebezumduft.de

pluran
    Last edited by pluran; 18th January 2007 at 04:07 AM.

Plus, it is incredibly long lasting...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting; I didn't know he had a fragrance. His suits are superb, so I'd be interested in giving this one a try... don't know if I'll order it from Europe, but if anybody has decants, I'd certainly like one. hint, Pluran... hint...hint...
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    Hi Joe,

Scentemental turned me on it. It's outstanding. Along with No.88 it's the most masculine rose based fragrance out there. Sick right now and haven't owned it long so it's difficult to describe. In this case the pyramid tells you a lot about it. Rich and long-lasting, it's unique and excels in all areas.

Top Notes: Petitgrain, Bourbon Geranium
    Middle Notes: Neroli Bigarade, Rose Absolute, Tobacco Essence
    Base Notes: Frankincense, Cypress, Benzoin

You can acquire it from www.ausliebezumduft.de

pluran
    Pluran:

Ouch! I saw that German website. Is www.ausliebezumduft.de the only way to get this? And you can vouch for them, and getting back statesside? How long did the order take?

Joe

The German site has a good reputation. They seem to be the go-to source for many bloggers for frags that are not readily available in the US. I see them referenced on blogs all the time (First in Fragrance). I can't say how long the order takes, because I have not personally ordered from them.

Caraceni is a great fragrance. Scentemental is also responsible for turning me onto it, providing me a sample at some point. I guess the fragrance it most reminds me of is C&S 88, but that's not to say they are the same. It is, as Pluran says, hard to describe, but I'd say it's a very damp, vegetal-like fragrance (I guess geranium does that). It's very deep as well, almost 3-dimensional in its effect. The rose stands out to me as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances
    Pluran:

Ouch! I saw that German website. Is www.ausliebezumduft.de the only way to get this? And you can vouch for them, and getting back statesside? How long did the order take?

Joe
    That was the first time I bought anything from them. I was also reluctant so had it shipped to friends in Switzerland who were planning a trip over here shortly thereafter. They received it within a few days and brought it to me.

I've had good luck with most European purchases. The only problem I had was a lengthy wait (five weeks) for something I bought from France.

I don't do decants, otherwise I'd send you some to try. Hopefully scentemental will be back and he can get some to you.

pluran

Although I have never ordered from the Outfit myself this frag can be puchased from them quite a bit cheaper than from Aus Liebe Zum Duft.

Take a look here....http://www.shopbynet.it/profumissimi...asp?IdMarca=19