Code of Conduct

Talking SotD Saturday 20 January

A really delightful sample box of 'Parfums MDCI' (Paris) with five bottles, each containing ten (!) ml. of fragrance is waiting for me. Fragrances I have very high expectations of.

Sample box?? I wish every house made sample boxes like this one!

The three fragrances for women were created by Francis Kurkdjian, but at the moment my cravings are for the masculine scents made by Pierre Bourdon and Stéphanie Bakouche.

However, to do them fully justice, I will first wear today the refreshing and uplifting Pamplelune

That will give my nose the rest it needs after the Lutens Week!

And then: let the testing feast begin! :bounce:
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Saturday 20 January

Today it's time for Un Bois Sépia, my "tree-hugging" scent.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Starting with Mania by Giorgio Armani for today (the 1999 vintage with the black cap). It has very rich amber and incence notes and it is better than NU in terms of projection. I will perhaps changing to something abit more vibrant for a friend's b'day party tonight. It is a rainbow theme night. I don't think I have anything in my wardrobe which is representative. I might go out and get a rainbow ribbon and tie it on my head.

Suggestions are welcomed for the 'scent of the night'... is there a scent which smells like rainbow?

I have decided to wear Pink Sugar... (I couldn't think of a colourful scent to match the theme)
    Last edited by Coconut; 20th January 2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: to show my sotn

Now this is fun: LLP's version of the original Ambush...they call it Deception.

I like the little bit of citrus blended in with all the clary sage, basil, mignonette, ylang-ylang and sandalwood..and the citrus is lime no less.

Altogether a sultry feel and very 60s...

Ambush was popular when I was a girl, but I steered clear of popular scents, now I can enjoy it a bit

So I'm sleeping in Deception

After the successful Lutens-week, I'm wearing Tam Dao today.

Have a nice weekend!
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

I decided to try another of my samples... [B]Ralph Hot/B] by Ralph Lauren - not liking it at all...I got a huge cinnamon **whoosh**, and that's how it's stayed for over 4 hours...it made me feel sick to my stomach for the first hour, but I decided to keep it on to see whether it developped. On my skin, it didn't. Shame... I heard a few good reviews of it.

L'Heure Bleue, Guerlain.

Dior Addict. I don't know why I wear this but once a year. I suppose it can be a bit stuffy, and I'd forgotten to notice the spice element to it. In some ways I feel this is a sister scent to Hypnotic Poison.

L'Heure Bleue again for me today. Definitely a go-to scent for me when I can't decide what to wear.

::buries nose down shirt and nurses a crush on Jacques Guerlain::

Shalimar for today, EdT and bodylotion.

Have a nice weekend, all BN:s!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I'm wearing FlowerbyKenzo le Parfum this morning.

Eau d'Hermes

Welcome to Sue from Australia. Please enjoy your stay here.

To Coconut: I do not know how you like Kenzo fragrances, but I thought of Le Monde Est Beau immediately after reading your request for a "rainbowy" scent. A very uplifting composition with citrus, cherry blossom and warm woods. *** Editing: on second thought, I browsed through your wardrobe and saw Gilles Cantuel Creature d'Anges -- love this scent, so soft and so multifaceted.

It's raining buckets here, I am wearing Genny black. Have a nice weekend!
    Last edited by Twolf; 20th January 2007 at 11:59 AM.

Annick Goutal Duel
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Yves Rocher COCOON.

Soft, warm, comforting scent with hints of chocolate and patchouli.

Not like Angel, however much it may sound the same.

I´m wearing Kingdom today, and feeling like a queen,

It´s been raining since September (well, almost...) here, but last night snowflakes the size of plums (sorry, couldn´t find a better word) hit the ground.
    This morning the rain started pouring down again...today I think I´ll just stay in bed, read a good book, eat chocolate AND force hubby to make dinner.
    This will be a good day, indeed!

:bounce:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Musse, sounds like a very good plan for a day to me! Enjoy!

Ananas Fizz - L'Artisan
    Wishlist is pointless.

bleu autumn haze

It's snowing again here in Kansas, and I have decided to squeeze one more day of Serge into my week ... I'm wearing SL Fumerie Turque today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I have been hoarding lots of new samples from other houses during our Serge week. It will take me quite a while to make it through my list.

This morning I have Penhaligon's Bluebell on one wrist, and Lily and Spice on the other. So refreshing, both of these have a close to the skin subtlety that is very "civilized." The Bluebell reminds me of a garden, as a child my Mom had a passion for some of the old mansions, like Sleepy Hollow in No Tarrytown, NY, for example. Bluebell immediately places me in a sundress, strolling in a garden, with white gloves, getting ready to sit down to tea.
    Lily and Spice is less sweet, rather wet, very soft and subtle.

I like both very much, Lily and spice seems a bit more versatile to me and here they go onto my wishlist.

I also put a small sample of Brandy on the inner crook of an elbow.
    This one smells like apple pie with cinnamon crumblies fresh out of the oven. A bit too foody for my liking. Nice , but not on the "can't live without it," list.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

At work today I wore Pure Poison....got an odd reaction from it,had to scrath and scratch but nothing helped After work I decided to switch into Crystal Noir. Much better

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Way to go, musse!

