Code of Conduct

Default This Aussie gal needs some help..please...

Hello all... for Christmas, I was given a Heathcote & Ivory Lemon & Elemi toiletries Coffret - Shower Gel, Body Lotion & Bubble Bath.

I would love to find a fragrance that I could layer with these products, but I can't seem to find something that will go nicely with it.

I have a sample of "Pink Happiness" by Revlon, which has both Elemi & Lemon in its notes, but there's something in there that doesn't quite go with the body products.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please? (Bear in mind, I'm in Australia and I can't get all the US & European fragrances out here - plus I don't have much money to spend - I'm not working at the moment)

Thanks so much!! I really appreciate any help you could give me!
    --Liv--
    Last edited by gloomy_liv; 19th January 2007 at 09:27 PM.

Smile Re: This Aussie gal needs some help..please...

Hi gloomy_liv I sure wish I could help, but I have not heard of the fragrances you mentioned. Hang in there, there is probably someone who knows.

Default Re: This Aussie gal needs some help..please...

thanks for your honesty...I hope someone can help! Still, it's not the end of the world!

i also have not heard of them, but with the ivory and lemon, if it is a bit lemony try I Love Love by Moschino
    Current Top Five: Burberry Londen, Love Spell, Miss Dior Cherie, J.Lo Live, Provocative Interlude
    Myspace

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this is just my opinion of course, but lemon and elemi (smells like fennel/anise) seems born to layer with a chypre. Chanel Cristalle comes to mind.

I also think this would layer awesomely with a simple rose soliflore like C&E Evelyn or Fresh Bulgarian Rose. Both citrus and anise are often used as accents in rose fragrances, because the notes show up in some varietiey of actual rose plant blooms.

A strange one that also pops in my head is Agatha Brown's Imperial Jade Empress. I got a free sample of it, back when she offered them during the week she offered them after her interview with the King of basenotes, AKA Grant. Her web site is www.agatha.com and IJE is pricey, BTW. I emailed her to see if I could request a sample today-no reply yet.

There is no lemon listed in the notes, but that's what I recall and I recall it vividly. Not too sweet, not artificial smelling, not too strong. I recall a deep lemon, a tad of fruit,(I suppose this actually the blood orange, but for me--lemon) and pleasant and unusual eastern spices. The lemon impression held for me even though the heart became a bit more floral, it was so tempered by a very odd, in the nicest way since I don't like cinnamin usually, cinnamin 'leaf' and pink pepper, with a deep, dark green hint of wood. The killer base of sandalwood, vetiver, patchouli(gentle) and musk sounds like fuzzy mish-mash, but no. It was very rich and round and smiffable. Like I say, LOL, I remember it vividly. It doesn't say pretty young girl, it says serene, elegant woman.

One thing for sure, if I still think about it and recall it so well after sampling one ml several months ago, I'll have a bottle before I die. Maybe before fall asleep tonight!

Good luck, the lemon and fennel sound like something I would like as well.

thanks so much, Tink & Shycat....
    Tink, I totally forgot I have I Love Love in my collection!! I will have to try that
    Shycat, thanks for your suggestions. I've never heard of "Cristalle"..I don't think it's available to buy here in Australia - will have to check though. Next time I'm in the city, I'll have to go to the C&E store and have a look at their fragrances...on their site, it looks like they only have Evelyn Rose, not the original Evelyn. Also, I don't think Fresh is sold here in Oz, but I'll have a look around...I'm short on money at the moment, so buying off the internet is out of the question for me. Imperial Jade Empress sounds interesting...but, again, I don't think it's available here in Australia, and that means the only way I'd get it is on the net - which I can't afford to do (plus, I don't have a credit card!!)...
    Thanks so much for the suggestions - I will definitely be on the lookout for more ideas - and if anyone has any more, please don't hesitate to offer them!!

Great you are trying to combinate your bodylotion with different perfumes! I am in to the same thing right now, and one can find great combinations! As one can´t have as many bodylotions as perfumes, this is an impotant thing to do, IMO!

I suggest you smell all your bottles, I guess you can make one, two or even three matches with what you already have.

And... Trust your own nose!!!

Good Luck!!!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

thanks Margareta..

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy_liv
    thanks so much, Tink & Shycat....
    Tink, I totally forgot I have I Love Love in my collection!! I will have to try that
    Shycat, thanks for your suggestions. I've never heard of "Cristalle"..I don't think it's available to buy here in Australia - will have to check though. Next time I'm in the city, I'll have to go to the C&E store and have a look at their fragrances...on their site, it looks like they only have Evelyn Rose, not the original Evelyn. Also, I don't think Fresh is sold here in Oz, but I'll have a look around...I'm short on money at the moment, so buying off the internet is out of the question for me. Imperial Jade Empress sounds interesting...but, again, I don't think it's available here in Australia, and that means the only way I'd get it is on the net - which I can't afford to do (plus, I don't have a credit card!!)...
    Thanks so much for the suggestions - I will definitely be on the lookout for more ideas - and if anyone has any more, please don't hesitate to offer them!!
    Tell me how the layering with i love love works outs!

and the crisstalle, i don't know if it will be the same as in america, but its one of the fragrances you hav3e to go to a chanel botique for.
    Current Top Five: Burberry Londen, Love Spell, Miss Dior Cherie, J.Lo Live, Provocative Interlude
    Myspace