Code of Conduct

Thread: About Havana...

Default About Havana...

I've been interested in the threads about this fragrance and it being discontinued ever since I joined BN. I mentioned the below in a PM to another BNoter after doing a trade of Havana...I'm not too sure about it not being in production anymore:

Reason: Havana is very much available at the major retail stores here and I've never heard from a sales assistant (!) that it was discontinued. What I did hear however, was that the 100ml size Havana EDT and the Reserve (in whatever size) were discontinued. The 50ml is available most places I've looked though.

Another reason - I am in the Human Resources dept of one of the biggest food and clothing retailers here and we just recently (about 2 months ago) launched a beauty dept which includes cosmetics and FEW fragrances. Aramis is one of the brands we offer. (Also Guerlain where I got the L'Instand PH EDP!!) On Monday past I enquired about Havana and was told it was out of stock at all of our stores. Then it hit me - maybe the guys here were right - it's no more in production. Two days ago I walked in a store to buy L'Instant, and there was Havana - quite a few! I asked the SA what the story was, and she told me that it arrived that very day.

Before Christmas, at another store (not one of ours), I asked about Havana - the SA told me it's not yet on the shelves, but she brought me a gift pack from newly arrived stock, together with a toiletry bag for the past festive season...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Angry Re: About Havana...

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean1973
    I've been interested in the threads about this fragrance and it being discontinued ever since I joined BN. I mentioned the below in a PM to another BNoter after doing a trade of Havana...I'm not too sure about it not being in production anymore:

Reason: Havana is very much available at the major retail stores here and I've never heard from a sales assistant (!) that it was discontinued. What I did hear however, was that the 100ml size Havana EDT and the Reserve (in whatever size) were discontinued. The 50ml is available most places I've looked though.

Another reason - I am in the Human Resources dept of one of the biggest food and clothing retailers here and we just recently (about 2 months ago) launched a beauty dept which includes cosmetics and FEW fragrances. Aramis is one of the brands we offer. (Also Guerlain where I got the L'Instand PH EDP!!) On Monday past I enquired about Havana and was told it was out of stock at all of our stores. Then it hit me - maybe the guys here were right - it's no more in production. Two days ago I walked in a store to buy L'Instant, and there was Havana - quite a few! I asked the SA what the story was, and she told me that it arrived that very day.

Before Christmas, at another store (not one of ours), I asked about Havana - the SA told me it's not yet on the shelves, but she brought me a gift pack from newly arrived stock, together with a toiletry bag for the past festive season...

HAVANA! (for Men I assume) Dayum! I am happy for you but mad as hell it isnt available in my area in stores. Other than by purchase from another kindly soul who owns it and is willing to sell it via Basenotes or via eBay or online stores that charge arms and legs for it, nada! I have searched high and low in South Florida and nary a drop in any store..

Sounds like I need to make a phone call to the sales department at the Aramis Company Division of Estee Lauder to find out wtf is going on in the USA.

Havana For Men is probably my favorite scent if you haven't already guessed.
    Last edited by kbe; 20th January 2007 at 08:15 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Default Re: About Havana...

Quote Originally Posted by kbe
    HAVANA! (for Men I assume) Dayum! I am happy for you but mad as hell it isnt available in my area in stores. Other than by purchase from another kindly soul who owns it and is willing to sell it via Basenotes or via eBay or online stores that charge arms and legs for it, nada! I have searched high and low in South Florida and nary a drop in any store..

Sounds like I need to make a phone call to the sales department at the Aramis Company Division of Estee Lauder to find out wtf is going on in the USA.

Havana For Men is probably my favorite scent if you haven't already guessed.
    I was only thinking today about how wonderful a country South Africa is, especially Cape Town. The people in Cape Town are quite magnificent. Among the kindest, most helpful there is. In short, just wonderful, wonderful people.

**wanders off to check current exchange rates and postage prices to the UK**

Default Re: About Havana...

What this shows is that fragrance release is sometimes regional not global. Because manufacturing is sometimes regional.

The SA Havana is made in SA. I suspect that most of the U.S. Havana was made in the U.S. (Where was your bottle of Havana made?) Manufacturing in the U.S has clearly ceased but seems to have continued in SA.

Here is something I posted earlier that got no responses

"I have three 50ml bottles of Havana. The first one I got was made in Switzerland and it has a citric top note that I don't really like. Fortunately it doesn't last and the dry down is as expected. But the other two bottles that I have were made in S. Africa (thanks jellybean!) and the citric top note is missing, and replaced by something that is more complex and interesting. The basenotes of the S. African Havana are identical, however, to the Swiss."

So SA goes on producing Havana — but then, why the f*ck doesn't Aramis export some to its other markets!! We know the demand is there!

To be a top exec in a fragrance company you have to have an IQ that is way up there — double digits!
    There are people to whom the truth of language does not matter — they are known as liars.