Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SotD Saturday 20 January

I'm testing L'Artisan Dzonka and Tea for Two right now. I've also been dabbing bits of all the non-Lutens samples that arrived during SL week, and craving great big spritzes of my non-Lutens favorites. I think I'll go with Nahema tonight.

Le Baiser du Dragon Parfum

Boston, MA

Count me among those indulging in non-Lutens samples and bottles after last week. SoTD was Idole de Lubin... lots of compliments on this one today. Hurrah!

Later, testing out Lagerfeld's Sun Moon Stars on one hand (the jury's still out on that one, something weird about the heliotrope and the water lily, which may well grow on me)... Also trying out Hermes Hiris on the other hand -- absolutely LOVE it!!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Iris by Prada

Hello everyone,
    Ahh you all smell so awesome!

I am a scent-twin with Musse today; weraing Kingdom .

Top notes: Calabrian Bergamot, Tunisian Neroli, Sicilian Mandarin, orange
    Middle notes: Fresh ginger, White Jasmine, Pink Pepper
    Base notes: Patchouli leaves, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Vanilla

My sweet hubby is wearing Very Valentino today.

Top notes: Clary Sage, Anise, Nutmeg, Coriander
    Middle notes: Thyme, Rosewood, Carnation, Lavender
    Base notes: Sandal, Cedarwood, Amber, Musk
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 21st January 2007 at 02:05 AM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Wearing Poivre tonight...I bought a 1/4 oz bottle last summer and received a big bottle as a b'day gift...I love this stuff!
    Currently wearing: Bluebell by Penhaligon's

Polo Sport Extreme for Men

I wore my sample of Little Italy today. It's tenacious, so tonight I'm wearing a sort of blend of Little Italy and New York Fling.
    Last edited by Tovah; 21st January 2007 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf

To Coconut: I do not know how you like Kenzo fragrances, but I thought of Le Monde Est Beau immediately after reading your request for a "rainbowy" scent. A very uplifting composition with citrus, cherry blossom and warm woods. *** Editing: on second thought, I browsed through your wardrobe and saw Gilles Cantuel Creature d'Anges -- love this scent, so soft and so multifaceted.

It's raining buckets here, I am wearing Genny black. Have a nice weekend!
    Thanks Twolf, I love both Le Monde Est Beau and Gilles Cantuel Creature d'Anges. I bought Gilles Cantuel Creature d'Anges from the San Fransisco Sephora many years ago. I think I should wear it more often It has a very soft honey note to it.
    Have a nice weekend!

New York City

oops! forgot to post today. got a big box of samples from perfumerie generale, and i tried cuir venenum. the description from the sample card:

"sombre, heady and opulent leather is generally an inevitable component of men's perfumery. reinterpreted, modernized - even feminised - it shows a new oriental and erotic facet that gives it depth and mystery. Perfumerie Generale has made this luxurious leather note vibrant and vivid by combining absolute of orange blossom, hints of citrus and sacred myrrh. not only doeos this scent have a powerful trail, but also exceptional staying power due to the novel combination of polyalcohols of coconut and musk that imparts a highly original sensual effect."

it smells very GRAPE-y to me, grapes and leather. it almost smells like alcohol on another person's breath, but not in a nasty way. my BF said it smells like "ice wine," though i'm afraid i don't know what that is. i'm not sure about this might be just too much grape. i don't see the comparison to chinatown that tinker made - do you know what it was specifically that made you think that, tinker?
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Nashville, Tennessee

I wore Highland Lilac today on one arm and Yves Rocher Pur Desir de Lilas on the other. A nice spring in Janurary day!