Code of Conduct

Default Habanita powdery?

What responses have you experienced when wearing Habanita? I have EdT, it is harsh at the opening (ashtray) but very soon develops to nice warm powder. What about EdP or P (if exists)? Do they differ much or are only stronger?
    Thanks

Default Re: Habanita powdery?

I do so agree with you about the startling opening of Habanita edt,

but aren't the next few hours worth it!!

I believe from the Molinard site that the perfume has the same notes only in

stronger concentration obviously.

It's 99 euros as opposed to 65.

Haven't tried the perfume - the EDT is strong enough for me.

I love the powdery drydown - someone said it was like babypowder on steroids!!

I get an oily powder from it, occasionally along with something that is being smoked (I don't mean tobacco products. I mean something that is being grilled over peat.) It's too, too much for me.

The vintage parfum is magnificent. There is less of the overwhelming powder and more of the leather. Occasionally this can be found on auction.

I have the parfum don't believe there is a edp? The parfum is more on the leather than the edt which I get lots of powder from. Not stronger but richer is the word I would use between the edt and parfum.
    DONNA

"...first explored by Molinard's Habanita, of pairing dry woody notes with a sweet, powdery core...When perfectly executed, as in Trésor, the effect is a shimmering, delectable cloud, a cross between talcum powder and caster sugar."

I have just recieved Habanita vintage parfum and I love it! It's very much like Les Nereides-Imperial Opoponax (wich I also love). Both are powdery but Habanita opened up with a little more "oomph" than Imperial Opoponax. I think I detected a few roses in the top note but now, half an hour later they're gone. A little leather protects Habanita from being too soft and cuddely. A new favourite indeed

Am addicted to Habanita EDT (never tried the parfum) - on me, the tobacco and roses are dominant and the drydown is more amber than powder.

(Julia7 - is that Pippy Longstocking??? She's my role model!! :bounce
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady

(Julia7 - is that Pippy Longstocking??? She's my role model!! :bounce
    Yes, ineed it's ms Longstocking. She's so cool and I love that vintage picture of her. In fact, i love everything Astrid Lindgren ever written

I'd like to try the Habanita EDT since the parfum stuck very close to my skin. Maybe the EDT is a little bit sharper around the edges as well? I'm on a pure perfume kick for the moment but I must admit some EDTs has their advantages.

Good lord, Habanita on me is the very EPITOME of baby powder on steroids. Or rather, a ton of baby powder on top of a layer of dirty panties.

No leather, nothing. Habanita hates me.

Quote Originally Posted by julia7
    Yes, ineed it's ms Longstocking. She's so cool and I love that vintage picture of her. In fact, i love everything Astrid Lindgren ever written

I'd like to try the Habanita EDT since the parfum stuck very close to my skin. Maybe the EDT is a little bit sharper around the edges as well? I'm on a pure perfume kick for the moment but I must admit some EDTs has their advantages.
    Tell ya, Pippy - one thing I've learned in my short time here, is that one cannot make generalizations about one formulation in comparison to others because there ARE NO general rules that apply. One of the things that make this such an exciting adventure. We get general directions and hints from the well seasoned travelers who've been there - but in the final analysis everyone's journey is different.

E.G. I have trouble with longevity and sillage because I have dry skin and am "of a certain age" but on me Habanita EDT proudly announces her presence in an unmistakably Latin way and then hangs around for a long long long time!!

Hope she works for you too! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I have the Habanita EdT, and it works very well on my skin. There's leather and smoke, just a little bit of powder and the drydown is smooth amber.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden