Code of Conduct

Default Something to get him weak at the knees!

OK! My cousin is very determined to get this younger guy (he's 25 and she's 31).

She's head over hills in love with this 'as handsome as Adonis' guy. They met on a language course! Not only is he cute, but he's way too serious for his age, incredibly intelligent, a bookwarm, loves movies and speaks 3 languages! Enough to impress any girl! My cousin hardly gets impressed, especially by men and especially by VERY YOUNG MEN!
    I did tell her to forget about him, he's too young and probably not single, since he's THAT cute!

After so many sleepless nights and many, many phone calls (it's me she's been calling for the last 3 months), I decided to help a cousin in need (OK, she's my husband's cousin, but here in Greece- your husband's cousins are YOUR cousins, too!). HUH!

Being very attractive and highly intelligent she had little luck in attracting his attention. Although his 'relationship is in a major crisis', she did very little to get him interested just because she's a very well behaved woman , respecting the fact that he is 'taken'! Although there were some hidden signals from his part, she would withdraw and shy away.

Until now, her seduction tactics has been to wow him with her intelligence, knowlegde and humour. Does it really work, I say, when it comes to seducing a man?

She's familiar with my passion for perfumes. We talked one day about the effect certain scents have on men and I came to the idea of trying to use a perfume to enhance 'her personality'.
    My hubby loves strong, spicy and very sweet fragrances, which I wear now and then, just to please him , but what would a 25 year old guy like to smell on a 31 year old woman?? Questions, questions, questions!

Ofcourse, she couldn't possible allow herself to try to look, talk and smell like 20 year old girl. I mean, she IS fun and cute, but there's an air of seriousness about her. Showing her cleavage is out of the question (although it's something I'd do!), so she's sticks with an idea that with a right fragrance and attitude she could 'get her guy'!
    This time, she promises, she will not blush at him whenever he talks to her, she'll be more confident and less school-girlish.

So,now, what frag should she try??? What could be appealing to a 25 year old man?

Do you recommend something 'va-va-voom' sexy or something on a lighter side?

I'm dying to see your suggestions! thanks!

...........D
    I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.-Anais Nin

Default Re: Something to get him weak at the knees!

Well, I'm a 31 year old male but my fiancee is 21 and these are what I love on her and what she gets loads of compliments on...

*Chanel Allure
    *Christian Dior Pure Poison
    *Armani Code pour femme
    *Creed Spring Flowers

Although these may not be the most exclusive or daring of fragrances they each are unforgettable IMHO and are quite "flirty" as we say here in the States.

If she really wants to seduce him (and maybe/most likely will have her heart broken afterwards), heres a good strategy (I have heard, not tried it myself ): She should sit very close to him, look him deep in the eyes while very lightly touching his arm, and tell him what she feels for him, and that she would like to kiss him. Then she moves her face closer to his, still holding eye contact. If hes just a bit interested, he will kiss her in five seconds.
    Her scent should be light and have a touch of vanilla.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Dear cookisoull,

Your suggestions seem very nice. I think Pure Poison is a good idea!

musse,your seduction strategy sounds great!
    I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.-Anais Nin

Having been desribed as the rigor of intellectual elegance and restraint, Chanel No.19 had a profound affect me when I was in my mid-twenties. The woman was in her late thirties. She was/is a knockout. No.19 is best suited for women with great substance IMO. Sounds like your friend might be up to it.

Everytime i smell Samsara i feel my defenses falling!

Not sure if she wants him to get weak in the knees and other places. Speaking from my past experiences, perfumes alone are not enough to attract attention (and sometimes they DID attract the type of people I would never go out with under normal circumstances!) and, moreover, to keep that initial interest aglow. In general, light (even powdery) florals, on the sweet side, with a hint of vanilla would work until she gets to know his preferences better. I will keep my fingers crossed that the target is not allergic and the fragrance she chooses does not cause the awakening of the past negative experiences. Also what if he is not into the traditional type of relationship?

That being said, may I recommend:
    L'Artisan La Chasse de Papillons,
    Guerlain AA Pivoine Magnifica, AA Foliflora,
    Cerutti 1881,
    Nina Ricci Premier Jour,
    Annick Goutal Eau de Camille.
    With a grain of salt, hoping for the best and prepared for the worst, that is.

