Code of Conduct

Default Spraying on Pets?

Today for the heck of it I sprayed a bit of Le Male on my cat (the back of the neck). I figured since it was applied at an area where the cat is not able to "lick" it should be alright. Now my cat smells nice

So erm... any other sickos out there doing similar things?
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

Default Re: Spraying on Pets?

Quote Originally Posted by yonggoh
    Today for the heck of it I sprayed a bit of Le Male on my cat (the back of the neck). I figured since it was applied at an area where the cat is not able to "lick" it should be alright. Now my cat smells nice

So erm... any other sickos out there doing similar things?
    I'm calling the ASPCA you sick bastard!

Don't they publicly cane people in Malaysia for lesser offenses?
    "Le Male"ing your cat HAS to be on par with smuggling a gram or two of tar heroin in your shorts....

Seriously, my Lhasa Apso LOVES Tam Dao... She licks my neck like I'm a puppy treat. But I would NEVER spray my pets with a (potentially unwanted) frag. That is just wrong...

P
    Last edited by Scentsibility; 20th January 2007 at 02:49 AM.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Dogs and cats have extremely sensitive noses. Spraying perfume on them is just cruel.
    Last edited by knightowl; 20th January 2007 at 03:16 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Thrax

My poor 3 legged, blind, deaf, and half retarded gerbil.....

Cats lick their paws and use them to wash areas they can't lick directly. Quit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    My poor 3 legged, blind, deaf, and half retarded gerbil.....

ROTFL!

And what, exactly, did you do with said gerbil???

Paul
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsibility
    ROTFL!

And what, exactly, did you do with said gerbil???

Paul
    I figured that he would have loved the decant of Halston Z-14 mixed with Jicky that I dumped on him. I guess he just coudlnt say that he did'nt like it. Someone take me away....

oh true... ok... that would be the first and last time then hehehe...
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe

My parents had a chihuahua named Pepper who had a habit of rolling in (and eating) goose shit at a local park. My mother loves White Diamonds perfume, Elizabeth Taylors' claim to fame in the perfume world. Anyway, my dad decides to wash Pepper's neck after a walk in the park, because the little dog rolled in some stinking duck shit. He thought by spaying some of mama's White Diamonds on her, would freshen her up even more. Since I loved the little chihuahua, when I came over to visit, I'd picked the dog up and nuzzle
    her. All I could smell was shit and perfume. I asked my dad about it. He said he sprayed White Diamonds on the dog to help her smell better. I said, "She does'nt smell like Elizabeth Taylor, she smells like Elizabeth Taylors' ASS!!!"
    My parents got a laugh out of it. The dog is dead now and White Diamonds will always remind me of that endearing little creature.

S
    Last edited by stevolution; 20th January 2007 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    Dogs and cats have extremely sensitive noses. Spraying perfume on them is just cruel.

I was just going to mention that! Thank you!

That is very cruel!

Have a little respect for your furry friends, what the hell is wrong with you?

I make a point to spray in my walkin closet or in the bathroom and I keep the door shut after I walk out. Out of respect for my dog and cat.

Something to consider if you have pets.
    From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it.
    Bette Davis

Don't spray your pet, don't spray around your pet, don't light scented candles, don't cook meals in your house, and don't have fragrant plants in your house.

Seriously, while I think it may be a bit over-the-top to spray your animal with perfume, it is not likely harming them unless they have an alergic reaction to the scent. As with humans, olfactory fatigue ensures that "background" smells aren't constantly at the forefront of consciousness, and are unlike to distract your animal for long. Anyone who's ever worked on a cow farm knows how awful cow manure smells, but also knows that after a few minutes, you don't really notice it.

Still, I personally would never spray my dog or cats, but I don't think you're harming them in any way (again, as long as they are not allergic to it) by doing so. They do make something called "Oh My Dog!" and "Oh My Cat!" fragrances specifically for those animals, so you may want to look into that (although I think it would have been more clever if it were "Eau My Dog!" instead).

And just for the record- my cousin once sprayed his dog with cologne because he said he smelled bad. My aunt got mad, citing that animals' noses are sensitive and that he was harming them. My aunt also smokes 2 packs of cigarettes a day in the house. Tell me what's worse?

Yeah, that's pretty messed up. Please don't ever do it again. =/

I really don't think fragrances are all that harmful to pets. Hell, I can't get my cat to leave me alone when I'm wearing SMW. Even freshly sprayed the little furball is all up in my grill sniffing my neck.

A bit overboard to spray animals, but you've gotten enough dings I won't add one more. .... oops, too late! :-)
    De gustibus non est disputandum

They have a set of "Dog scents" at Marshalls currently that claim to be perfectly safe for use on dogs. They're quite cheap too - 4 or 5 dog-shaped glass atomizers for about $6

I also recently saw some hilarious "CK-9" cologne that was a lookalike of "CK-1" but marketed to our canine friends. It actually smelled pretty nice.

ROFL! Thanks for the laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevolution
    My parents had a chihuahua named Pepper who had a habit of rolling in (and eating) goose shit at a local park. My mother loves White Diamonds perfume, Elizabeth Taylors' claim to fame in the perfume world. Anyway, my dad decides to wash Pepper's neck after a walk in the park, because the little dog rolled in some stinking duck shit. He thought by spaying some of mama's White Diamonds on her, would freshen her up even more. Since I loved the little chihuahua, when I came over to visit, I'd picked the dog up and nuzzle
    her. All I could smell was shit and perfume. I asked my dad about it. He said he sprayed White Diamonds on the dog to help her smell better. I said, "She does'nt smell like Elizabeth Taylor, she smells like Elizabeth Taylors' ASS!!!"
    My parents got a laugh out of it. The dog is dead now and White Diamonds will always remind me of that endearing little creature.

S
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Quote Originally Posted by Ab74
    I also recently saw some hilarious "CK-9" cologne that was a lookalike of "CK-1" but marketed to our canine friends. It actually smelled pretty nice.
    That's a boring, mass-market scent, designed to appeal to the canine masses. Sillage and longevity are poor. Personally, I prefer niche canine scents. Today my dog's SOTD is Green Irish Setter.

------------
    Last edited by Trebor; 1st June 2007 at 10:15 AM.

Blog Entries

My cats are indoor cats, and I personally LOVE the way they naturally smell. I wouldn't dream of tampering with that smell.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Pet stores sell freshening scents for people who don't care to actually bathe, dry and brush the animal. I actually like the way dogs smell, especially labs. Labs are really musky. I didn't care for the scent of the Dalmation I had but when you realize that the primary concern with Dal breeders is spots you know why so many have so many health problems. Deafness being the most prevalent.
    If you apply your scent and your dog licks it off and lays down and licks his/her crotch for an hour, then you will have excellent karma that day.

i don't think i ever sprayed any of my dogs, but one time i was hugging one of my dogs and she smelled really nice! I couldn't figure out why for the longest time. Occasionally she would just smell really nice, finally I figured out it was because sometimes my sister would be wearing Opium and then hug her. Wow that is some strong perfume.