Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    Went into Victoria's Secret today because the one near my house is closing. They had 1/2 off their fragrances, so I thought I would check them out. I was sniffing around and finally I decided to purchase Basic Instinct, it smelled nice in the store but approximately an hour later I started to smell like a cheap fruity, used up, to much lipstick wearing, rent by the hour hotel, torn stocking wearing whore. Not a a French whore, not a Heidi Fleiss whore, but a "do you want a *&%# job for 10 dollars whore".




    For an added chuckle, I asked the girl behind the counter about the staying power of VW's frags and she said, "We sell only high end stuff. That bottle goes for 52 dollars not on sale. So yes, it stays"


    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







    To top it off, I can't get the sh*t to wash off! I have to go into the garage and use the orange stuff that mechanics use to wash car grease off of their hands.






    Note: I respect hard working whores.
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

  2. #2

    Default Re: Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    The only scent of there's I've ever liked is Halo. Everything else smells off or just cheap. You could sell it on eBay, you would definitely get your money back.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    LOL just one week ago I went into a VS seeing if they had any Basic Instinct (it's been discontinued). Then I went on eBay and in a fit of discontinued-frag buying (it happens), bought a 100ml of the stuff. I like it, but yah, it is a bit on the cheapish side. Really to me, the name is so perfect. It IS tawdry Sharon Stone with a psychotic edge. But, I'm not (really) ashamed to say I think this is a good thing for say, a night on the town when you don't want those other stinking whores coming near your man!

    Hahahaha :bounce:

    But really, I like the port wine note it has, but since receiving my bottle, I find the fruits are maybe a wee bit overdone, and totally synthetic. Oh well. It's a very particular aesthetic. It's Sharon Stone sitting the wrong way on the chair, trying to mind f*ck you, but after a while of trying to keep up, you either get intimidated or bored, and leave.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

    =

    current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

  4. #4

    Default Re: Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    The only scent of there's I've ever liked is Halo. Everything else smells off or just cheap. You could sell it on eBay, you would definitely get your money back.

    I just got back from returning it. They didn't give me any problems.
    Which was nice because I was prepared to lay into them if they did. lol

    Anyway, I simply can't believe how nasty that stuff is. I mean, I really can't.

    And it won't come off!
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

  5. #5

    Default Re: Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by mochi227
    LOL just one week ago I went into a VS seeing if they had any Basic Instinct (it's been discontinued). Then I went on eBay and in a fit of discontinued-frag buying (it happens), bought a 100ml of the stuff. I like it, but yah, it is a bit on the cheapish side. Really to me, the name is so perfect. It IS tawdry Sharon Stone with a psychotic edge. But, I'm not (really) ashamed to say I think this is a good thing for say, a night on the town when you don't want those other stinking whores coming near your man!

    Hahahaha :bounce:

    But really, I like the port wine note it has, but since receiving my bottle, I find the fruits are maybe a wee bit overdone, and totally synthetic. Oh well. It's a very particular aesthetic. It's Sharon Stone sitting the wrong way on the chair, trying to mind f*ck you, but after a while of trying to keep up, you either get intimidated or bored, and leave.
    It made me ill, seriously! Now I have a headache. In the store it did have that sexy whore smell, but as I mentioned above, it turned very sweet. Like cough syrup. I am still ill from it, almost like I am car sick.
    If that makes sense?

    Ps. I'm a a big fan of dirty whores and their smell, just not this one.
    Keep on rockin dirty whores, but for the love of God/Goddess, rock away from VS's frags.
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

  6. #6

    Shycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    2,914

    Default Re: Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    I read a magazine article the other day, in Glamour or Oprah, about an ex-stripper who goes back into clubs to give working girls gift baggies. She includes a simple note that if they want help getting out of the business to call her little (or not so little,now) organization for support. She mentioned how difficult it was the first time she went back in, all the bad memories and the "smell of Victoria's Secret body spray."

    I think your on to something real.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    Well, my eighth grade daughter and her pals wear Love Spell from Victoria's
    Secret (not my idea)...and it just smells like fruit punch. Haven't tried anything else, though.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    Very interesting Shycat, very interesting.



    As for you Vezerne, you better keep an eye on that 8th grader of yours.
    VS might start selling stripper poles next.

    Hell, I might be in line for one of those!
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

  9. #9

    Shycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    2,914

    Default Re: Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    I pay attention to stripper issues, because I have a very dear friend who stripped her way through nursing school.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    VS's first fragrance, called just Victoria ( I think), was one of my favorites many years ago. I believe it was the early '90s. At the time I thought it smelled elegant, mysterious, and kind of like a haunted Victorian mansion (that's good for me). I haven't smelled it since around 1992 and I have no idea what the notes were, but my scent memory of it is still positive. I've never liked any other VS scents.

    The Body Perfumery (www.thebodyperfumery.com) has a dupe of the original Victoria called Viktoriya. Has anyone here tried it? I plan to, one of these days.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    For an added chuckle, I asked the girl behind the counter about the staying power of VW's frags and she said, "We sell only high end stuff. That bottle goes for 52 dollars not on sale. So yes, it stays"


    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







    To top it off, I can't get the sh*t to wash off! I have to go into the garage and use the orange stuff that mechanics use to wash car grease off of their hands.
    And it won't come off!
    Calvin Klein CONTRADICTION

  12. #12

    Default Re: Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Loli
    Very interesting Shycat, very interesting.


    As for you Vezerne, you better keep an eye on that 8th grader of yours.
    VS might start selling stripper poles next.

    Hell, I might be in line for one of those!
    The Lovespell is one of the least of my problems. It's quite innocuous. Aargh.

  13. #13

    Shycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    2,914

    Default Re: Holy Hell, Vicoria's Stinky Secret is out!

    Quote Originally Posted by vezerne
    The Lovespell is one of the least of my problems. It's quite innocuous. Aargh.
    That's part of the point, I think, these are fragrances suitable for 8th graders, and so easy to sniff and buy while mall-ratting around.

    As for adolescents, don't get me started!!! Mine are boys, 12 and 14, and the reins are already taunt.

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody else still looking for their Holy Grail?
    By chris2005 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 25th May 2006, 05:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000