Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Confused about Signoricci

After browsing the frangrance counters I came upon two different bottles of Signoricci. The one is the tall bottle with the silver top (as per the directory) and the other is a bottle similar to the Ricci Club one. Both were testers without the box unfortunately. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the two?

Default Re: Confused about Signoricci

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean1973
    After browsing the frangrance counters I came upon two different bottles of Signoricci. The one is the tall bottle with the silver top (as per the directory) and the other is a bottle similar to the Ricci Club one. Both were testers without the box unfortunately. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the two?
    There are more versions that you may think of!:
    some of the notes:

Signoricci: (the old version)
    top: galbanum, petitgrain, bergamot, lemon.
    middle: lily of the valley, rose, tangerine, fern.
    base: oakmoss, civet, vetiver, tonka bean.

Signoricci: (new version 2005)
    top: mandarine, petitgrain.
    middle: sage, alpine lavender.
    base: Haitian vetiver, exotic woods, oakmoss.

Signoricci 2:
    top: lemon, lime, petitgrain, basil.
    middle: aldehydes, jasmine, carnation, tangerine.
    base: musks, oakmoss, tonka bean, amber.

The signoricci (old version) apparently is the original formula. ( i have a bottle, i think is odd, i do not get tonka ben nor oakmoss from the drydown, but do get lots of civet!)

The signoricci 2, is the old (reformulated a bit ) signoricci with the 2 added.

The signoricci (new version :in the 80s ) is not the signoricci 2 with the 2 dropped (like some people think, and it's been reformulated again!) as even the nina ricci people do not have the "lost notes" (it must be around somewhere they said) of this 80's version;

and the signoricci (new version on the directory) really is the 2005 re-release -a yet again brand-new reformulation of all things signoricci.

see it's not that difficult.

cheers
    Last edited by castorpollux; 19th January 2007 at 12:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait! So, this has been re-released? Is there a campaign for it in North America or will it be just another 'hard-to-find' item?

The latest re-release was in 2005.
    You can see the latest bottle/box release at the official Nina Ricci Site.
    I think it's very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    The latest re-release was in 2005.
    You can see the latest bottle/box release at the official Nina Ricci Site.
    I think it's very nice.
    "I think it's very nice." You mean the bottle or the juice inside?

I'm in the process of getting some Signoricci 2 at the moment a blind buy, from an ebay seller (trustworthy). Am I right in thinking that that is the one that everyone raves about?

Also perplexed

Eluard
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter they are known as liars.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard
    "I think it's very nice." You mean the bottle or the juice inside?
    Oh i meant both.

The original juice was nice, but didn't sit well with my skin, as the "new" re-formulation (in the 80s).
    The same goes for the signoricci2, wich had some longevity problems on my skin.
    The only one that i find fine and goes nicely on my skin is the new re-reformulation (the 2005 version), wich is the one sold and promoted by NinaRicci nowadays.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh i meant both.

The original juice was nice, but didn't sit well with my skin, as the "new" re-formulation (in the 80s).
    The same goes for the signoricci2, wich had some longevity problems on my skin.
    The only one that i find fine and goes nicely on my skin is the new re-reformulation (the 2005 version), wich is the one sold and promoted by NinaRicci nowadays.
    Wow! This is the first time I have ever seen someone saying that a recent reformulation is an improvement on something from the eighties particularly with respect to longevity.

Good to know, as they say.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter they are known as liars.

There are more versions that you may think of!:
    some of the notes:

see it's not that difficult.

cheers
    Signoricci 2 was not a reformulation of the original Signoricci (also known as Signoricci 1) anymore than Chanel 17 was a reformulation of Chanel 5. They were sold side by side back in the seventies and smelled completely different. I agree that Signoricci 2 (which became plain Signoricci after the Signoricci 1 was discontinued) has changed a bit over the years. I tended to attribute this change to defective materials. It was always a bit unstable. Over the years I've bought a great number of bottles gone bad. When fresh, however, its smell was always very similar to the original Signoricci 2. When I asked Nina Ricci for the notes a few years ago, they sent me two different versions although they assured me that the Signoricci 2 original recipe had not changed. Since these notes are a general description of how the perfume smells and not an exact transcript of the recipe (which, of course is kept secret), I thought that the two different versions of the notes were just different ways of describing the same perfume. But, again, the recipe might have been changed since the present Signoricci, although similar to the original Signoricci 2, is a much duller scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Confused about Signoricci

Burning question on an old topic:

I have read this and a few other "Signoricci confusion/reformulation" threads and still can't figure out:

1. which Signoricci my mother would have purchased circa 1990 in Milan (came in a flat bottle, not a round one like the current issue, and when I heard that Signoricci was a citrus, I was surprised - it never smelled citrus-y to me). It was her signature scent for much of my childhood and I miss it!

2. if any currently-available Signoricci or its ilk are similar to that one.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Y View Post
    Burning question on an old topic:

I have read this and a few other "Signoricci confusion/reformulation" threads and still can't figure out:

1. which Signoricci my mother would have purchased circa 1990 in Milan (came in a flat bottle, not a round one like the current issue, and when I heard that Signoricci was a citrus, I was surprised - it never smelled citrus-y to me). It was her signature scent for much of my childhood and I miss it!

2. if any currently-available Signoricci or its ilk are similar to that one.

Any ideas?

Sister Y,

I am wondering if the following was what you mother wore:

bigarade (for women by nina ricci).JPG

Regards,

scentemental

Post Thanks / Like

The bottle looked just like that, but the box definitely said "Signoricci" - I remember, because I always assumed it was "Signoricca" before I realized it was technically a men's perfume. Also, I don't think it had the cool portrait.

Thank you for the response - the packaging definitely looks like the time period we're talking about.

If the packaging was very dark brown, it was Signoricci 2, Signoricci 1 was orangy brown but I think it was discontinued by 1990. Have a look at ebay and you might recognise the package.

The bottle looked just like that, but the box definitely said "Signoricci" - I remember, because I always assumed it was "Signoricca" before I realized it was technically a men's perfume. Also, I don't think it had the cool portrait.

Thank you for the response - the packaging definitely looks like the time period we're talking about.
    No problem.

Maybe you'll recognize it from this bunch:

signoricci 1 & 2 & signoricci bottles.JPG

scentemental

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you again, that is so helpful! I'm almost certain the box was like the one on the extreme right. Is that pre-2005 just-plain-Signoricci?

. . . The weird thing is that the bottle shape and color on the left (Signoricci 1) looks familiar, too.

Well, at least I've ruled out Signoricci 2. Thank you so much, scentemental and GTC!

Thank you again, that is so helpful! I'm almost certain the box was like the one on the extreme right. Is that pre-2005 just-plain-Signoricci?

. . . The weird thing is that the bottle shape and color on the left (Signoricci 1) looks familiar, too.

Well, at least I've ruled out Signoricci 2. Thank you so much, scentemental and GTC!

The bottle on the extreme right is Signoricci 2 reformulated significantly and simply called Signoricci when they did away with Signoricci 1 altogether.

Glad I could be of assistance.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 26th April 2007 at 05:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all also from my side! The pics really helped me get clarity as well!