Code of Conduct

Default My continued love affair with ETERNITY

If I was stuck on a desert island with just one bottle, it would be Eternity for Men. I still think it is quite unique. It has a fresh feeling wwithout relying solely on citrus. The floral notes (jasmine) make it stand out among men's scents. A woman could easily wear it, yet it is masculine. I only wish CK would make an entreme or edp version as it stays very close to the skin. A little sillage would be welcome.

Default Re: My continued love affair with ETERNITY

Quote Originally Posted by ObsessionForMen
    If I was stuck on a desert island with just one bottle, it would be Eternity for Men. I still think it is quite unique. It has a fresh feeling wwithout relying solely on citrus. The floral notes (jasmine) make it stand out among men's scents. A woman could easily wear it, yet it is masculine. I only wish CK would make an entreme or edp version as it stays very close to the skin. A little sillage would be welcome.
    I typically apply six sprays under my clothes of any scent I use. For me, sillage has never been a problem with Eternity as it's a very long lasting powerhouse scent. When I wear it, I have to air out my jumper or jacket for a couple of days to get rid of the scent.

Shame it's not much liked around here - apparently people seem to have overdosed on it in the US around 15 years ago, and still have an aversion to it. I think it's great.
    Renato

I like it a lot too. I also think it has great sillage and very long lasting.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Eternity is a great scent!

Quite unique and smells pleasant in a good way (not pleasant like the AdG clones).

To me it gives a feeling of standing in the waterfall or something like that.

I really want to like Eternity, and it works great on some guys, but it just does not click on me.

That's why it's for sale on my sale list. I bought a brand bottle and I used it maybe twice. Nothing.

Blog Entries

I'm not a HUGE fan of Eternity...but I absolutely fell in love w/ last summer's Eternity Summer. I'm hoarding half a bottle of it away until May .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I typically apply six sprays under my clothes of any scent I use. For me, sillage has never been a problem with Eternity as it's a very long lasting powerhouse scent. When I wear it, I have to air out my jumper or jacket for a couple of days to get rid of the scent.

Shame it's not much liked around here - apparently people seem to have overdosed on it in the US around 15 years ago, and still have an aversion to it. I think it's great.
    Renato
    I'm with Renato. I brought a bottle last week. It's summer here now, and it works a treat. Light, refreshing, and seems to last the distance with very acceptable sillage. It seems to work on me. It doesn't seem all that much of a "familiar" smell to me, and I'm very happy with my purchase.

QE

Eternity is one of the first fragrances I purchased about five years ago. I think it's a good scent, but I barely wear it. It's a good all-purpose scent, it doesn't shout uniqueness. It's an 'I don't care, I just want to smell decent' scent.
    K-six is gone, but Saint-Six is his holy rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    I'm not a HUGE fan of Eternity...but I absolutely fell in love w/ last summer's Eternity Summer. I'm hoarding half a bottle of it away until May .
    I've got a bottle of Eternity Summer 06 hoarded away myself. While it smelled horrible on the card, as soon as it hit my skin it was amazing. Can't wait untill summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Six
    It's a good all-purpose scent, it doesn't shout uniqueness.
    That's because so many people copied the style.
    Renato

That's because so many people copied the style.
    Renato
    I've heard this said before, but I can't think of a single thing that smells like Eternity. What did you have in mind?

BTW there is vetiver in Eternity but it is not often mentioned as a note. Maybe because the Iso E Super gets all the attention.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard
    I've heard this said before, but I can't think of a single thing that smells like Eternity. What did you have in mind?

BTW there is vetiver in Eternity but it is not often mentioned as a note. Maybe because the Iso E Super gets all the attention.
    I second that ELUARD. There are lots of fragrances that are somewhat of the same genre as Eternity-fresh/fougere, but none mimic it to my knowledge. The florals(jasmine and lavander) and green botanicals(sage, basil, vetiver, etc.) really set it apart from the ADG "clones" and the like. Also, the woody drydown(rosewood and sandalwood) really kick in.

There was a time in the mid 90s when I wore Eternity all the time — and of course pretty much wore it out. Great longevity and sillage (don't know whether what they have now is the same).

But there were very special times when I wore it and the name and the scent fused together into one image: then I thought, yes, maybe that is what eternity would smell like. Great moments. No CK scent since then has captured me in the same way (got the laughable Contradiction for men, only to throw it in the back of the cupboard in disgust!)

Obsession was great as well.
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluard

I'm not alone in this opinion, to quote Grant in the Directory,
    "Still popular today, this fresh fougere fragrance inspired many wannabe's".

And as one checks various scents at Perfume World one will come across many entries with "Fellow Perfume:Eternity for Men"

Scents that come to mind include Wings, Animale, Clairborne, Elements, Wild Wind, Nightflight, Heaven. Take these and others that followed it away, and it would be smelling very unique.
    Renato

I'm not alone in this opinion, to quote Grant in the Directory,
    "Still popular today, this fresh fougere fragrance inspired many wannabe's".

And as one checks various scents at Perfume World one will come across many entries with "Fellow Perfume:Eternity for Men"

Scents that come to mind include Wings, Animale, Clairborne, Elements, Wild Wind, Nightflight, Heaven. Take these and others that followed it away, and it would be smelling very unique.
    Renato
    Nightflight? Didn't get that connection. Ahh, Eternity was my first designer fragrance, a gift from my grandmother. I have outgrown it because i wore it in high school but I still have a small bottle of it (came with the CK variety set). It's amazing what fragrance can do to your memories...a good whiff and some flashbacks and it's back to good times...good times!

Quote Originally Posted by silk4ever
    Nightflight? Didn't get that connection. Ahh, Eternity was my first designer fragrance, a gift from my grandmother. I have outgrown it because i wore it in high school but I still have a small bottle of it (came with the CK variety set). It's amazing what fragrance can do to your memories...a good whiff and some flashbacks and it's back to good times...good times!
    Okay, just put a little Nightflight on, I rescind, I see what your saying.

Quote Originally Posted by silk4ever
    I have outgrown it because i wore it in high school but I still have a small bottle of it (came with the CK variety set).
    If it was classy in high school, there's no reason it can't be classy (and classic) right now.
    Renato

Eternity encapsulates some great memories for me. It was my second fragrance purchase and I wore it all the time at university. I doubt I'd be able to wear it now but a part of me would like to buy another bottle, just to let those memories flood back from time to time...

If it was classy in high school, there's no reason it can't be classy (and classic) right now.
    Renato
    Never said it wasn't classy. I just outgrew the scent as I wore it throughout high school.

Eternity is a nice scent, but nothing outstanding, specially because I'm not a big fan of its floral notes... Oddly enough, I prefer one of its clones: Claiborne Sport!

Eternity takes me back to senior year of college. 1990 the Eighty coming to a close. Eternity was like a breath of fresh cool sunny spring air back then so many fragrances were heavy and spicy before.

Don't get me wrong...Eternity was a heavy hitter with mega sillage but it was a diffent kind of heavy.

Every time I smell that scent - it takes me to that turning point in my life when I was longing to leave behind the college frat boy days - grow up and be a man make my way in the world.

Now that I have had a long taste of being a man I so long for those college frat boy days.