It won't add to your fun to know I'm wearing Rochas Femme today, trying to make myself wearing something other than Ambre Narguile, but I think I'm in love with AN. It could be THE ONE. I'm not going to rush the relationship. Most wonderfully, DH likes AN a lot. No sour vomit note from RF today.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

YSATIS by Givenchy Lots of sillage, the Mr. isn't going to like it! Good thing I taught him that mouth-breathing trick

Still feeling nostalgic....LB Venezia

Today I'll be wearing Neiges by Lise Watier. I've been craving it. Maybe it's because it finally "neige-d" here.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Le Baiser du Dragon EdP for the eve. This frag is possible to wear with Shalimar bodylotion, who still is smelling on my skin since the morning. I do believe that Kenzo Amour EdP also is possible to use with Shalimar bodylotion, I will try that another day.
    Last edited by Margareta; 20th January 2007 at 06:54 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I'm wearing such a jumble of different fragrances today that is is impossible to name them all . Have a nice week-end!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Carlos Santana EDP:
    Neroli Flower, California Pear Skin, Cassis, Coconut Water, Freesia, Japanese Plum, Calla Lily Accord, Iris, Chocolate, Musk, Sandalwood.
    Really smells nice and is a change from what I usually wear.

Testing L'Artisan Dzongkha today. Dry leather, incense, smoke. For some reason, I'm seeing sun-parched red desert rather than snow-capped Tibetan mountain. A bit of a mournful scent...
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

I'm wearing Tabac Blond parfum on my right wrist, Narcisse Noir parfum on my left, thanks to my visit to the Caron boutique.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

I'm testing L'Artisan Dzonka and Tea for Two right now. I've also been dabbing bits of all the non-Lutens samples that arrived during SL week, and craving great big spritzes of my non-Lutens favorites. I think I'll go with Nahema tonight.

Le Baiser du Dragon Parfum

Count me among those indulging in non-Lutens samples and bottles after last week. SoTD was Idole de Lubin... lots of compliments on this one today. Hurrah!

Later, testing out Lagerfeld's Sun Moon Stars on one hand (the jury's still out on that one, something weird about the heliotrope and the water lily, which may well grow on me)... Also trying out Hermes Hiris on the other hand -- absolutely LOVE it!!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Hello everyone,
    Ahh you all smell so awesome!

I am a scent-twin with Musse today; weraing Kingdom .

Top notes: Calabrian Bergamot, Tunisian Neroli, Sicilian Mandarin, orange
    Middle notes: Fresh ginger, White Jasmine, Pink Pepper
    Base notes: Patchouli leaves, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Vanilla

My sweet hubby is wearing Very Valentino today.

Top notes: Clary Sage, Anise, Nutmeg, Coriander
    Middle notes: Thyme, Rosewood, Carnation, Lavender
    Base notes: Sandal, Cedarwood, Amber, Musk
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 21st January 2007 at 03:05 AM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Wearing Poivre tonight...I bought a 1/4 oz bottle last summer and received a big bottle as a b'day gift...I love this stuff!

Polo Sport Extreme for Men
    Gary

I wore my sample of Little Italy today. It's tenacious, so tonight I'm wearing a sort of blend of Little Italy and New York Fling.
    Last edited by Tovah; 21st January 2007 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf

To Coconut: I do not know how you like Kenzo fragrances, but I thought of Le Monde Est Beau immediately after reading your request for a "rainbowy" scent. A very uplifting composition with citrus, cherry blossom and warm woods. *** Editing: on second thought, I browsed through your wardrobe and saw Gilles Cantuel Creature d'Anges -- love this scent, so soft and so multifaceted.

It's raining buckets here, I am wearing Genny black. Have a nice weekend!
    Thanks Twolf, I love both Le Monde Est Beau and Gilles Cantuel Creature d'Anges. I bought Gilles Cantuel Creature d'Anges from the San Fransisco Sephora many years ago. I think I should wear it more often It has a very soft honey note to it.
    Have a nice weekend!

oops! forgot to post today. got a big box of samples from perfumerie generale, and i tried cuir venenum. the description from the sample card:

"sombre, heady and opulent leather is generally an inevitable component of men's perfumery. reinterpreted, modernized - even feminised - it shows a new oriental and erotic facet that gives it depth and mystery. Perfumerie Generale has made this luxurious leather note vibrant and vivid by combining absolute of orange blossom, hints of citrus and sacred myrrh. not only doeos this scent have a powerful trail, but also exceptional staying power due to the novel combination of polyalcohols of coconut and musk that imparts a highly original sensual effect."

it smells very GRAPE-y to me, grapes and leather. it almost smells like alcohol on another person's breath, but not in a nasty way. my BF said it smells like "ice wine," though i'm afraid i don't know what that is. i'm not sure about this one....it might be just too much grape. i don't see the comparison to chinatown that tinker made - do you know what it was specifically that made you think that, tinker?
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

I wore Highland Lilac today on one arm and Yves Rocher Pur Desir de Lilas on the other. A nice spring in Janurary day!