Code of Conduct

Default How to put perfume into tiny bottles?

Someone recommended that I put my Ciara into a little bottle and dab it on. So I have this adorable mini perfume bottle that I tried spritzing into from my big bottle. But a lot of my perfume was dripping all over the place and only a small amount got into the little bottle! Is there an easier way to do this?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to put perfume into tiny bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by kate13
    Someone recommended that I put my Ciara into a little bottle and dab it on. So I have this adorable mini perfume bottle that I tried spritzing into from my big bottle. But a lot of my perfume was dripping all over the place and only a small amount got into the little bottle! Is there an easier way to do this?
    You might try the same thing, only use a funnel...if you can find a small enough funnel.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

You could make a tiny funnel from aluminium foil.

(I think, I've never tried with a really tiny bottle!)

I spritz from all my bottles into sample vials. The trick is to let your finger extend over the the sprayer top and lightly hold the decant bottle directly over the spray hole, touching the spray head, while pressing it up against your fingertip. That way, when you spritz, the decant bottle is stable and will move up and down in it's place (directly in front of a still solid stream of perfume.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    I spritz from all my bottles into sample vials. The trick is to let your finger extend over the the sprayer top and lightly hold the decant bottle directly over the spray hole, touching the spray head, while pressing it up against your fingertip. That way, when you spritz, the decant bottle is stable and will move up and down in it's place (directly in front of a still solid stream of perfume.)
    Great tip, Shycat! I've been contemplating how to spray my perfume into tiny sample vials but have been too afraid to try at risk of wasting the juice. Now, I think I'll give it a whirl...thanks so much!

Kim
    Last edited by GraySwan; 22nd January 2007 at 12:27 AM.

Your welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliamphora
    You could make a tiny funnel from aluminium foil.

(I think, I've never tried with a really tiny bottle!)
    Wax paper works well for this...

Paul
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Smile Re: How to put perfume into tiny bottles?

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Last Christmas, I bought some little perfume bottles for my mother-in-law which came with their own little funnels. I now wish I had gotten myself one just for the funnel. Real small funnels.

Quote Originally Posted by TDDanae
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Last Christmas, I bought some little perfume bottles for my mother-in-law which came with their own little funnels. I now wish I had gotten myself one just for the funnel. Real small funnels.
    tiny funnels are available from the Container Store

link to funnels at container store

There is an even smaller size than the ones listed here. You could try calling to see if they have it (it retails for 59 cents in stores).

Using larger atomizer decant bottles, I haven't had much issue with spillage because I use Shycat's technique and the mouth of the decant bottles is big enough. If you are decanting from a liquid (not atomized), you could also try using a chemistry pipette.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Quote Originally Posted by TDDanae
    I just bought one for myself at the store that I manage. It is a 3-piece silver set: atomizer, mirror/compact, and funnel. I haven't used it yet, but I know it will come in handy.
    Jam

Thumbs up Re: How to put perfume into tiny bottles?

Thanks for the ideas. I will try to find a funnel small enough and if I can't, I will make my own. The wax paper idea sounds good because it is a nice smooth surface.

when i transfer my scents to tiny bottles or vials
    i simply just "spray" it in
    i "half spray it," squirts out rather than spreading a wide area
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.