Code of Conduct

Exclamation P.O.T.L has a new scent!!!

I was just on the Beautyhabit.com site & they are taking pre-orders for the new scent called A Maze, topnotes are: henna & saffron
    middlenotes: Taif rose, orange blossom, & Wardia rose
    basenotes: agarwood, sandalwood & musk

The scent comes in 90ml edt or 90ml parfum

If this was mentioned & I just overlooked it please forgive me, I just had to report it back to you all ASAP

Default Re: P.O.T.L has a new scent!!!

Wow. I have about .2 oz of my Luctor et Emergo left. Sometimes I open it just to have a sniff. I love this one.

Henna and saffron for topnotes - very, um, unusual-sounding. I'll certainly have to try it. Unfortunately I hate the smell of henna, and saffron isn't so nice on me...but a POTL deserves a try.:bounce: Thanks for the heads-up!
    Last edited by Tovah; 18th January 2007 at 05:08 PM.

Here's what I think: A year or so ago, I'd have been appalled at the price. No more. I am now understanding that $200.00 (give or take) is becoming more common and one day will be the standard price for niche perfumes everywhere. This one now appears semi-reasonable. That's what a year of sampling Profumum, Elternhauer, and L'Arte et la Matiere will do for ya.

Saffon and henna, both dusty, potentially sour grassy/herbal, and I wonder how much agarwood is festering in the bottom (no, this is not a favorite note of mine). These three together sound like a compelling upset, but I bet the folks at POTL think they are really pushing the scented envelope with quirkiness. Edgy top, edgy bottom, safe middle. Something for the iconoclast in all of us.

I'm almost afraid to try it, I'm not sure Luctor et Emergo could be topped!

Thanks for the heads up, tinker424! I have been really looking forward to this one, so I do hope it lives up to my expectations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

More on A.Maze from the POTL website. It should be lighter than Luctor et Emergo, costs a little less and has also civet in the base. The bottle is the same Erlenmeyer as LeE and it is packaged in a lovely lilac colour.
    Almost splurged on it for an impulse buy (oh, well I have to reward myself for being faithful to Lutens and to Lutens only for a whole week ), but the site refuses my credit card...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Thanks for the scoop, a must-try for sure!

Love Luctor et Emergo, so am curious about what PotL have come up with this time.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

It will be interesting to hear how it turns out. It just doesn't sound like somthing I would be nuts about.