I have to say, although today is the first test of it, Jalaine's Patchouli has man-killer credentials. It's a vanilla patchouli musk, soft and a bit sweet. It says reasonably close to the skin, which is paramount for most men, and it lasts an incredible 10 hours per drop. Her patchouli can be bought as a 'refill', which is still a very nice bottle, to avoid the exorbitant price of her crystal flacon.

Trite but true, the most beautiful thing a woman can wear is a smile. That's my only advice, especially if nothing is funny, meet his eyes and smile. He'll notice, and feel welcomed if not downright invited. It's the most flattering thing in the world, to have another person smile just for you. If he's the least interested, over time, that should be all it takes. I'd feel free to nudge him with a simple invitation "Let's go sit outside!" or "Come sit with me!" He sounds like he could use some cheerful and friendly company, anyway.
    Last edited by Shycat; 21st January 2007 at 09:36 PM.

Tricky tricky

Some scents will make men drop to their knees while others will repel them. What works wonders on one will make another sneeze. I would suggest a scent that makes her feel sexy and seductive and while she feels that way she will come across in such a fashion. I think it's more imporant she likes it then he does.

PS tell her not to over spray anything either

Based on my own experience, I'd try something light, sweet and vanillic. She should be wearing the perfume; the perfume should not be wearing her. Vanilla also seems to have a really resonant association for many men... it reminds them of candy, of the sensual and slightly guilty pleasure of eating something sweet, but it also reminds them of security and home, with their mothers baking something in the oven. It can say, "I'm tasty, try some," or it can say, "I'm the girl who'll bake cookies for our children one day," or it can say both. I'd rule against extremely dark, complicated, leathery or spicy scents (though I do like them) as they can be distracting, or can seem aggressive and campy.

The perfumes that have gotten me the most attention: Burberry Brit (my boyfriend seriously pleads for me to wear this one more often), Chanel Coco, Datura Noir, J.Lo Live, and Angel (careful with this one - a lot of people don't like it, though it's always worked wonders for me).

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

I would say lighter is better, I even suggest a scented lotion of her intended scent instead of actual perfume! Nothing repells Mr.Tinker (who is also 4 years younger than me) like the idea he will smell like my perfume .
    Good luck to your cousin & her Adonis!

hmmm..sounds like an interesting dilemma! I personally am the wrong person to offer an opinion about how to seduce men with fragrances..A) Because I'm only new when it comes to fragrances & B) I'm 21 and have never had a boyfriend/guy interested in me!

But, I agree with a few other posts - a light scent would be her best bet. For some reason, what first came to mind was Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. It's nice & light, but still noticable. I was also thinking maybe a softer, vanilla based fragrance. Can't think of anything at the moment (other than possibly Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier - the EdT).

Good luck to your cousin (we have the same custom in Italian culture as in the Greek culture - your partner's cousin/cousin's cousin/whatever is considered your cousin!!)

Wink Re: Something to get him weak at the knees!

Hi Dora dear!!!

How are you?

What a sweet thought of you to go out of your way for your cousin like this (I do understand the concept! an extended family, so nice)

Honestly I do not believe perfume alone has such powers. It enhances what we have, but does not act alone.

Now, do you want to hear something you haven't heard mentioned here before and has chances of working?
    OK...............................................
    Tell her to act *very cool* and indifferent from now on, even a little hostile to him! If he has a less attractive friend, it would be a good idea if she showed some casual interest in him instead. Do it while he is present...

He is obviously not very interested in her right now (the "relationship in crisis" is evasion I believe) but is probably flattered by her attention (as she has shown her interest in subtle ways; surely he must have known by now). So that tactic will make him re-assess the case and wonder what did he do and what his male friend has that he hasn't.
    That should ignite the competitive urge in him and he will pursue her! (out of ego, but maybe in the end a feeling will grow....) Perfume or no perfume.

Thank you guys for your suggestions! You're such a smart gang!

I am quite aware that perfume alone has no such power, but I emphasise that we are looking for something to 'enhance her personality' and to give her more confidence!

Well, since I do own couple of Samsara decants, she tried an EDP one. She liked it...a lot. It's something she's not used to, but I see there's a 'potential' in her. Samsara is both sensual and kinda 'spiritual' and 'serene', at least to me. I think it's suits her perfectly.
    She also tried Narciso Rogriguez for she, which is considered musky and 'sexy'.
    Anyway, since I don't like it and can't wear I gave her a decant of my own to give a try.

If anything, she will smell good!